New York Jets Draft Picks by Round in 2023

• Round 1, Pick 13 overall
  • Round 2, Pick 43 overall
  • Round 3, Pick 74 overall
  • Round 4, Pick 109 overall
  • Round 5, Pick 140 overall
  • Round 6, Pick 171 overall 

Rodgers Draft Pick Package:

My guess is Pick #74 this year  & next year will be tied to games played & playoffs. If AR starts 80% of games GB gets our 2024 2nd round pick. If he gets us to the playoffs, it’s a 1st. If he gets us a SB it would also package our 2025 1st round pick as well.

Carr Draft Pick Offer:

If JD has set his sights on Carr & is crazy enough to pull off a deal with LV, Carr would cost us pick #74 this year and a #2 in 2024 if he gets us to the playoffs. If no playoffs, we give LV our 3rd round pick. 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

My guess is Pick #74 this year  & next year will be tied to games played & playoffs. If AR starts 80% of games GB gets our 2024 2nd round pick. If he gets us to the playoffs, it’s a 1st. If he gets us a SB it would also package our 2024 1st round pick as well.

Carr Draft Pick Offer:

If JD has set his sights on Carr & is crazy enough to pull off a deal with LV, Carr would cost us pick #74 this year and a #2 in 2024 if he gets us to the playoffs. If no playoffs, we give LV our 3rd round pick. 

Your draft pick compensation for Rodgers sounds a bit rich in escalators.. 

Starts about right... #74 plus but there is no way you get a #1 and #2 next year for a SB... Probably just a #1

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I honestly don’t think Carr is even in their discussion. As far as Rodgers goes, so much of the Draft compensation will be tied to how the work out the contract and what the Pack may or may not pick up. Honestly think the plan is 1) Rodgers 2) Jimmu G 3) Tannehill.

Jimmy G would make sense after AR, but I’d be surprised if JG contract is anything less than 3 years which basically washes out the “ZW redemption project”.

Carr = ZERO Draft compensation however!! That makes moving on to another young QB in the Draft less painful

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

My guess is Pick #74 this year  & next year will be tied to games played & playoffs. If AR starts 80% of games GB gets our 2024 2nd round pick. If he gets us to the playoffs, it’s a 1st. If he gets us a SB it would also package our 2025 1st round pick as well.

Carr Draft Pick Offer:

And then the financial aspect of it when he is not on the team.  As an article mentioned, that dead cap space on Rodgers when he is not on the team of 60 million comes around the time the Jets would plan on re signing Sauce, G. Wilson, and Breece Hall.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

And then the financial aspect of it when he is not on the team.  As an article mentioned, that dead cap space on Rodgers when he is not on the team of 60 million comes around the time the Jets would plan on re signing Sauce, G. Wilson, and Breece Hall.  

Agree that going all in on AR does have its dilemmas. But it appears as if the Jets are nonetheless moving in that direction. It all comes down to how much Woody wants to get to the playoffs and how much pain we’re willing to tolerate to accomplish that goal.

• Upvote 1

No Picks for any VET, get us a VET that is coming up on FA.... I get that those guys are not AR, but if I'm the GM I'm not giving away picks for a guy that can possibly only play for 2 more years if that's what he decides. If he decides the JETS, he's coming here for one reason and one reason only, and that's to collect more money from Woody. He'll be like any other star FA in the past 7 years that we've gotten that hasn't contributed to this team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

No Picks for any VET, get us a VET that is coming up on FA....

You want a Vet that coming up on FA or IS a FA

Carr is only a FA if LV cuts him…. otherwise you are limited to Jimmy G or a bunch of 3rd & 4th tier QBs.
None of those players will get you much farther than Mike White. 

Tannehill has 1 year remaining on his contract 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Carr Draft Pick Offer:

i dont rogers compensation is in any way tied to performance, his or the team. he is way too good for them to even go down that road.

he will have compensation tied to either his money or his willingness to play next year and beyound.

i think the packers get 13 + a 2nd next year if Rodgers plays for the jets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I expect 2023 #1 + 2024 #1 + one other pick is what it would take. If they do it, I hope I’m wrong and it’s much cheaper.

You’d be ok with that deal?

Seems rich to me & would need to be tied to AR fulfilling the remaining 2 years of his deal.

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You want a Vet that coming up on FA or IS a FA

Carr is only a FA if LV cuts him…. otherwise you are limited to Jimmy G or a bunch of 3rd & 4th tier QBs.
None of those players will get you much farther than Mike White. 

Tannehill has 1 year remaining on his contract 

IS, thanks... it's early lol...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Carr Draft Pick Offer:

I think this is close for Rodgers. I would go a little lower on the 2024 pick to a 3rd that escalates to a 2nd w/playoffs and a 1st w/superbowl. No 20225 picks, just 2. Might throw in Corey Davis too - they were supposedly sniffing around him to trade last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I honestly don’t think Carr is even in their discussion. As far as Rodgers goes, so much of the Draft compensation will be tied to how the work out the contract and what the Pack may or may not pick up. Honestly think the plan is 1) Rodgers 2) Jimmu G 3) Tannehill.

Please no, no, and sure. At least Jimmy G won't cost us draft capital, but the guy can't stay healthy. Putting him on a team with constant injuries seems to be giving the injury gods the middle finger. So tired of the Rodgers talk - this guy couldn't win in an easy division with a much more seasoned HC and a WR who always made the big plays; he also seemed to be so full of himself - not worth the draft capital and cap space IMO.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not sure there will be a third pick and I can see the second number one have a condition on it. But pretty much that. 

