Tanny on Jets getting Rodgers.

doitny

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You act like I'm comparing Carr to just Namath or Ken O'Brien. I'm comparing Carr to every single Jets starting QB since the beginning of this franchise up to last season with Zach Wilson, Mike F-ing White, and Joe Flacco. 

My bad you are correct he would be a upgrade...I just see a lot of other people doing that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SCRUNO said:

Where do you think Carr or Rodgers place the Jets on a list of available teams to sign with?

Top of the list. Top 2, top 3, top 5- whatever. The Jets are up there. Both these guys know the Jets want and NEED them, are willing to give up assets to trade for them and are willing to pay them. Both know this is a team with a big hole at QB but with otherwise a solid core, including a top 5 defense. 

I think both of these guys want to win and the Jets are in a perfect scenario where adding a QB will take them to the next level. 

Yes, there will be competition from other teams but I would imagine the Jets are pretty high on the list of potential landing spots. 

35 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we don’t end up spending big on Rodgers or Carr…hopefully we can sign Garoppolo and used the money saved to soldify that OL with Orlando Brown Jr. and Bradley Bozeman.

I dont understand people who want jimmy g. He's not even all that good and he is always hurt 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I dont understand people who want jimmy g. He's not even all that good and he is always hurt 

This isn’t an ideal choice, but if we don’t end up with Rodgers or Carr what is our other option?

• Lamar Jackson is staying in Baltimore

• Daniel Jones is staying with the Giants

• Zack Wilson ain’t ready and Mike White ain’t it and is also always hurt.

Garoppolo is always hurt but when healthy hes a quality starter.

This is what happens when you miss on your QB draft pick…

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This isn’t an ideal choice, but if we don’t end up with Rodgers or Carr what is our other option?

• Lamar Jackson is staying in Baltimore

• Daniel Jones is staying with the Giants

• Zack Wilson ain’t ready and Mike White ain’t it and is also always hurt.

Garoppolo is always hurt but when healthy hes a quality starter.

This is what happens when you miss on your QB draft pick…

tannehill, mayfield, darnold, brisset.....

all 4 of these should be available and all are a better option than jimmy g

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

tannehill, mayfield, darnold, brisset.....

all 4 of these should be available and all are a better option than jimmy g

All of them combined have less playoff wins than Garoppolo…

image.gif.efde142bf1588dbba7a161e397718593.gif

But to your point…I wouldn’t mind a Garoppolo and Brisset (as backup) pairing.

Mayfield is intriguing…

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

You act like I'm comparing Carr to just Namath or Ken O'Brien. I'm comparing Carr to every single Jets starting QB since the beginning of this franchise up to last season with Zach Wilson, Mike F-ing White, and Joe Flacco. 

When comparing to Jets QBs of yesteryear, Carr seems most like Testaverde, who, like Carr, was a failure for a long time with a bad team, Tampa.  But alas, Carr's agent has tossed out the info that the Saints want him.  

whether they get AR or not, Hackett is vomit-inducing 

this sounds like exactly like Adam Gase, who couldn’t quit his blind 100% usage of 11 personnel:

The Broncos allowed a league-high 63 sacks, including 52 in shotgun. Despite injuries on the offensive line, Hackett stubbornly used heavy doses of his three-receiver package even though they couldn't block it up. He was criticized for failing to adjust, and those issues were amplified after he was fired because Russell Wilson looked more comfortable in the final two games than he did with Hackett in charge.

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

whether they get AR or not, Hackett is vomit-inducing 

this sounds like exactly like Adam Gase, who couldn’t quit his blind 100% usage of 11 personnel:

The Broncos allowed a league-high 63 sacks, including 52 in shotgun. Despite injuries on the offensive line, Hackett stubbornly used heavy doses of his three-receiver package even though they couldn't block it up. He was criticized for failing to adjust, and those issues were amplified after he was fired because Russell Wilson looked more comfortable in the final two games than he did with Hackett in charge.

Gase, mlf, Hackett. Why are all these guys egomaniacs? Why is it impossible for them to accept their "system" may not be the best option for every single scenario?

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2023 at 1:10 PM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

After darnold and Wilson I think people are more than happy with someone like Carr. We haven’t had decent or average  qb play in like 20 years. Not many better options on the market. 

I doubt carr brings us to a Super Bowl but atleast the jets will be watchable and we are probably a playoff team with him.

Thing with Carr, he may not be better than Mike White (if given chance to play whole season ) but even if Carr is a very very minor upgrade over White, he will cost hell of a lot more. He’s one of those qbs who was good, far from great, just good enough barely to keep his spot as starter every yr. Even at his age, Rodgers is the MUCH better option. 

• More Ugh 1

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

All of them combined have less playoff wins than Garoppolo…

image.gif.efde142bf1588dbba7a161e397718593.gif

But to your point…I wouldn’t mind a Garoppolo and Brisset (as backup) pairing.

Mayfield is intriguing…

garoppolo is injury prone. he shouldn't even be on our radar because of how often he gets injured