“HipDrop” Tackle being Discussed

NYJCAP2

HipDrop” Tackle Being Discussed in League  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NFL make it illegal?

2. 2. Is it any different than the horse collar tackle?

Give me a break.  At some point during Goodell's tenure the effort to protect the integrity and purity of the game has drastically waned........We all know it's a business, but the owners and league big- wigs have become ever so blatant about their decision making and how it relates to raking in the dough.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can’t wait for Woody to tweet about it 

Serious question: If you were a billionaire megalomaniac (like woody), would you be ok with a 21 year old intern tweeting in your name? 

This is why I laugh when people say “you know that’s not woody, right” this scenario makes it even worse than the dumbass actually doing the tweet. Tells you a lot about where we are as an organization.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

How about this ...  Go back to the 1970s when the rule was ... Run faster than the guy trying to kill you and conversely ... bring the ball carrier to the ground be any means necessary.

There is a reason this sport is different than college football.

xeC9jZP6y9sBZJadVlI2ETIc0ElbCDHxudezS4AL

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BP said:

Serious question: If you were a billionaire megalomaniac (like woody), would you be ok with a 21 year old intern tweeting in your name? 

This is why I laugh when people say “you know that’s not woody, right” this scenario makes it even worse than the dumbass actually doing the tweet. Tells you a lot about where we are as an organization.

Could they do that  on the way to getting me some sammiches?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BP said:

And of course these rules will be strictly enforced against the Jets only. Like that phantom horse collar in Miami. 

Just another random rule that can be used to alter the result that the criminals desire to have fixed-and yes BP, it seems that Woody's teams are always getting screwed over by the zebras with this kind of stuff

3 hours ago, BP said:

Yeah I’m not sure what’s worse tbh lol

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Just another dumb rule being contemplated. I will say that there should be more attention to those pile driver type hits where the defender physically picks up the ball carrier and drives him into the turf.  

The more rules ... the more ways to control the outcome.

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The more rules ... the more ways to control the outcome.

True, I honestly don’t know exactly what makes a tackles a high drop tackle, seems just like grabbing a guy by the waist and dragging him down. It’s nuts to think they are taking that out of the game. Gonna end up defender going to be running to the all carrier and stop to think exactly what they can and can’t do. I understand the need to protect players but this seems to make no sense except to either ruin or make the games more controllable by the refs.