Who should be the NY Jets QB?

AL047

Who should be the NY Jets QB?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the QB for the NY Jets?

• Derek Carr
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • OTHER: (Please name him)

Everyone has their own opinion on who the Jets should get to QB this team? Everyone here has their opinion on why? 

Its not a written gaurantee that these QBs will take the Jets to the Super Bowl!!!!!

Derek Carr was the Raiders QB and was a bit successful until Jon Gruden took over the team. Since then he has played up and down in his years with the team. Carr right now needs a change of scenery and the Jets could provide the change he needs. The team is there to be lead by a QB that wants to win. Right now he is a free agent and lets see what other team is interested in him besides the Jets.

Jimmy Garoppolo played for the 49ers and was the backup to Tom Brady in New England. It is obvious the 49ers are going a different route at QB and he is a free agent this March. Sure he played good but the only downside is the injury bug, it seems he misses a lot of games because of it. 

Aaron Rodgers played with the Packers and in 2022 he has signed a three year contract with an additional two year options should the team decide to pickup. The Packers are willing to trade for Rodgers but it will not be cheap at all!!! It will cost them draft picks and the willingness to pick up the rest of Rodgers contract which will be $31,623,570 for this coming season. Here comes the problem for the Jets, Rodgers has played 19 years in the league if the Jets do trade for him and Rodgers decides to retire the following year the Jets will look stupid for trading all those picks for him!!!! The other problem the Jets are facing is the Raiders are interested in him. Rodgers is from California and has family there and Las Vegas isn't far from them and he could decide to take their offer.

OTHER: It could be Mike White, Zack Wilson or someone that can take the reins of this offense!!!!

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Best options: Garrapolo/Tannehill

Worst options(everyone gets fired): Rodgers/Carr

Stay the course Joe!!!!!!!!

Yes keep that 10 year plan going JD….  <eye roll > got to strike now while our good players are on rookie contracts…

• Post of the Week 1

I don’t see Rodgers wanting to come here.  My gut feeling is he goes to Las Vegas.  As a result I’m voting for Jimmy G.  Injuries are an issue but he has won games and won playoff games.  I would gladly take a QB with a 40-17 record as a starter and 4-2 in the postseason.  

The Jets also would not have to trade draft picks for him and could build the OL with those picks.  

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I don’t see Rodgers wanting to come here.  My gut feeling is he goes to Las Vegas.  As a result I’m voting for Jimmy G.  Injuries are an issue but he has won games and won playoff games.  I would gladly take a QB with a 40-17 record as a starter and 4-2 in the postseason.  

The Jets also would not have to trade draft picks for him and could build the OL with those picks.  

Brilliant post.  You get it.  Stay the course!!!!!!  Keep adding more talent to the roster.  

Rogers/Carr means the end of Douglas/Saleh and a brand new 5 year rebuild begins.  Good grief...........

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brilliant post.  You get it.  Stay the course!!!!!!  Keep adding more talent to the roster.  

Rogers/Carr means the end of Douglas/Saleh and a brand new 5 year rebuild begins.  Good grief...........

You're wrong about Derek Carr. He's going to be as much a free agent as Garoppolo when the Raiders eventually release him.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Best options: Garrapolo/Tannehill

Worst options(everyone gets fired): Rodgers/Carr

Stay the course Joe!!!!!!!!

Lol of the two choices that are basically the same qb chooses the one that can’t stay on the field vs the one who never misses games due to injury while coming up with nicknames and derision for the second guy

Comical

Just now, JiFields said:

You think Baker is better than Tannehill?  Possibly.  Has more swag for sure.  Could be a good fit for NYC.

I was blown away by you putting Derek Carr beneath Jimmy Garoppolo, Ryan Tannehill, and Baker "Mayflower" as you like to call him. Newsflash: Aaron Rodgers is almost 40, and looks like Derek Carr now.