Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

18 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Mannnn. It ain’t happening. We need to move on. Sooner the better. Someone start another thread on who we should pair with Jimmy G.

Tbh he can go there and finish his career not making the playoffs and being completely exposed in that tuff division with that terrible team 

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

lol

No one thinks that'd be the sole reason Rodgers picks one team over another. But sure, it could be a factor if he's torn between two realistic options.

Thing is, it's not the home games vs away games that'd matter for his situation, like we think of for others.

On his existing contract, 98% of his compensation for the next 2 seasons is due via a lump bonus check each year, so essentially ALL of it is subject to his team's state taxes. Since almost all of it would be taxed at the marginal rate, that's about $11MM over the next 2 seasons alone. The only home/road games would be like my first post above. Only his ~$70K/week game checks - for road games - would be subject to those opponents' states, and all together it's not even a rounding error; what is it maybe $5K/week x 8-9 weeks? 

Between the upcoming two seasons, you're talking about just over $11MM of after-tax money: cash. The idea that he cares nothing about $11MM in cash, because he's also still got a bunch more, is ****ing stupid. 

FFS if he didn't care about $11MM in cash then he wouldn't bother doing State Farm commercials or any other endorsements for a fraction of that after-tax take-home amount. Something tells me he isn't/wasn't doing those for free. Nor Mahomes, Reid, nor any other player who signs endorsement deals for $500K here and a couple million there (all of that before losing half to taxes). They expect to get paid, and for a lot less than $11MM. Only exceptions are impossibly unique athletes & scenarios, like the endorsement deals Jordan & Tiger got from Nike. Rodgers doesn't get anywhere near that. 

Shaq has got to be worth half a billion by now & he still does foot powder commercials ffs.

But they don't care, lol.

Do you have proof on the bolded part?

9 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Tbh he can go there and finish his career not making the playoffs and being completely exposed in that tuff division with that terrible team 

That is our only hope with buddy Adams there. Add to that a prick in Josh McDaniels, a terrible owner similar to Woody & a terrible defense. 
He has two years remaining to confirm his legacy as being a “Big Game” performer or cement it as Kirk Cousins-esque regular season stats producer. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:40 AM, usanyj said:

I think the reality show of watching Josh McDaniels and Aaron Rodgers communicate would be interesting to watch.

I think this above all else is a big deterrent for Rodgers to go to Vegas.

Is Rodgers going to take well to that kind of coaching and personality, while learning his new offensive system?

Or go to a coach who is good vibes / mental health-focused, leaving offense to the oversight of his best bud Hackett?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CeeJayy said:

Is he really going to go to a division with Patty Mahomes/Justin Herbert?

I'd still lean towards the Chiefs even if the Raiders acquired Rodgers. (which means wildcard or no playoffs for the Raiders)

Lean?  Come on.  Lean towards a team that has won the division 7 seasons in a row and has been to 5 straight AFC Championship games?  A fading 39 year old Rodgers with that roster and with that head coach and that defense is going compete with the Chiefs?  This is not the NFC North.  

2 hours ago, CeeJayy said:

Is he really going to go to a division with Patty Mahomes/Justin Herbert?

I'd still lean towards the Chiefs even if the Raiders acquired Rodgers. (which means wildcard or no playoffs for the Raiders)

By that logic he's a shoo in to go to Tenn in the AFC South with Tlaw, Mills and whoever is Indy's QB right ? 

Frankly I’d be surprised if Rodgers ends up with the Raiders unless he just doesn’t care about winning to close out his career. He would be in a worse spot there than  if he were to stay with the Packers. I think there’s a better chance he stays in GreenBay or retires if he doesn’t come to New York.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Aaron Rodgers is going to wake up in about two weeks, around 2pm, and decide where he wants to play football while brushing his teeth. Anything he says or does before that moment in time is stage dressing. 

If that tool picks the raiders over us, I will probably hate him more than Brady clown cheating ass

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

If that tool picks the raiders over us, I will probably hate him more than Brady clown cheating ass

The buzz this week was that Rodgers was going to the Jets, so Rodgers is doing some I-heart-Raiders shtick. This week, the buzz will be that Rodgers is going to the Raiders, so Rodgers is going to start talking about how his girlfriend is from New York and how he really loves Broadway and sh*t. By Thursday, he’ll start popping off about how great North Carolina is. It’s just how he rolls. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I listened to Rodgers tongue and cheek Pebble Beach comments a second time. IMO, he knows the crowd was predominately Raiders fans and pacified them. I know Vegas after his comments flipped the script, but I do not think he showed his hand in any way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Aaron Rodgers is going to wake up in about two weeks, around 2pm, and decide where he wants to play football while brushing his teeth. Anything he says or does before that moment in time is stage dressing. 

