Myles Garrett Gets Hurt At The Pro Bowl

16 minutes ago, BP said:

Do you remember edwards the patriots running back? His career ended from a flag football game at the pro bowl. I don’t even know why they play this game. Nobody watches it.

Yep, it was on the beach iirc. Hawaii maybe? And he was never the same again.

Probowl is a nice honor, and they should ditch the game. 

5% more of a pullback and Drew Brees might've had his career ended before the Saints showed any interest in him. 

Totally stupid game that no one cares about. 

• Upvote 2

I don't care what they do with this silly weekend, but there are plenty of people on this site that get excited to bowl with these guys, or cook with them.  They play pickup basketball and lift like animals all offseason.  People get hurt.  Big ******* deal.  It could be at the pro bowl or in their back yard.  Would anybody have been so upset if the offseason post they read was come celebrate the 4th of July at a BBQ with Jason Pierre Paul?  Yet look what happened.  Life is dangerous.  Let them live it.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Taken to the locker room in a toe truck.  

Met a guy at college and when my friends and I learned he was missing a toe, we would work toe into almost every sentence when speaking to him. Like, "Oh, we didn't toe you would be here toeday. We thought you were coming Toesday."  We thought it was hilarious. Him, not so much. But we were young, drunk and stupid.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Met a guy at college and when my friends and I learned he was missing a toe, we would work toe into almost every sentence when speaking to him. Like, "Oh, we didn't toe you would be here toeday. We thought you were coming Toesday."  We thought it was hilarious. Him, not so much. But we were young, drunk and stupid.  

Toetally! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't care what they do with this silly weekend, but there are plenty of people on this site that get excited to bowl with these guys, or cook with them.  They play pickup basketball and lift like animals all offseason.  People get hurt.  Big ******* deal.  It could be at the pro bowl or in their back yard.  Would anybody have been so upset if the offseason post they read was come celebrate the 4th of July at a BBQ with Jason Pierre Paul?  Yet look what happened.  Life is dangerous.  Let them live it.  

Agreed. They know what they're doing when they agree to play. Let them play. 

19 hours ago, BP said:

Do you remember edwards the patriots running back? His career ended from a flag football game at the pro bowl. I don’t even know why they play this game. Nobody watches it.

Yes 

A “beach football” game actually

Dude tried to cut on sand

Leave it to the NFL to find creative ways to debilitate dudes for the sake of entertainment $

20 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

But nobody gets hurt in the probowl.

not to bring the board back to last week but had Derek Carr gotten injured at the Pro Bowl his 40 M would have been covered by the Raiders 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/31/a-derek-carr-pro-bowl-games-injury-would-put-the-raiders-in-a-tough-spot/

So all that talk about "if he was my client, I'd tell him to miss it" would have been poor agenting. An agent would have wanted Carr to get hurt and get the rest of that contract 

one would expect Myles Garrett's contract to have similar language/ coverage by the league's insurance

The only good news for the Raiders is that, if Carr is indeed injured during the Pro Bowl (games), any financial losses arising from the vesting of the $40.4 million would be covered by an insurance policy the league purchases for the game, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

21 hours ago, BP said:

Exactly!  Why risk injuries to star players (in a league where there are already way too many injuries) for a game that nobody cares about or watches?!

There will eventually be a major injury in this game and suddenly they'll start asking why this game is even played.  But it seems like that's what it's going to take that to happen before common sense finally prevails.   If they want to play a game, let it be video football.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

not to bring the board back to last week but had Derek Carr gotten injured at the Pro Bowl his 40 M would have been covered by the Raiders 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/31/a-derek-carr-pro-bowl-games-injury-would-put-the-raiders-in-a-tough-spot/

So all that talk about "if he was my client, I'd tell him to miss it" would have been poor agenting. An agent would have wanted Carr to get hurt and get the rest of that contract 

one would expect Myles Garrett's contract to have similar language/ coverage by the league's insurance

The fix is in. Woody Johnson had it arranged because Carr once flew JetBlue. 

Do I even need to connect the dots? 

• Haha 2