Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, GreenMeenie said:

True. Sharing Shea Stadium with the Mets was no big deal. But it wasn’t a great football stadium. And MetLife Stadium will ALWAYS be associated with the Giants. As a Jets fan, I cannot wait until our lease is up and the Jets get their OWN Stadium. Again… one that is actually IN New York. It will happen. Believe it.

274C406C-4012-4C0D-A710-9DA44D60DD9A.jpeg

Lamar approves of his thread being hijacked by pure fantasy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

On one hand that makes sense. On the other hand, a Lamar Jackson led offense literally beat the Jets this past season with a total of 63 rushing yards and him throwing 3 TD’s and over 7 YPA. So not so sure about him never beating a defense like the Jets’ with him throwing the football.

This is a very good point and 100 % true but that was game 1 the first game this defense took the field with numerous new additions and rookies. There were miscommunications and this defense really didn't start playing dominant football until game 5 I would bet if we played the Ravens in game 5 or 6 we would have beat them easily. 

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

At 26 years old, Lamar is obviously preferable to Rodgers, unless anybody thinks the Jets are a lock to win it all next season with a 1-year rental of a 39 year old AR.

The history of QBs 40+ in the NFL is downright ugly.  Tom Brady is the rarest of exceptions.

Peyton, Eli, Rivers, Ben, HOF QBs all retired before age 40 and were clearly washed.

Did you ever ask yourself why the Ravens would let such an amazing talent leave in the first place ?

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This is a very good point and 100 % true but that was game 1 the first game this defense took the field with numerous new additions and rookies. There were miscommunications and this defense really didn't start playing dominant football until game 5 I would bet if we played the Ravens in game 5 or 6 we would have beat them easily. 

I kind of figured that was coming back. Totally reasonable, realistically we’ll never know, but I do think Jackson is underrated as a passer. He also is really better in the intermediate areas of the field, which happens to be where the Jets are probably the weakest defensively.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:35 PM, Smashmouth said:

Did you ever ask yourself why the Ravens would let such an amazing talent leave in the first place ?

I'm pretty sure they desperately want him to stay.

Lamar seemingly wants a fully guaranteed contract a la Deshaun Watson... which if you're a former league MVP in your prime and you don't have 22 women accusing you of assault, you probably feel like "Why can he get that but I can't?"

And if you're the Ravens, you're saying "the Browns made a terrible mistake, and we're not going to follow their footsteps".

If I had to guess, I'd say the Ravens eventually cave.

• Upvote 3

On 2/12/2023 at 4:35 PM, Smashmouth said:

You could do the same with Rodgers, Carr, Jimmy G… any of the options out there, Smash.

With Lamar it could be as simple as they don’t want to spend that much on a QB, or that they don’t think their roster is going to be good enough and want to retool the entire program.

Like with any other FA in any sport, it usually comes down to whether a team and player agree on whether the juice (price tag) is worth the squeeze. 

53 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Lamar seemingly wants a fully guaranteed contract a la Deshaun Watson... which if you're a former league MVP in your prime and you don't have 22 women accusing you of assault, you probably feel like "Why can he get that but I can't?"

And if you're the Ravens, you're saying "the Browns made a terrible mistake, and we're not going to follow their footsteps".

Agreed 

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Deshaun got his big contract before the accusations and Deshaun was also a much much better QB than Lamar Jackson

• WTF? 2

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

@peebag not really sure what you are confused about .... Watson signed a 4 year 160 mil extension with the Texans BEFORE the allegations against him. Then he was sent to the Browns where he signed a 230 mil deal. 

Either way he's ten times the QB Lamar Jackson is.

Not any more.

22 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Nobody wants LJ or DC until they sign with a team like Miami then we just start another fire JD thread, threaten him, stalk him and  make you tube videos of how bad he is because we missed out on said QB. 
image.gif.45af973697235fe72408d49786ff7369.gif

Funny because it’s true.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Deshaun got his big contract before the accusations and Deshaun was also a much much better QB than Lamar Jackson

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

@peebag not really sure what you are confused about .... Watson signed a 4 year 160 mil extension with the Texans BEFORE the allegations against him. Then he was sent to the Browns where he signed a 230 mil deal. 

Either way he's ten times the QB Lamar Jackson is.

He got the fully guaranteed contract after the allegations.

And ehh, agree to disagree on the players. Watson hasn't won an MVP and I think Lamar gets critically underrated by people. 

To me it's just the cost to acquire Lamar in picks and $ that doesn't really make sense for us; dude is probably gonna command 3 1st's at least and command a 250 mil+ contract.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

So wrong ... Don't know where to begin.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

There’s absolutely nothing “wrong” about it, you just don’t agree with his opinion. Big difference.

You’d have been better served to explain why you disagree than to say “don’t know where to begin.” That’s weak.

• Upvote 2

so question.  i read somewhere that the ravens are likely to place the "non-exclusive" franchise tag on Lamar.  i heard that a team signing Lamar then would be giving the Ravens 2 first round picks with obviously a massive contract to lamar. 

my question is - is that ALL the compensation that would go the other way?  only 2 firsts?  if that's the case, lamar is a no brainer.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, long time suffering Jets f said:

Jets need to make a big splash. Offer the Ravens pick 13, 2024 1st & 3rd rounder, 2025 1st rounder. 

For a QB that hasn’t finished the last two seasons and will be tying up $200m+?   No thanks.