You might be right.  I don't think he really knows wtf he wants to do yet.  My gut feeling is that he winds up in Vegas. If I were him, that's where I'd prefer, given equal financials offered by the 2 teams.  Not sure how much say he actually has as there is no no-trade clause in his contract.  Raiders have #7, 38, 70, 106, 138, 141 and Jets have 13, 43, 74, 109, 140 in first 5 rounds.  Advantage: Raiders.  I'd think the Raiduhs are going to be more liberal in offering picks than JD as well.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was just about to post something similar.   I think Mr. Deep Thinker likes to mess with people.  Don’t you dare try to interpret the whimsical Rodgers, because he’s just too complex to predict what he’s thinking.  So when the Jets are getting the talk, let’s stoke the flames of the Raiders.  Now that the Raiders are getting all their hopes up, the winds will shift again.  It’s just a show. 

Edit:  in other words exactly what you said a few posts later that I didn’t see 

• Post of the Week 1

If the most important thing to Rodgers is winning (which he has claimed numerous times in other contexts) the obvious choice is the Jets over the Raiders IMO. The Raiders have some nice pieces on offense but their defense is absolute trash. They also play in a ridiculous division.

If Rodgers gets to decide between the 2 and chooses Raiders - well - I don't believe his priority isn't winning and maybe we dodged a bullet.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Tired Kevin James GIF by TV Land

“Guess I’ll go to the Titans. Fuk it. “

I think both Vrabel and McDaniels’ hardo-ness will bum him out. The Tennessee roster is a shambles, to boot. The Jets can legitimately make him a full partner in the offense and they’ll get him “his guys” if he wants Bakhtiari and Lazard. The Jets needs on defense are pretty cheap—ILBs and safeties, so they can focus their resources toward supplementing the offense, and Saleh and Hackett being mushes would be a huge plus for a narcissist like Rodgers. The elevator pitch is “come in here and you can run the team.” He’s not getting that anywhere else. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You might be right.  I don't think he really knows wtf he wants to do yet.  My gut feeling is that he winds up in Vegas. If I were him, that's where I'd prefer, given equal financials offered by the 2 teams.  Not sure how much say he actually has as there is no no-trade clause in his contract.  Raiders have #7, 38, 70, 106, 138, 141 and Jets have 13, 43, 74, 109, 140 in first 5 rounds.  Advantage: Raiders.  I'd think the Raiduhs are going to be more liberal in offering picks than JD as well.

All we can hope for is the Jimmy G connection. He’s excelled in McDaniels system previously, is younger, will cost less and less of a head case who calls out the coaches. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

By that logic he's a shoo in to go to Tenn in the AFC South with Tlaw, Mills and whoever is Indy's QB right ? 

If Tenn had any shred of a reasonable WR corps, I could see him definitely going there. Tennessee also has Willis, do they give up on him already?

Woods, Burks, Hooper - I suspect wouldn't catch his attention. 

15 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Do you have proof on the bolded part?

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085

• He makes $59.5MM next season. $58.3MM of that is new option bonus money. $1.65MM is salary (~$70K/week) and $50K in workout bonus.  
  • The year after that it's very similar except his salary is ~$1MM more and "only" $47MM is yet another option bonus.

Total option bonus = $105.3MM + $0.1MM workout bonus = $105.4MM in bonus money = paid in his team's state.

$3.5MM is in salary. Half of that - for home games - is taxed the same as bonus, in that it's also paid in his team's home state.

So something like:

• $1.76MM will be spread among 17 road games over the next 2 seasons
  •  $107.16MM paid (and taxed) in his home state: 98% of that is in bonus money; the other 2% as salary.

Sum = he pays an additional 8 figures in state income taxes if he plays for the Jets (among other higher-tax states) instead of the Raiders (or teams in FL, TX, WA, and I think TN; none of which tax wages). 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

To piggy back on this, there are people in the Jets communications department that believe Rodgers is deliberately not mentioning the jets to avoid tampering. Admittedly these people acknowledge they don’t know for sure, but take it fwiw 

So if he keeps mentioning the Raiders that’s not tampering ? Lol

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

To piggy back on this, there are people in the Jets communications department that believe Rodgers is deliberately not mentioning the jets to avoid tampering. Admittedly these people acknowledge they don’t know for sure, but take it fwiw 

I believe Rodgers has more power than we give him credit for. 
* He can blow up any trade by mentioning retirement 

* His popularity with the fan base would warrant he leave’s happy and without blowing up the front office 

* GB will want him to return for future events after his induction into Canton. I don’t know if they want another Brady/Pats Ice Dance

* If AR wants Jets, they’ll work it out

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

Raiders always were/are the biggest threat.  My intel doesn’t come from Aaron’s camp, but I’d find it hard to imagine the Packers would take a lesser offer just to let him go where he wants.