What other “Win Now” teams do you think we are competing against for AR? 

SF? No 1st or 2nd round pick

TB? They’re on GB schedule next season. Pick #19 in draft

25 1st shouldn't in any way be on the table. Even if dreamcase scenario Rodgers gets Jets to a SB no guarantees he plays or that we're good in 25. He's not a longterm answer and giving up those future assets isn't in the best interest of our team. Even for a sb run for 1 year. Conditional 24? Go for it! No 25.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You’d be ok with that deal?

Seems rich to me & would need to be tied to AR fulfilling the remaining 2 years of his deal.

Thread was about expected cost, I gave what I think the expected cost will be.  Period, end-stop.

I'm on the fence about trading for Rodgers at all, personally.  One the fence about many of our options, Carr?  Jimmy F'n G, lol?  Ugh.  If I had a clear cut preference, I'd be advocating for it, as of today, I don't have one....I don't know what the right path is right now. 

The only thing I'm sure about is "it can't be Zach Wilson".

I DO know I'd very much prefer not to send two #1's to Green Bay, especially this year where I'd quite like to get OT Peter Skoronski if humanly possible to fundamentally shore up our O-line, doubly so if Becton can play at all in any way.

But it isn't up to me, and JD isn't going to ask me if I'm ok with it, lol.

So I expect two #1's + another pick, but if it happens, I'd prefer a less costly deal for us.  And yes, if we pay that, dear lord it can't be a none-and-done with us or some huge disappointment.  It's a must work, or the whole lot get fired.

• Upvote 1

The deals in the OP seem a little light for Rodgers - I was going to say convoluted though maybe that makes sense given his retirement situation - and a little rich for Carr.

To me the Rodgers deal feels like it’ll be a 2023 first and a 2024 conditional pick. Would love it to be less. I get the idea of maybe giving a 2025 pick so it ties whether he plays a second year to it, so maybe that spreads the compensation.

The thing is, I’m not sure Green Bay trades him without knowing they’re getting a first round pick out of the deal. Maybe the proposed deal but with a guaranteed first in 2024 and a conditional 2025 pick is a middle ground, I don’t know.

Carr I feel like is worth something between a. third or fourth round pick. I think he’s getting cut.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I expect 2023 #1 + 2024 #1 + one other pick is what it would take. If they do it, I hope I’m wrong and it’s much cheaper.

I think it ends up being much less than this.  I don’t think it costs this year’s #1.  And I think we only give up the 2024 #1 if we meet some hefty escalators (Jets making playoffs or Super Bowl with AR playing a bulk of the snaps).

My best guess is a 2023 2nd round pick plus a 2024 3rd round pick.  This 2024 3rd escalates to a 2024 2nd round pick if the Jets  make the playoffs (with AR playing a bulk of the snaps) or becomes a 2024 1st round pick if we make the Superbowl

• Upvote 2

I would rather see us give up this year's 1 than future 1s.  If we make a move for Rodgers, we have a two to three year window to try to find his replacement.  Which means we may need that ammunition to get a guy in the 24 or 25 draft.  I would rather save those picks, bit the bullet and give up a 1 this year and have our full allotment of picks next two years,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I am beginning to think so too.  I am not sure Carr wants to come here, and if the Raiders trade him, they are more likely to send him to the NFC, where the entire NFC South could use a QB.  I think he ends up with one of those teams. 

• Upvote 2

Another good topic @32EBoozer.

Reference points for Rodgers will be last year’s trades for R Wilson and D Watson ADJUSTED downward for age / possibly only a 2 year commitment.  Plus the fact that those trades are not looking good for the buyers.

Then you look at the ballon $60M dead cap hit after his 2 year farewell tour.  When you look at the (lack of) competition for him (numerous reasons), it might be a buyers market.  I’d expect 1 or 2 other teams to sniff around but the Jets to have the strongest interest.

My guess is a first this year and a 3rd next year that could escalate to a 2nd.

I believe Carr will have a bigger market and it will take anywhere from this year’s 2nd or 3rd round pick.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would rather see us give up this year's 1 than future 1s.  If we make a move for Rodgers, we have a two to three year window to try to find his replacement.  Which means we may need that ammunition to get a guy in the 24 or 25 draft.  I would rather save those picks, bit the bullet and give up a 1 this year and have our full allotment of picks next two years,

My only issue with this is that next year’s #1 SHOULD be in the mid-to-late 20’s if everything goes according to plan. Pick #13 can get us a quality offensive starter to help AR get us into contention. That’s why I escalated compensation into the last year of his deal.

If ever we needed JD to have his absolute best poker game, it’s now! He can cement his legacy as our all-time best GM if he can win this negotiating battle. Anyone can give up too much. A worthwhile GM gets the best of the deal, as long as he’s willing to walk away from the deal.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Disagree with this.  We are picking 13th this year.  If we get Rodgers, that 20241st round pick should be much lower (hopefully in the 20s or even 30s) next year.  Agree we should not trade any 2025 draft capital

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

What other “Win Now” teams do you think we are competing against for AR? 

SF? No 1st or 2nd round pick

TB? They’re on GB schedule next season. Pick #19 in draft

Raiders, is likely the biggest threat. Followed by Sam Fran for location . Think Rodgers has said he would like to get beck to West coast.