Saints To Make A Move For Carr This Week

THE BARON

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

ryan tannehill is awful.  he got benched for a guy that, when they needed to win to get in, they started josh dobbs over. baker was also awful, losing the starting gig to darnold, aside from his few games in la, which were average at best.

Tannehill is fine.  Not good, not bad.  Just OK.  He is what he is, which is a stop-gap.  I'd rather bring in Tannehill than go back to Mike White.  Obviously the plan is to bring in someone better....everyone knows this.  People bring up Tannehill as a last resort, which is what he is.  

Basically no matter what, our QB position should be an improvement upon last year.  Whether it's a Rodgers/Carr level improvement or a Tanny level improvement remains to be seen.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, THE BARON said:

NFL Rumors: Raiders may receive an unexpected trade offer for Derek Carr (msn.com)

"According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the New Orleans Saints are interested in Derek Carr and are set to make a move for him this week. It is uncertain what are the Raiders asking for his quarterback, but the NFC South team seems to have what they are looking for in order to sign him.

The Saints have struggled a lot since Drew Brees left the team in 2020. Neither Jameis Winston nor Andy Dalton were able to lead the team and that's why they are trying to add another experienced, but more trustworthy, quarterback for the 2023 season."

On the plus side this would free up up Winston or Dalton for the Jets, amirite?

Carr and Rodgers have different situations. Rodgers' only leverage in deciding where he goes is to pretend to retire (which he won't do given his ego, the money, and his disdain for the packers FO). Carr on the other hand has a no trade clause. Why would he waive it to go to a rebuilding team with no real chances of competing in the next 3-5 years?

If I'm Carr, I'm making the Raiders cut me and allowing myself to make the best decision for my career and for my family. He'll get to hold all the cards and choose where he wants to go amongst at least a handful of good options. Very few QBs get to do this in their careers. 

2 hours ago, Green DNA said:

On the plus side this would free up up Winston or Dalton for the Jets, amirite?

If they draft a qb in round one, winston or dalton would be a plus..  they would need an economical vet to back the rookie up if he needed some time in pro school before he could get on the field.

however.  of all the qb's in the 2023 class, i belive mckee may be the most pro ready.

for him it will all come down to how long it takes to get acclimated to the speed of the pro game.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

what if the Raiders don't cut Carr - will he still play for them?

They would need to pay him $40 million in guaranteed money if they don’t do something by the February 15th deadline. Raiders won’t let that happen but if they did, I suppose he could stay there. 

19 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

A team can offer 2 1sts if they want. Who Cares lol. Carr still has to waive his NTC

Do we know what teams Carr has on his list? Sure it’s a no trade clause but assume he will be able to get a better contract in free agency.  If he’s traded doesn’t he still get the 30 million this year plus 42 or so next two?  He may like playing in New Orleans. 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:36 AM, SoFlaJets said:

Rodgers isn't the only one. I was asleep at the house in Lake Worth about 10 years ago and one of these beings came in through our bedroom window, walked in front of the bed between the TV and bed and walked right through the wall. Somehow as I was fast asleep I sat up and in a terrified voice said "IT'S IN HERE!" as my wife watched it walk through the wall, I never saw it, but my wife did and said that, that is what happened. It was a black shadow person about 4 feet tall with red eyes. It was strange I sensed it's presence. After she told me what happened I sort of remembered it happening. Weird scenes inside the gold mine 

I was doing this lady when her husband was asleep right next to us. He started waking up so I jumped up and ran out of the room. Somehow she was able to convince him in his half-awake stupor that it was a ghost. Close one.