Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Guys....we all know this isn't happening right? Jets will get pulled along the whole time for a better deal. He'll get traded to the Raiders. 

It'll come out Douglas had this great big offer but he ultimately chose Raiders (Just like Tyreek Hill). Thus ending with the Jets being laughed at....again. 

Oh and throw on top of that, you'll see so many LOL's that we didn't learn from Denver with signing Hackett and ended up empty handed just like them. 

This is the way. 

In this case, I'd say this sort of thing wont happen.  Rodgers may not go to the Jets, but it wont be because the Raiders are more attractive and the Jets are a dupe.  Right now, the Jets are the better bet as far as what they can offer and how the roster looks in comparison with the Raiders.

The Jury is still out on Saleh, but JD seems to be making a lot of progress in building for sustained success.  Other than QB and LT, the Jets have a really nice roster. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If the trade compensation for Rodgers, which I heard today as the 2023 1st, 2024 1st and E. Moore, I say let the Raiders have him.  I would not give one 1st for him, let alone 2 firsts and a starting player.  He's 39, not 29.  Let's stop this foolishness please.  The Jets are building a football team, not filling an assisted living facility.   

37 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I read is somewhere in The Athletic. I can't find it now.  Still, I wouldn't give a single 1st for him. I don't even want to pay him $60 million standing alone.  I think he's declining and is an average QB and doesn't deserve to be paid for past performance.  

You read this in an article on the Athletic by someone speculating on what the Brady retirement could mean to the Rodgers situation.

It was all SPECULATION by the writer....don't post on the board like this is some well sourced rumor.  Or at least be smart enough to understand the context of how this was written. 

Here is what was written, the guy is clearly just throwing sh*t out there....

That leaves the Raiders and the Jets. Brady probably wasn’t going to the Jets. He couldn’t face his longtime former team and head coach twice a year, could he? The leader in the clubhouse for Brady seemed to be the Raiders, but then the 45-year-old retired.

That might incentivize the Raiders to be more aggressive in trading for Rodgers, which in turn might entice the Jets to up their potential offer. In Las Vegas, Rodgers would have old friend Davante Adams, wide receiver Hunter Renfrow and potentially All-Pro running back Josh Jacobs if the Raiders re-sign him. Instead of offering, let’s say, the No. 7 pick this year, a 2023 third-round selection and tight end Darren Waller for Rodgers, maybe the Raiders up their offer to their 2023 first-round pick, a conditional 2024 second-round pick that can become a first if Rodgers doesn’t retire after one season and Waller instead of settling for Brady and letting the Jets nab Rodgers.

To make sure the Raiders don’t land Rodgers, the quarterback-desperate Jets might offer, let’s say, their No. 13 pick, a 2024 first-round pick without a condition and wide receiver Elijah Moore.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd be stunned if the Jets paid 2 of the top 3 or 4 QBs hitting the market. I see Zach as a lock for QB2.

I don't believe that would happen either. I'm more and more inclined to keep the draft picks if the Packers want the world for a 39 year old QB. I would stick to my guns and get a QB without giving up one 1st rounder or even 2nd round pick - that goes for Carr too. I hope the Raiders pick his contract up. It hurts their cap heading into free agency. 

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If the trade compensation for Rodgers, which I heard today as the 2023 1st, 2024 1st and E. Moore, I say let the Raiders have him.  I would not give one 1st for him, let alone 2 firsts and a starting player.  He's 39, not 29.  Let's stop this foolishness please.  The Jets are building a football team, not filling an assisted living facility.   

Will Smith Clapping GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

They’ve always been the biggest threat.  At the end of the day, it’s probably going to come down to what the packages are from both teams.  Bigger question is will Rodgers get involved and demand a specific place or threaten to retire.  Up to this point, I don’t believe that he has been directly involved in any discussions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They’ve always been the biggest threat.  At the end of the day, it’s probably going to come down to what the packages are from both teams.  Bigger question is will Rodgers get involved and demand a specific place or threaten to retire.  Up to this point, I don’t believe that he has been directly involved in any discussions.

I don't think he would retire same year as Brady and I am sure others think that as well.

35 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

You read this in an article on the Athletic by someone speculating on what the Brady retirement could mean to the Rodgers situation.

