Fact is - Nobody in their right mind wants to play quarterback for the New York Jets.

4 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

There is no question that the New York Jets are a quarterback away from really being able to make a run. 

The fact that nobody wants to accept, is that no quarterback in their right mind wants to step onto this team. Playing quarterback for the New York Jets might as well be an invitation to take over Pol Pot’s reign in Cambodia.  It’s the position of death. It’s the position of no return. It’s a position which is a guaranteed career killer.

We are not getting Jimmy, we are not getting Derek just like we did not get Aaron.

I want to win just like everybody else. But I’m too old to constantly get excited that “insert player here“ is going under center for the Jets and save the day. We have been playing this game for so long I can’t even remember. Everybody is the next savior and that everybody ends up in abject failure.

I should be able to provide an alternative opinion since I’m making an argument, but I’m out of ideas to back it up anymore. I honestly have no idea what, if anything will save this franchise that could never get its head above water.

at this point, I don’t much care anymore

Well, well, we must be close in age, because this resonance with everything I’ve come to expect from this franchise. Rest of my life I’ve learned to convince myself things will get better and don’t  look in the past because the best is yet to come. But with the Jets? I’m not even sure   We’ve even seen the worse of it yet. Ain’t nothing you said foreign to me. We all want to believe it’ll get better, it’s just a little harder sell for some than others. Longer you been a fan, more you will identify with this post. Cept Phil, Boss got that serious “follow the yellow brick road” mojo when it comes to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

There is no question that the New York Jets are a quarterback away from really being able to make a run. 

The fact that nobody wants to accept, is that no quarterback in their right mind wants to step onto this team. Playing quarterback for the New York Jets might as well be an invitation to take over Pol Pot’s reign in Cambodia.  It’s the position of death. It’s the position of no return. It’s a position which is a guaranteed career killer.

We are not getting Jimmy, we are not getting Derek just like we did not get Aaron.

I want to win just like everybody else. But I’m too old to constantly get excited that “insert player here“ is going under center for the Jets and save the day. We have been playing this game for so long I can’t even remember. Everybody is the next savior and that everybody ends up in abject failure.

I should be able to provide an alternative opinion since I’m making an argument, but I’m out of ideas to back it up anymore. I honestly have no idea what, if anything will save this franchise that could never get its head above water.

No bolded red font? You’re losing your burst 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Well, well, we must be close in age, because this resonance with everything I’ve come to expect from this franchise. Rest of my life I’ve learned to convince myself things will get better and don’t  look in the past because the best is yet to come. But with the Jets? I’m not even sure   We’ve even seen the worse of it yet. Ain’t nothing you said foreign to me. We all want to believe it’ll get better, it’s just a little harder sell for some than others. Longer you been a fan, more you will identify with this post. Cept Phil, Boss got that serious “follow the yellow brick road” mojo when it comes to the Jets. 

That kid (Phil @Maxman) never gets upset or flies off the handle about the Jets. He just puts his head down, shakes his head and says “here, take my money, thank you” 

I don’t know if you remember or not, but after the last game of the season in 2008 (losing to Pennington lead dolphins to lose the division) this place was flooded.. I mean flooded by outta control Dolphin trolls. The good part about the Jets sucking for so long is that no opposing team fans have any reason to come here and troll or discuss football lol but that night I think I banned 40 accounts, and I did that after going to the game. My point? I don’t think Phil was that upset that night. 

anyways what’s the discussion again? The Jets suck right?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Last sentence says it all.

The Jets have never been a more attractive destination. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

somebody pee in your Frosted Flakes this morning?

3 hours ago, BP said:

That kid (Phil @Maxman) never gets upset or flies off the handle about the Jets. He just puts his head down, shakes his head and says “here, take my money, thank you” 

I don’t know if you remember or not, but after the last game of the season in 2008 (losing to Pennington lead dolphins to lose the division) this place was flooded.. I mean flooded by outta control Dolphin trolls. The good part about the Jets sucking for so long is that no opposing team fans have any reason to come here and troll or discuss football lol but that night I think I banned 40 accounts, and I did that after going to the game. My point? I don’t think Phil was that upset that night. 

anyways what’s the discussion again? The Jets suck right?

Wait, you don't think I get upset when the Jets lose?

• Haha 1

You may be correct in nobody wants to (as in looking forward to) . . . but if the money is right somebody ultimately will.

The stronger we make our offensive line the more comfortable a veteran QB will be in coming here. It makes it harder when they think they might have to be running for their life or have their ribs broken (or some other type of injury) because we can’t protect our QB.