Carr & New Orleans Saints?

C Mart

2/3/2023 

After acquiring extra draft capital by trading Sean Payton, the New Orleans Saints could be a player in the trade market for quarterbacks this offseason according to Adam Wells of Bleacherreport.

Per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the Saints were "buzzing" as a potential landing spot for Derek Carr among NFL scouts and executives in Alabama this week for the Senior Bowl.

Fowler noted some teams interested in Carr will look to rework his contract to 

I don’t think Carr has a lot of incentive to let the Raiders trade him. They owe him guaranteed money if he’s on the roster 2/15, he said he won’t push that date, they kind of did him dirty late last season, and he has a no trade clause.

May as well just refuse any trades and make the Raiders cut him so his new team doesn’t have to give up draft capital.

If I’m reaching then maybe if he wants to go to New Orleans and the Raiders would facilitate a trade to get the Saints cap space or something…but that feels like a huge reach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jbt said:

Its Rodgers 1st then Jimmy G for us.  if not them we are screwed with probably Minshew, White and Zach

if no Rodgers, Carr, Lamar, Jimmy G

We should really just quit. 

Brissett, Bridgewater or Baker, ............... Tannechoke  

none of those are appealing 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Green Bay is just licking their chops watching the jets like the last pork chop on the plate.

Maybe, maybe not. The packers may be looking to move on from AR anyway. The Jets can always say "we aren't ponying up what you want", and now the packers are left still looking to get rid of AR. Maybe there's a large market for him, maybe there isn't. If not, the packers would be smart to take what they can get, and potentially build up some clout with the team they trade him to. The Jets may decide that with even consistent\average play at QB they're a playoff team that can get a better younger QB the following season, and avoid a chase for AR. Maybe the draft coin needed to get AR would enable them to trade up for a QB now instead.    

29 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Maybe, maybe not. The packers may be looking to move on from AR anyway. The Jets can always say "we aren't ponying up what you want", and now the packers are left still looking to get rid of AR. Maybe there's a large market for him, maybe there isn't. If not, the packers would be smart to take what they can get, and potentially build up some clout with the team they trade him to. The Jets may decide that with even consistent\average play at QB they're a playoff team that can get a better younger QB the following season, and avoid a chase for AR. Maybe the draft coin needed to get AR would enable them to trade up for a QB now instead.    

The Jets have totally committed to getting one of the top QBs.  If Carr goes elsewhere in the next week or so and if Jimmy G goes elsewhere the packers will just roast the Jets in a trade,

6 hours ago, jbt said:

Its Rodgers 1st then Jimmy G for us.  if not them we are screwed with probably Minshew, White and Zach

we are royally screwed with jimmy g. we shouldn't be anywhere near that guy. he is a walking injury waiting to happen. besides that he is only an average qb anyway

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets have totally committed to getting one of the top QBs.  If Carr goes elsewhere in the next week or so and if Jimmy G goes elsewhere the packers will just roast the Jets in a trade,

jimmy g is not a top qb. dude can't even stay on the field

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is my fear as well. I'm worried we are not overly serious about Carr cause we want Rodgers. I really think Jimmy G ends up in Vegas.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree but i think he is to the jets.  In reality there is rodgers and carr but people will lump garapollo in that group

honestly if we lose on rodgers and carr......our best option really is probably baker mayfield. jimmy g should be off our board completely. there is a very high probability he misses a lot of games in any year that he is playing

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

honestly if we lose on rodgers and carr......our best option really is probably baker mayfield. jimmy g should be off our board completely. there is a very high probability he misses a lot of games in any year that he is playing

Baker mayfield is awful and has been for years, id take Tannehill, Darnold, Minshew and Brissett over Mayfield.

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I agree...and the NYJ can say to GB, you better make up your mind because we ain't sitting here holding our d*cks while you figure out your dilemma.  We're going to aggressively pursue other options if you're dragging your feet.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:05 PM, greenwave81 said:

I agree...and the NYJ can say to GB, you better make up your mind because we ain't sitting here holding our d*cks while you figure out your dilemma.  We're going to aggressively pursue other options if you're dragging your feet.

Rodgers is the one holding things up, acting like he might retire.   That concerns me- I want a guy hungry to win, not sitting on the fence making business decisions.   If we get him, prepare to go thru this every year til he finally quits.

• Post of the Week 1

Well…with all the different scenarios..different opinions, etc.. on who our Jets should acquire; the only thing we know for sure is it ain’t gonna be a boring off-season.

Like many, I’m checking in daily here and on Twitter..more than once.

Rodgers is the one holding things up, acting like he might retire.   That concerns me- I want a guy hungry to win, not sitting on the fence making business decisions.   If we get him, prepare to go thru this every year til he finally quits.
You would rather 2-3 yrs of Gardner Minshew arriving in camp on time with no drama to Aaron Rogers ????

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk