Pro Bowl Format….Thumbs up or Thumbs Down?

So what does everyone think of the change now that a good chunk of the experience has been viewed?

I will say that I have never cared about the pro bowl.  Even as a kid I didn’t really watch it.  I haven’t even attempted watching it in probably 15 years if not more.  I’ll also add that I watch the MLB All Star game and HR Derby, NBA skills stuff, and enjoy those to certain degrees.

I didn’t watch everything on Thursday and might tune in for some this afternoon, which I guess is a win for the NFL as I wouldn’t have given a seconds thought to watching the old game format.

What say you?  Overall I’m still indifferent at best, not interested at worst.

I've probably watched like 2-3 Pro Bowls in my entire life. This new format has piqued my interest more, especially the skills contest (not sure if that's always been a thing or not). They'll have to get more creative than dodgeball every year though. They basically already played flag football so this will be an upgrade in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Flag football?

Pro Bowl week is just a week off from football to me.  They can keep having it and changing it to their heart’s content but it never garners attention from me.  

Yeah I haven't watched any of these all star games in decades but there's absolutely nothing going on today....gotta find a TV show to binge.

• Upvote 1

I will say this, I am watching with my son right now and it’s the dodgeball games. He seems to like it, and the main thing I have seen is that the players seem to be taking this way more seriously than I would have anticipated and their competitive nature takes over way more in this setting than I ever saw in an actual pro bowl game.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say this, I am watching with my son right now and it’s the dodgeball games. He seems to like it, and the main thing I have seen is that the players seem to be taking this way more seriously than I would have anticipated and their competitive nature takes over way more in this setting than I ever saw in an actual pro bowl game.

My kids loved the dodgeball and the precision passing contest. They both play flag, so are actually excited about watching the game later today. It is funny seeing how competitive these guys get playing dodgeball - Sauce was totally into it, and lobbying the refs for calls.

• Upvote 1

I'm indifferent to it regardless.  Don't blame the players at all for not wanting to play another real game, and it was always unbelievably half-assed anyway.

Not sure if anyone really cares at all about the new stuff, but honestly this is one thing the NFL should just be willing to concede to the players on, and let them decide how they'd actually like to enjoy the Pro Bowl.  Of course I'm sure their only reason for not doing that is they keep trying to come up with ways to still make money during their "week off" which is the only real reason for it.  At bare minimum they're still pulling in more ad revenue.

I used to watch it religiously, but haven't since they moved it to before the Super Bowl.  Probably because we never have any skills players in it anymore.  Hard to get hyped for an exhibition when your only players are a center or corner.   

It was always one last chance to watch Toon, Walker, Shuler, McNeil, Key, or Curtis. 

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So what does everyone think of the change now that a good chunk of the experience has been viewed?

I will say that I have never cared about the pro bowl.  Even as a kid I didn’t really watch it.  I haven’t even attempted watching it in probably 15 years if not more.  I’ll also add that I watch the MLB All Star game and HR Derby, NBA skills stuff, and enjoy those to certain degrees.

I didn’t watch everything on Thursday and might tune in for some this afternoon, which I guess is a win for the NFL as I wouldn’t have given a seconds thought to watching the old game format.

What say you?  Overall I’m still indifferent at best, not interested at worst.

Haven’t watched one minute of any of the events 

Went to the last one in hawaii.

gotta tell you had a great time and while you simply do t care so much for the game,the players generally seemed to be having a great time in hawaii.

michael Bennett in full uniform doing the hula  with 20 dancers during a break had you about to wet your pants.

it’s a shame the nfl followed the money as usual and took the game out of there.

not a great watch on tv but if you live in cold weather and watch the scenes from hawaii - you could dream