Rodgers to make decision after "isolation retreat" he will take in a "couple of weeks"

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Minshew - trade for a 5th round pick - 2 year, $1 million per year

Mayfield - signed as FA, 2 year, $6 million per year.

Heinicke - signed as FA, 2 year, $2 million per year.

Sign um' all.  $9M a year for one QB would be cheap as chips, and we get three, all better than anyone we have now or have had in years.

Then cut Wilson.  F'um.  Eat his cap hit JD.  Eat it.  EAT IT!!!!

There, QB problem short-term solved in depth, any of those three would be the very best QB on the Jets in 20+ years.  Open competition in camp, best guy wins.

Fix it with a draft pick in 2024 maybe. 

If JD had 4 more years on his contract he might have done something like this.

The Jets have all of their eggs in the Rodgers or Jimmy G baskets. I think it's 50/50 that they miss out on both, especially if Rodgers retires.

What a colossal disaster if that happens. Then well start hearing about how much faith they have in Zach. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Apparently, the "isolation retreat" involves being put inside a room in complete darkness for four straight days.

Rodgers can't believe that he's actually considering going to the Jets so he needs some soul searching and some quiet time to see if his head is really screwed on correctly by even thinking J E T S! He's also asking god to remove the QB curse on the Jets if he goes there. . I can't think of any other reason he would go isolation for 4 days. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I read about a similar thing where you can pay to have a guide bring you out to a spot deep in the woods in Oregon and leave you to meditate for the day with no phones, no tech, no distractions: just you and the trees. Most people end up scream-crying because you inevitably start unearthing your repressed memories

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Everyone I know from Oregon is already crazy.

And Washington too for that matter.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c7a5195cc77256889360880c112d9b6c.jpeg

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JiFields said:

Man, I've done a 360 on Rodgers.  I once loved him, huge man crush, then I hated him and detested his arrogance, now I love how ******* out there he is. 

Interesting I hated him when everyone was ball washing him and making excuses for him but now I'm a big fan. lol

Rodgers is the guy who always thinks he's the smartest person in the room and then does or says weird sh*t just to try to prove it.

Yesterday on twitter he responded to someone saying "Be Curious, Not Judgmental".

Like, yeah bro, I saw that episode of Ted Lasso, too.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Thinking for days and detoxing?  I can't image after all that witchcraft and brujeria, that the NY Jets would be the answer.   To play for us you have to make a swift decision like pulling a band aide quickly before you realize what you just did.  

Wouldn’t be surprised if many of our favorite QBs and other players in the league, do some of the same things Rodgers does, and doesn’t talk about it. If the fact he speaks about these things is an issue, then whatever. Far worse things he could be doing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Rodgers is the guy who always thinks he's the smartest person in the room and then does or says weird sh*t just to try to prove it.

Yesterday on twitter he responded to someone saying "Be Curious, Not Judgmental".

Like, yeah bro, I saw that episode of Ted Lasso, too.

I'll take that if it means we in the playoffs. 

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Not too much new, but the juicy bits from Pellissero:

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-waiting-on-aaron-rodgers-decision-on-future-open-to-trade-if-qb-wants-on?campaign=Twitter_atn

1. Rodgers’s darkness retreat starts Monday, so it’s possible we’ll have an answer next weekend.

2. Packers “want” Aaron back, but it sounds like Gutenkunst and LaFleur are finally going to stand up to him regarding who calls the shots. Trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube on this one. 

3. Packers aren’t going to trade him under the terms of the existing deal, and it sounds like the acquiring team is going to have to take on more of the cap burden if they want Rodgers. Article mentions two teams gunning for him: Jets and Raiders

Excerpt:

“On the other hand, if Rodgers decides he wants to stay in Green Bay and is fully bought in -- "I'm either all-in or all-out," Rodgers told McAfee last month about playing in 2023 -- the Packers would want him back. The sides had productive conversations in the days after finishing a disappointing 8-9 season. More conversations figure to be needed, though, to make sure everyone is on the same page about the direction of the franchise and the roster“