Rodgers to make decision after "isolation retreat" he will take in a "couple of weeks"

24 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

A couple of weeks while Carr and our other options start going off the board? If JD waits on Rodgers and ends up in Vegas, there will be a fan revolt.

There will be a fan revolt if it turns out Rodgers wanted to come to the Jets but they moved on to Carr, Jimmy G. etc..

• Post of the Week 1

Zero surprise at all.  Rodgers will milk it for all he is worth.  Zero chance he is retiring, zero.  He just loves to play his angst to the crowd.  After all is said and done in this issue he will valiantly come out and tell the world that he had to go where he was asked to go or stay and had no say in it.

And if he does end up with the jets expect all of next years off season to be this as well.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Zero surprise at all.  Rodgers will milk it for all he is worth.  Zero chance he is retiring, zero.  He just loves to play his angst to the crowd.  After all is said and done in this issue he will valiantly come out and tell the world that he had to go where he was asked to go or stay and had no say in it.

And if he does end up with the jets expect all of next years off season to be this as well.

The only “drama” here is from Jet fans wanting this to get done yesterday. As far as Rodgers is concerned, life is good. He’s getting paid no matter what, and he’s not stressing anything.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Man, I've done a 360 on Rodgers.  I once loved him, huge man crush, then I hated him and detested his arrogance, now I love how ******* out there he is. 

I agree, and I’m getting a kick out of how 90% of this board is so triggered by everything he says or does right now.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

LMAO at you guys thinking he gives two sh*ts about some arbitrary timeline Jets fans have to get him here.

Aaron Rodgers was never a good match from the start. He would drive you guys insane with his antics.

Just sign Mayfield or Minshew and let’s get this train rolling.

Agree - although I still want Carr .

• Thumb Down 1

A Rod is doing nothing but attention whoring and after that Connor Rodger report that:

"GB will roll it back with Rodgers just as fast as they will trade him, in fact some in the org are operating as if Rodgers will be back next season and is just keeping his name in the healdlines"

Rodgers is returning to Greenbay and with that said i wouldn't mind taking a shot at jordan love, I can see carr in the NFC south for some reason and Jimmy G is made of glass.

Damn JD you really F'd us taking zach freaking wilson smfh 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Idea Think GIF by WAVE Podcast Network

Minshew - trade for a 5th round pick - 2 year, $1 million per year

Mayfield - signed as FA, 2 year, $6 million per year.

Heinicke - signed as FA, 2 year, $2 million per year.

Sign um' all.  $9M a year for one QB would be cheap as chips, and we get three, all better than anyone we have now or have had in years.

Then cut Wilson.  F'um.  Eat his cap hit JD.  Eat it.  EAT IT!!!!

There, QB problem short-term solved in depth, any of those three would be the very best QB on the Jets in 20+ years.  Open competition in camp, best guy wins.

Fix it with a draft pick in 2024 maybe. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Minshew - trade for a 5th round pick - 2 year, $1 million per year

Mayfield - signed as FA, 2 year, $6 million per year.

Heinicke - signed as FA, 2 year, $2 million per year.

Sign um' all.  $9M a year for one QB would be cheap as chips, and we get three, all better than anyone we have now or have had in years.

Then cut Wilson.  F'um.  Eat his cap hit JD.  Eat it.  EAT IT!!!!

There, QB problem short-term solved in depth, any of those three would be the very best QB on the Jets in 20+ years.  Open competition in camp, best guy wins.

Fix it with a draft pick in 2024 maybe. 

I think you’re underestimating their salaries by a ton, but I get what you’re saying and I couldn’t agree more.

In fact, if we could get any two of those three, I don’t think we even need to worry about drafting a guy in 2024.

• Upvote 1