My thoughts on Rodgers

Packers12

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Seems to me you think you know more than the scientists. 

you happy with your decision. Good.  That’s all that matters. 

I think the scientists talked like they knew more than they did, and they're backtracking now.  That's what upsets me.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

Aaron Rogers last 6 seasons as the Packers starting quarterback. 

Rodgers vs the Lions in week 18, which is essentially a playoff game for the 8-8 Packers. Win and you're in. Packers lose and finish in 3rd place in the NFC North. Lions 20 Packers 16

Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng Fmb FL
Aaron Rodgers GNB 17 27 205 1 1 2 17 45 83.1 3 10 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Packers finished the season 13-4, they're the No. 1 seed, and Rodgers wins the NFL MVP award in back-to-back seasons. Had a week off to prepare for the No. 6 seeded 49ers led by Jimmy Garoppolo in the divisional round. It was snowy and in Green Bay. Perfect setup for a Packers win. 49ers 13 Packers 10

Player Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate Att Yds TD Lng Tgt Rec Yds TD Lng Fmb FL
Aaron Rodgers GNB 20 29 225 0 0 5 29 75 91.9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Packers finished the season 13-3, they're the No. 1 seed, and Rodgers wins NFL MVP. Just got done beating the Rams in the divisional round. Here comes Tom Brady and the No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the right to go to the Super Bowl. Rodgers forces pass to Adams in critical 3rd down at the Bucs 8 yardline with about 2 minutes left in the game...with an opening to run the ball in for a touchdown. He missed his John Elway helicopter moment. Bucs 31 Packers 26

Aaron Rodgers GNB 33 48 346 3 1 5 32 50 101.6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Packers finished season 13-3 and are the No. 2 seed. They beat the Seahawks 28-23 the week before in the divisional round after having the Wild Card round off as a No. 2. seed. They had to travel to play the 49ers on the road in the NFC Championship game. 49ers 37 Packers 20

Passing Rushing Receiving Fumbles
Aaron Rodgers GNB 31 39 326 2 2 3 30 65 97.2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 1

Packers 6-9-1 and finished in 3rd place in the NFC North

Packers finished 7-9 and in 3rd place in the NFC North.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

You seem to have an uncanny ability to dance around the topic not to be discussed very well. 

you made your decision on what to do. So has everyone else.  Just move on. 

personally I feel like the only folks who haven’t moved on and keep harping on it are people in your viewpoint. 

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wasn't the one who wrote "He's like the guy who googles a topic and thinks he's smarter than scientists"

Guys, lets keep the discussion to football.  Thanks.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

he's washed as a QB, hugely overpaid, and annoying as a person 

it would be a perfect Jets pickup 

I don't mind AR's quirks and the economic class analysis at the  end of the post doesn't matter to me, But yes, it would be a fail and Jetsy in numerous ways.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Sure he can live his life. Am I not allowed to find certain people annoying? 

Rodgers engages in pretentious pseudo-intellectualism.

just eat some mushrooms and go watch Dune IMAX like everyone else

Like no one's thought about this stuff before him. He's like the guy who googles a topic and thinks he's smarter than scientists

let's be real he's probably going to be a Jet so we're going to find ways to love him. His act will probably wear thin by Week 8 

"He says stuff I don't agree with so he's a pretentious pseudo-intellectual".

Every day that passes Rodgers looks to be correct in his decision. It's okay to admit you were wrong, you're not the only one. 

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

"He says stuff I don't agree with so he's a pretentious pseudo-intellectual".

Every day that passes Rodgers looks to be correct in his decision. It's okay to admit you were wrong, you're not the only one. 

Keep your powder dry, soldier. If the deep fake Damar Hamlin cyborg didn’t convince these sheeple, nothing will

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, undertow said:

This fanbase thought Zach Wilson was Patrick Mahomes 2 months ago and think Derek Carr is Joe Montana....the people who want Rodgers at least want a QB who was once top 10 all time. 

I was responding to the upbeat tone of the post I quoted. I see Rodgers as probably the best “big get” option for the Jets right now. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

And if the Packers had the Jets roster, they'd still be playing next weekend!

The Jets interior OL would have gotten Rodgers killed.  He would never have finished the season playing for the Jets this year.  Have you seen what Rodgers actually looks like today?   Ken Stabler looked better at 50.  

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

You guys have to look short term, not long term.  JD and Saleh know they have to win now or it's over for them.  2 years is all you need from him.  A shot to go far and hopefully enough time to help Zach.  Rodgers is only one season removed from being the MVP.  I doubt he is washed up.

I doubt he's washed up until I see him being interviewed.  Guy looks good for someone in their early 60's.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I want Rodgers more than anyone but are we really debating whether or not he's a pompous pseudo-intellectual?  Of course he is..  That will serve him well in dealing with the NY media. 

This man lives in Rochester, which is a news- and potable water- desert. The idea that the “NY media” is hard to deal with is bunk. Rodgers can pop off his weird Joe Rogan sh*t and it will not matter a bit if he’s playing 10% better than Mike White or Joe Flacco. 

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

I want Rodgers more than anyone but are we really debating whether or not he's a pompous pseudo-intellectual?  Of course he is..  That will serve him well in dealing with the NY media. 

On the plus side he won't be triggered by his teammates wearing Mike White shirts in the locker room. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This man lives in Rochester, which is a news- and potable water- desert. The idea that the “NY media” is hard to deal with is bunk. Rodgers can pop off his weird Joe Rogan sh*t and it will not matter a bit if he’s playing 10% better than Mike White or Joe Flacco. 

It won't matter because he'll believe he is more knowledgeable and enlightened than the serfs who question him. 

Speaking of pseudo intellectuals, just because you're the smart one in the  group of troglodytes you hang out with at the bar in downtown Utica doesn't mean you're actually smart. 

5 hours ago, Packers12 said:

I’m hoping we get rid of him. It’s time to move on. He cannot win in the clutch.

My thoughts are that too often he puts himself in a position that he needs to play clutch ball to win in the 4th quarter, when many of those games would have long been over if he just played to his talent level in the first 3 quarters. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

It won't matter because he'll believe he is more knowledgeable and enlightened than the serfs who question him. 

Speaking of pseudo intellectuals, just because you're the smart one in the  group of troglodytes you hang out with at the bar in downtown Utica doesn't mean you're actually smart. 

This is absurd slander because no one actually lives in Utica.