Jump to content

Interesting tidbits on Pff simulator


section314

Recommended Posts

Did a couple today. Stanford QB Tanner McKee was a mid to late 1st round pick in both.  They are not big fans of two of DJ's top 50, Keion White, Edge from Wake Forrest, #7 and Joe Tippman C Wisconsin, #27.  In one mock I traded back with KC....#13 for #30, #61 and 2024 2nd and took White at #30. I got B+ for the trade, and D- for the pick. I took Tippmann with my 2nd pick in rd two, #61 and got an F.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, section314 said:

Did a couple today. Stanford QB Tanner McKee was a mid to late 1st round pick in both.  They are not big fans of two of DJ's top 50, Keion White, Edge from Wake Forrest, #7 and Joe Tippman C Wisconsin, #27.  In one mock I traded back with KC....#13 for #30, #61 and 2024 2nd and took White at #30. I got B+ for the trade, and D- for the pick. I took Tippmann with my 2nd pick in rd two, #61 and got an F.

PFFs main draft bro (Mike Renner) loves him some Tanner McKee. I’m not sure if he’s the guy feeding the algorithm, but that might explain it. I know he’s been a fourth rounder on Pauline’s site. Tippman is (iirc) Jeremiah’s OC1, fwiw. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

PFFs main draft bro (Mike Renner) loves him some Tanner McKee. I’m not sure if he’s the guy feeding the algorithm, but that might explain it. I know he’s been a fourth rounder on Pauline’s site. Tippman is (iirc) Jeremiah’s OC1, fwiw. 

In a couple of more weeks the combine will be in the books and all these mocks and ratings will have major shakeups. Then the fun starts….the lead up to the JN mock.?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, section314 said:

In a couple of more weeks the combine will be in the books and all these mocks and ratings will have major shakeups. Then the fun starts….the lead up to the JN mock.?

And, like every year, there will be many surprises and most people will be way off

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, section314 said:

Did a couple today. Stanford QB Tanner McKee was a mid to late 1st round pick in both. 

I just ran one where I traded down from 13 to 19, picked up an extra second rounder and got him high in the 2nd round. He was too far down on the board in RD 1 even at 19, so I took the BAP, Jordan Addison. On my very next pick, lo and behold, Tanner was still available and I grabbed him. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

I just ran one where I traded down from 13 to 19, picked up an extra second rounder and got him high in the 2nd round. He was too far down on the board in RD 1 even at 19, so I took the BAP, Jordan Addison. On my very next pick, lo and behold, Tanner was still available and I grabbed him. 

Combine next week. Then the QB rankings will change a bunch. Or, maybe not.?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

General manager Monti Ossenfort was asked about it at the NFL combine last week.

“Our phone will also be open and I’m open to hearing any conversation about anybody that’s willing to come up,” Ossenfort said. “I think with that No. 3 pick, it’s an opportunity to add a player, it’s an opportunity to potentially get some calls on that pick and ultimately, we’ll make the best decision for us at the time.”

He did indicate that trade phone calls don’t typically begin until later in the draft process.

Ossenfort’s background with the New England Patriots, who regularly trade back in the draft to acquire more picks, makes many believe that a trade is likely. However, nothing about what he said indicates any preference.

He is saying he will take phone calls, which is what any general manager should do about any player or pick.

The Patriots never had a pick in the top five, so this will be a rare opportunity to make a blue-chip selection.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-open-trade-talks-no-123149119.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...