My thoughts on Rodgers

Packers12

It’s true. He’s never been great there. He’s a regular season QB. 
However, I’m hoping that by coming to the Jets he can jumpstart something. We are kind of desperate at this point and so any type of great QB will do.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

It’s true. He’s never been great there. He’s a regular season QB. 
However, I’m hoping that by coming to the Jets he can jumpstart something. We are kind of desperate at this point and so any type of great QB will do.

Haven't you read the 3-4 Brady Haters that say Rodgers is better than Brady???

I'd take Rodgers right now, 2 years he has left.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's not allowed to live his life?  He needs to conform to some standard of "boring" that you find acceptable?  Aren't you a writer, btw?  One would think you'd be encouraged by his actions.

Sure he can live his life. Am I not allowed to find certain people annoying? 

Rodgers engages in pretentious pseudo-intellectualism.

just eat some mushrooms and go watch Dune IMAX like everyone else

Like no one's thought about this stuff before him. He's like the guy who googles a topic and thinks he's smarter than scientists

let's be real he's probably going to be a Jet so we're going to find ways to love him. His act will probably wear thin by Week 8 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Like no one's thought about this stuff before him. He's like the guy who googles a topic and thinks he's smarter than scientists

let's be real he's probably going to be a Jet so we're going to find ways to love him. His act will probably wear thin by Week 8 

Pretty much everyone thinks they are smarter than they really are. Even you and me. Never stopped us from expressing an opinion. Imagine if no one was allowed to speak unless they say something that hasn't been thought of before. The silence would be deafening.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's like the guy who googles a topic and thinks he's smarter than scientists

Don't even get me started on this.  For the most part, he made WAY better decisions than most regarding the topic we're not allowed to discuss.  Any talk of pretentiousness falls purely on those who think "science never gets anything wrong".  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

At least he uses google!  Some people can’t even do that. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Don't even get me started on this.  For the most part, he made WAY better decisions than most regarding the topic we're not allowed to discuss.  Any talk of pretentiousness falls purely on those who think "science never gets anything wrong".  

You seem to have an uncanny ability to dance around the topic not to be discussed very well. 

you made your decision on what to do. So has everyone else.  Just move on. 

personally I feel like the only folks who haven’t moved on and keep harping on it are people in your viewpoint. 

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

You seem to have an uncanny ability to dance around the topic not to be discussed very well. 

you made your decision on what to do. So has everyone else.  Just move on. 

personally I feel like the only folks who haven’t moved on and keep harping on it are people in your viewpoint. 

I wasn't the one who wrote "He's like the guy who googles a topic and thinks he's smarter than scientists"

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Im not sure the Jets are 1 or 2 years from an overpaid near the end QB from getting to the SB?

A lot could go wrong. Depends on the compensation.   Draft and player comp and can salary cap be restored after 2 years without a huge dead cap hit?

Seems like a hail Mary by the organization with a much greater chance of failure than success.  I can see why the Packers want to move on.   They have made the same risk reward calculation.

First rounder would be bad.  I’d give up a second this year and a first next year if we win a playoff game this upcoming year. 

You guys have to look short term, not long term.  JD and Saleh know they have to win now or it's over for them.  2 years is all you need from him.  A shot to go far and hopefully enough time to help Zach.  Rodgers is only one season removed from being the MVP.  I doubt he is washed up.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1