Jets Season Ticket Renewals Up 20%

58 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i will be fair and as far as the stadium goes i really dont care - agree it looks like an air conditioner but as far as asthetics  go - not a big deal to me

Gameday experience which has zero to do with the building - absolutely in the toilet. Jets simply refuse to change it. I just dont know who they think they are catering to 

They really don't have to cater to anyone, because we fill the building despite the crap surroundings. 

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

It doesn't mean anything to them, either. This is pure spin. It's that, or they are as stupid as we think and believe that's a meaningful metric.

If season ticket sales went down and then the increase brought them back to where they were.  But you don’t know that

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

all data provided by Jets PR team.  

There is no way to authenticate the claim.  Of course the NY Jets would like everyone to believe this.  LOL.

People here are gullible.  

Well and good but to be fair just because we can’t prove it’s true that doesn’t mean it’s BS

If it is true, or isn’t true, who cares?

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well and good but to be fair just because we can’t prove it’s true that doesn’t mean it’s BS

If it is true, or isn’t true, who cares?

That's the point: Who cares? It's meaningless and doesn't back the narrative that they're trying to push here either way.

17 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

That's the point: Who cares? It's meaningless and doesn't back the narrative that they're trying to push here either way.

They’re trying to sell tix, pushing the get them while they’re available narrative.  It’s as old a sales ploy as there is

Jets are top 5 in attendance every season, were 2nd last season, just ahead of the Giants.   They seem to know what they’re doing, especially given the product. 
http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

8 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Jets:

In 2022, 60,000 of 80,000 fans renewed season tickets (75%)

In 2023, 59,850 of 63,000 fans renewed season tickets (95%)

20% increase!

If these numbers are really accurate, then the title of the thread should have been "Alarming analysis of 2022 Jets season ticket holders showed that 25% of them cancelled their season tickets in one year."

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They’re trying to sell tix, pushing the get them while they’re available narrative.  It’s as old a sales ploy as there is

Jets are top 5 in attendance every season, were 2nd last season, just ahead of the Giants.   They seem to know what they’re doing, especially given the product. 
http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

The Jets know what they're doing?

???

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

The Jets know what they're doing?

???

Well if the argument is they don’t but yet they’re somehow on the top of the attendance list every year.  They were 2nd last year.  That means they don’t because we hate our team?   They can’t field a winner but they know how to sell tix apparently

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well if the argument is they don’t but yet they’re somehow on the top of the attendance list every year.  They were 2nd last year.  That means they don’t because we hate our team?   They can’t field a winner but they know how to sell tix apparently

They sell tickets in spite of themselves. Imagine if they actually knew how to produce a consumer-friendly product in any aspect.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

Thats fair and ultimatly you are correct - if it bothers you that much - dont go.

The other side to that is though is it too much to ask that we want to go to the game and just watch football? I could see if the complaint is the team sucks and always lose (which is also true) so I am pissed off. That is not it. I understand the product - dont like it but I am a fan and not changing that loyalty.

It is all the stupid nonsense they do that actually prevents you from following the game - that they can control and change and the majority complaining about simply can;t understand the reluctance to do so.

Same principle. Going to a stadium, any stadium is not a basic need - it's a luxury purchase. Whatever the reasoning behind it, if you (the general you) don't like it, do not spend on such luxury.

I (sadly) consider myself a Jets fan. I will not spend money on jerseys or any other luxury purchase that I do not consider brings value in exchange for the money paid.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

20% compared to what? The empty stadium we have had the last 10 years?

The organization is cheap after paying the players. From their training staff to their assistant coaches. They have 21 year old interns running their public relations and social media, and it shows. Complete amateur hour from top to bottom.