A Rodgers will be a Raider( don’t want him ) but the deal is done already.   Facts A Rodgers just recently bought a house in Vegas in the same neighborhood as Devante Adams .( last year Adams bought one right next to Carr well before the trade was made.     Devante Adams knows he will be a Raider.  ( Mcdaniels hinting it too) 
Raiders despite all their injuries on offense last year( no Waller and Hunter Renfrow ) they blew more double digit leads in the second half .   They should easily been a playoff team if not for some really bad coaching decisions . They got so conservative on offense in the second half.  

The draft compensation for A Rodgers isn’t going to be what you expect . A Rodgers has fully guarantee contract the Packers are screwed if he retires or comes back .  ( doesn’t want to be there). He has the Packers by the balls. Yes the Raiders  need work on defense but with eleven draft picks and Fa ( who wouldn’t want to play with Rodgers, one top Wr ( D Adams) and the leading NFL Rb Josh Jacobs .   Raiders do have some nice pieces on defense they just need a lot more help on that side .    ( still need a Rt on offense, real number 2 Wr. ) 

With A Rodgers and their offensive weapons healthy  they can compete with any team in the AFC or the nfl .     But what this is a two year window at best , and a Rodgers is an ahole .   Can’t stand his politics or the man but unfortunately will be a Raider  next  year.   Done deal.     

Btw you don’t want D Carr for one reason he’s terrible when weather gets under 30 degrees - never won a game yet .   Carr can win a Super Bowl but will have to be a team with done, or warm weather . 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers will be a Raider( don’t want him ) but the deal is done already.   Facts A Rodgers just recently bought a house in Vegas in the same neighborhood as Devante Adams .( last year Adams bought one right next to Carr well before the trade was made.     Devante Adams knows he will be a Raider.  ( Mcdaniels hinting it too) 
Raiders despite all their injuries on offense last year( no Waller and Hunter Renfrow ) they blew more double digit leads in the second half .   They should easily been a playoff team if not for some really bad coaching decisions . They got so conservative on offense in the second half.  

The draft compensation for A Rodgers isn’t going to be what you expect . A Rodgers has fully guarantee contract the Packers are screwed if he retires or comes back .  ( doesn’t want to be there). He has the Packers by the balls. Yes the Raiders  need work on defense but with eleven draft picks and Fa ( who wouldn’t want to play with Rodgers, one top Wr ( D Adams) and the leading NFL Rb Josh Jacobs .   Raiders do have some nice pieces on defense they just need a lot more help on that side .    ( still need a Rt on offense, real number 2 Wr. ) 

With A Rodgers and their offensive weapons healthy  they can compete with any team in the AFC or the nfl .     But what this is a two year window at best , and a Rodgers is an ahole .   Can’t stand his politics or the man but unfortunately will be a Raider  next  year.   Done deal.     

Btw you don’t want D Carr for one reason he’s terrible when weather gets under 30 degrees - never won a game yet .   Carr can win a Super Bowl but will have to be a team with done, or warm weather . 

Guy always brings the sizzle.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/02/02/rumors-aaron-rodgers-buys-house-in-las-vegas-after-davante-adams-tweet/%3famp

Calm down

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If the most important thing to Rodgers is winning (which he has claimed numerous times in other contexts) the obvious choice is the Jets over the Raiders IMO. The Raiders have some nice pieces on offense but their defense is absolute trash. They also play in a ridiculous division.

If Rodgers gets to decide between the 2 and chooses Raiders - well - I don't believe his priority isn't winning and maybe we dodged a bullet.

Bigger problem; Josh McDaniel is a nasty peice of work. Carr got along great with both Gruden and then Bisaccia. McDaniel shows up with his Lil'Bill act, and it goes to hell. Money is important, but Rodgers getting huge $ any where he goes. Dealing with a turd every day of the week, that's hard. Doesn't mean Jets have any upper hand, but a consideration.

Being nice to drunk ass Raiders fans at a golf tournament is not a decision.