Cooper Rush

He's a guy I haven't seen mentioned at all as kind of a last resort option, in the Minshew mold I guess.  Looked pretty impressive when given the opportunity with Dallas and might be looking to go somewhere where he can get an opportunity to start.  Should be pretty cheap, maybe slightly more than Mike White money.  IF we miss out on Rodgers and the plan is to bring in a short term option - keep the window open for Zach - where would he rank on the "want" list?  

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

He's a guy I haven't seen mentioned at all as kind of a last resort option, in the Minshew mold I guess.  Looked pretty impressive when given the opportunity with Dallas and might be looking to go somewhere where he can get an opportunity to start.  Should be pretty cheap, maybe slightly more than Mike White money.  IF we miss out on Rodgers and the plan is to bring in a short term option - keep the window open for Zach - where would he rank on the "want" list?  

Right below Bridgewater, and Minishew 

if the jets don't sign a name qb oreven a vet like minshew, they will have to rely on hackett to develop someone in short order.  this could mean zwilson depending on what they see from the past season or it might mean signing a qb who was a back up this past season.  i suppose it could even be re-signing mfw.  this thing can go a whole lot of ways.  i think one thing is sure.  the jets will have a much better run blocking team than last season barring injury.  get a run game and even zwilson can have success.

• Upvote 2

Seems like Rodgers is the top guy for the Jets right now. I don't know how they view Carr but you have to assume he is #2. Then I would assume its Jimmy G. 

*Sidenote: I think the Jets realize that Daniel Jones and Lamar Jackson will not be realistic options. JMHO. 

After that, there are a whole slew of backup QBs with starter experience who the Jets can go after. Rush fits right in there. And I have no idea how the Jets feel about him. 

One thing I can tell you is that the Jets have made it clear that they are not giving up on Zach (yet). That tells me that they would prefer to bring in someone with experience. Cooper Rush is 29 but has only played 19 games. A guy like Brissett, Mayfield, Bridgewater or even Minshew makes more sense. JMHO.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Seems like Rodgers is the top guy for the Jets right now. I don't know how they view Carr but you have to assume he is #2. Then I would assume its Jimmy G. 

*Sidenote: I think the Jets realize that Daniel Jones and Lamar Jackson will not be realistic options. JMHO. 

After that, there are a whole slew of backup QBs with starter experience who the Jets can go after. Rush fits right in there. And I have no idea how the Jets feel about him. 

One thing I can tell you is that the Jets have made it clear that they are not giving up on Zach (yet). That tells me that they would prefer to bring in someone with experience. Cooper Rush is 29 but has only played 19 games. A guy like Brissett, Mayfield, Bridgewater or even Minshew makes more sense. JMHO.  

You'd assume if this is true, it automatically rules out Carr.  I think he's the only guy who would fit as a "long term" addition.  Even Jimmy G would probably only be a 3 year deal, tops.  By the 3rd you could probably cut him with little penalty.  But yeah, obviously Rodgers and Jimmy would be my top targets, but if we miss out I wouldn't hate the idea of going after Rush.  Bridgewater would be near the bottom of my list, same as Baker.  Minshew would probably be near the top after Rodgers-Jimmy-Tannehill.  

30 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Agreed -- I see it the same way.  Rush is just another question mark -- just like Zach, White and Streveler.  We need a guy who we know can give us a baseline of competent QB play.

I have been a JD supporter, but if we go into next season with a QB room of some cominbation of Cooper Rush, Zach WIlson,  Mike White and Chris Streveler, I will be leading the pitchfork brigade to Florham Park.

I'll be back in 2019 — and probably with a pitchfork" (meaning) |  WordReference Forums

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed -- I see it the same way.  Rush is just another question mark -- just like Zach, White and Streveler.  We need a guy who we know can give us a baseline of competent QB play.

I have been a JD supporter, but if we go into next season with a QB room of some cominbation of Cooper Rush, Zach WIlson,  Mike White and Chris Streveler, I will be leading the pitchfork brigade to Florham Park.

I'll be back in 2019 — and probably with a pitchfork" (meaning) |  WordReference Forums

THIS

Every word

Again, nothing against you or your point...but here we are with people advocating for the jacoby brissetts and Cooper Rushs of the world.

People sh*t on derek carr but then bring up cooper rush and jacoby brissett.

If you are looking to go after a Cowboy QB, why not see if Jerry is done with Dak? They posted shade at him the day after the SF loss on twitter, he hasn't been able to win "the big one", maybe Jerry is over him. Long shot, but if I'm calling Jerry, it's for Dak.

JD and Saleh aren't going to, nor should they want to, pin their jobs on Cooper Rush or Jacoby Brissett.  If they do, then they shouldn't wait until ex Black Monday, they should be fired when they bring that decision to Woody's office.

37 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

If that's the level we're playing in just bring back Mike White

I think this team loves Mike White. And maybe he will be the safety valve if he is still hanging around in FA. But my guess is that there are huge concerns with him being able to stay on the field. And yes, I'm sure there are similar concerns with Jimmy G.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

Again, nothing against you or your point...but here we are with people advocating for the jacoby brissetts and Cooper Rushs of the world.

People sh*t on derek carr but then bring up cooper rush and jacoby brissett.

If you are looking to go after a Cowboy QB, why not see if Jerry is done with Dak? They posted shade at him the day after the SF loss on twitter, he hasn't been able to win "the big one", maybe Jerry is over him. Long shot, but if I'm calling Jerry, it's for Dak.

JD and Saleh aren't going to, nor should they want to, pin their jobs on Cooper Rush or Jacoby Brissett.  If they do, then they shouldn't wait until ex Black Monday, they should be fired when they bring that decision to Woody's office.

Well, don't bulk us all in tpgetehr! lol

I never hated on Carr and then turned around and made a case for Brissett.

I do, however, think if the Jets can't get Carr or Rodgers they should look at someone like Brissett, who has a considerable amount of starting experience rather than Rush, who only played 19 games in his career. And I don't think JD will be 'pinning his job' on Brissett. I think that's a move you make when you've exhausted other options. 

BTW-  JD would not be 'calling Jerry' for Rush because Rush is a FA. Sure, he could inquire about Dak, as he could call about a number of starting QBs around the league-- but odds of being able to trade for an established starter without giving up a ton of draft capital are slim. Dak led his team to the playoffs and a 12-5 record this year. He didn't have outstanding numbers but he also missed 5 games. Last year he threw for 37 TDs, with 10 INTs and over 4k yards. He's not going anywhere.     

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

id take cooper rush over dak prescot, but not over rodgers or carr.