It was all SPECULATION by the writer....don't post on the board like this is some well sourced rumor.  Or at least be smart enough to understand the context of how this was written. 

Here is what was written, the guy is clearly just throwing sh*t out there....

With all the crap that's posted here, you tell me not to post that  I read this as a trade proposal ?  Seriously?  What is this board?  CBS News?  I stated I heard/read it.  I didn't state it as fact, but said IF it is true, it is too much. That's called an opinion.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I don't think he would retire same year as Brady and I am sure others think that as well.

I definitely agree.  Do the Packers call his bluff or suck it up to end any conflict is the question.  I also question the Raiders ability and willingness to give up assets and pay Aaron.

Just a thought on this. I know offensive schemes nowadays are pretty much blended together.  However, does McDaniels run a WCO based scheme? 

If not, would McDaniels change his O to accommodate AR12?  Would AR12 be open to running McDaniels O?  At this stage of his career I can’t see AR12 wanting to learn and run an O different than what he’s been basically running for the past 15+ yrs. 

@football guy thoughts? 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

It was leaked that GB wanted two 1st rounders minimum for Rodgers. This is true. This also doesn't mean much lmfao. They can ask for the moon. The market will dictate what they actually end up with. Unless there is a massive bidding war I just don't see ANY team forking over that kind of draft capital for a 39yr old player who is almost certain to retire. Even as good as Rodgers. 

And yes, if this is what they are asking for Rodgers, JD will walk away and let him rot in LV. 

People compare this to the Tyreek Hill trade. Its not that. Hill was arguably still in the prime of his career coming off a SB appearance (if I am not mistaken). There WAS a bidding war for him. And he ended up going to Miami for (arguably) LESS than what we are talking about here for Rodgers.    

Leaked?

Are you referring to what Peter King wrote a couple of weeks ago?  

That was Peter King guessing that GB would want two 1sts.  No “sources”. It was his opinion/guess. Everyone in the media/Twitter ran it as that’s the price. Everyone was too lazy to actually read all of what Peter wrote. 

Not calling you out just trying to clarify this whole two 1sts is the price (it could still end of being that but just want to clarify where it all started). 

rodgers is never coming here joe followed the genius plan the broncos used last year and even worse we saw how bad the coach was but we STILL brought him in.

I think in the end Arod goes to the dolphins -best fit for him -arod with hill and waddle would be terrible for us though-Tua is toast sad but true 

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

With all the crap that's posted here, you tell me not to post that  I read this as a trade proposal ?  Seriously?  What is this board?  CBS News?  I stated I heard/read it.  I didn't state it as fact, but said IF it is true, it is too much. That's called an opinion.  

Well...when you're one of the leaders in posting crap...I'm gonna call you out for it.

Now....carry on....

4 hours ago, slats said:

One thing you hear pretty consistently about Rodgers is that he doesn’t want the east coast and would like to get back west. Jets should tread lightly if they dip their toe in here, as the franchise has gotten played before. Maccagnan would be offering his first born and his prize Nespresso. Mangini would name his next kid Ayahuasca. 

Oh shoot. I forgot. Rogers played at Cal. Yeah, we screwed. Gonna be his side bitch to get what he want form Las Vegas. Oh well, nice while it lasted. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope he goes to the raiders.  Bring in garropolo and Minshew.

1- Garropolo

2- Minshew

3- Zach Wilson

OK, so a guy who can't stay on the field 56% of the time, backed up by a guy who is mid level at best, backed up by a guy who is pretty much currently the worst QB in the league. What could go wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OK, so a guy who can't stay on the field 56% of the time, backed up by a guy who is mid level at best, backed up by a guy who is pretty much currently the worst QB in the league. What could go wrong?

Sounds like the QB room of the NYJ to me!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Leaked?

Are you referring to what Peter King wrote a couple of weeks ago?  

That was Peter King guessing that GB would want two 1sts.  No “sources”. It was his opinion/guess. Everyone in the media/Twitter ran it as that’s the price. Everyone was too lazy to actually read all of what Peter wrote. 

Not calling you out just trying to clarify this whole two 1sts is the price (it could still end of being that but just want to clarify where it all started). 

Yes, that is where I got it. Again, I don't agree with it. I'm just saying that is where I heard it. The Peter King tweet. 

• Upvote 1