Jets need to develop their young QB

11 minutes ago, Yankeesrbest said:

Look at Allen his 1st two to three years.  Mahomes had the luxury of sitting behind a pretty good QB during his rookie season.  

No you.  Do a statistical analysis of Zach and Allen’s first two years and make the case Zach has shown reason to believe 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Yankeesrbest said:

Look at Allen his 1st two to three years.  Mahomes had the luxury of sitting behind a pretty good QB during his rookie season.  

Allen could still run the offense  and see open receivers even if he missed them a lot. Zach simply can’t run the offense and doesn’t see open receivers. 100% agree with you they handled him wrong, new OC, new system and a project QB with no sustainable vet option. But, that ship has sailed, kid simply cannot run the offense and play the game at this level. 

If we are going to develop a young QB we need to get one first. Because if we are being honest, we simply don’t have one, 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Woody has to pay him, unless he is traded.

So what, not my money.

Trade him, or cut him and pay him. He's horrid.

Either way, Jets are better off.

Ah okay, see I think Zach's upside, no matter how unlikely, can provide a far greater return than the 3rd string QB we'd be bringing in. Unless Zach is ripping the locker room apart, I don't know why you'd feel so strongly about that slot he's taking up.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

This is a myth. Mahomes sat for one year and was immediately Pat Mahomes. He would have been Pat Mahomes year one as well. Maybe slightly less Pat Mahomes than year two Pat Mahomes, but he still would have ended up being Pat Mahomes.

Brock Purdy stepped in with ZERO development as a third string, last pick in the draft guy. 

If you want a QB to succeed, they first need to be good. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah and I want Alexandra Daddario to shove her t!ts in my face.

Good luck with that one

Go get Rodgers

Even if they don’t get Rodgers I want Alexandra Daddario to shove her t*ts in my face 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is a myth. Mahomes sat for one year and was immediately Pat Mahomes. He would have been Pat Mahomes year one as well. Maybe slightly less Pat Mahomes than year two Pat Mahomes, but he still would have ended up being Pat Mahomes.

Brock Purdy stepped in with ZERO development as a third string, last pick in the draft guy. 

Alex Smith looked unsalvagable for years until Andy Reid got ahold of him... Just saying

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Yankeesrbest said:

The reason Allen wasn’t as bad was because he had a ready O-line not the crap Wilson has had in front of him.  I know a lot of Jets fans were in love with White, a guy who has five years in the league.  Yeah, I’d expect him to be more experienced and have a better understanding of the defenses but even his quicker release didn’t help to keep healthy.  He’s lucky the crappy O-line didn’t get him killed.  They couldn’t open up holes for the running backs or protect their QBs.  Things got bad after Breece went down and worse after Vera-Tucker went down.  

Allen's offensive line his rookie year was bad

12 hours ago, Yankeesrbest said:

I’m done with the Jets bringing in old QBs to try to win for a season or two see Favre and O’Donnell.  They need to develop Zach Wilson and should not have hired a rookie OC to develop a rookie QB.  They also should have had an experienced QB from the get go of the kids carrier.  This team was not good enough to get to the playoffs this year.  They got lucky a few times during the year when they played hurt teams or the Browns blundered otherwise they would have had a worse record.  Fix the OL through the draft preferably, add another running back and continue to add true talent to the roster to compete for several years to come not just 1 or 2.  

Good plan except for the Zach Wilson part, that ship has sailed... I'm all in on that plan if we can draft a Drake Maye in 2024, or someone like him in 2023, not named Young, Stroud, or Hooker. Get me a prospect from a school where they've been for 4 years, and someone 6'4 or taller that can throw, but is not very mentioned because he's been hidden away.... 

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Go look at Alex Smiths year 2 compared to Wilson's. He was light years better than Wilson. 

He was a bust 5 years into the league... Whether you choose stats or not he was washed up... Zach had a terrible 2nd season... Ok... It's his ******* 2nd season... 

Yes he didn't grow from year 1 to year 2... Concerning.... Will he be good who knows but the guy has a cannon for an arm you don't give up just because he had a sh*t year... 

Year 3 and 4 are guaranteed anyway... So you let him cook behind a good qb and see what develops... All you doomers are freaking weird that want him off the team so bad... 

Worst case he is terrible after year 4 and you don't pick up his option for year 5... Best case he becomes Steve Young... Why would you not take that chance? It's not like his spot on the team is debilitating the team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Gibby said:

Sounds good in theory. But he absolutely stinks and cannot be developed. In the 5% chance  I am wrong- I’ll eat crow- but feel pretty good about my opinion 

Guy looked pretty good at the end of his first season when he had a real QB coach helping out. But, hey, not having a real QB/passing coach seemed to really help out all 4 QBs - not to mention an OC who never game planned, and was as predictable as a Hckett/Shotty offense - maybe the now OC...

oh hell, damn we are pretty screwed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Yankeesrbest said:

I’ll bet you that they bring Rodgers in and he’ll be around for about 2 years.  Maybe they make the playoffs maybe not and then the cycle of missing the playoffs  begins again.  

The Bills developed Allen.  Tell me he was good his 1st two-three seasons.  No, he wasn’t but they showed patience with him and Allen has turned into a pretty good QB. The Chiefs had a veteran in place when they brought in Mahomes and he developed.  Btw, both had good O-lines waiting for them.  Oh and the Chiefs had the benefit of having Andy Reid an offensive wizard with experience and ability to develop young talent.  

Well no. If the jets sign Rodgers then they can sit Wilson for a season and get him ready to start in 24 or 25.  Meanwhile the jets do win and take advantage of players like sauce, qwill, gWilson, hall, and so on.   The downside is if they only try to develop Zach. They really need to draft a qb this draft to hedge their bets with Wilson. And if they’re serious about this path then they need to start coaching him up right now even if it takes putting Palmer on the payroll.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You think Brock Purdy balls here?

LMFAO

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah and I want Alexandra Daddario to shove her t!ts in my face.

Good luck with that one

Go get Rodgers

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

Even if they don’t get Rodgers I want Alexandra Daddario to shove her t*ts in my face 

If this is going to happen I'd like to join the queue.

image.jpeg.4bd03020b6ab18abe7daed25b659cfec.jpeg

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Jets never have a plan for their rookie QB. They are always thrown into the fire day 1 on top of coming out of college with minimum experience.

And usually paired with a head coach who doesnt know jack about offense. 

Complete disaster set ups.

They did have a plan... He got killed... They never replaced him... Turns out it was a huge mistake... Because of this he didn't develop from year 1 to year 2... But now all these doomers want to get rid of him... Instead of having him learn at no cost. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1