Carr visiting the Saints

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

If the Saints sign Carr, does Jameis Winston shake loose because if they're going to left w/out a chair in this musical QB battle, which it looks like they will, Winston is the type of player I'd love to take a chance on.  Former 1st overall, once threw for 5k and 30 TD's, looked like Payton worked the turnovers out of him and he was on a bit of a comeback until the injuries hit.  

If Hackett could get Blake Bortles to have a career year, I'd love to see him boogie w/ Winston.

If we miss out on rodgers and carr and Jimmy G... I guess, why not at that point. He also threw 30 picks that year he threw those 30 tds. But maybe he has matured.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

he's guaranteed for 20 miilion in each of two years but he will get 42 million for each if he's on the team.  i just don't see carr demanding that much as a free agent given how little playoff success he's had plus seeing guys like purdy come in and play qb to a high level.  i think knocking back the qb pay scale is a good thing.  sure you can say the qb touches the ball first and on every play but one matador block by a low paid olineman can ruin his career.

No, I'm not saying he gets $40m per year, im talking about Carr's contracted guaranteed money:

2023 - $32.9m

2024 - $7.5m

I can't see Carr willing to play year 2 for only $7.5m guaranteed nor do I see a team willing to pay him the $42m total. If Carr allows himself to hit FA I think he'd get a fully guaranteed deal with more guaranteed money than the $40m TOTAL on his current contract.

40 minutes ago, JiFields said:

If the Saints sign Carr, does Jameis Winston shake loose because if they're going to left w/out a chair in this musical QB battle, which it looks like they will, Winston is the type of player I'd love to take a chance on.  Former 1st overall, once threw for 5k and 30 TD's, looked like Payton worked the turnovers out of him and he was on a bit of a comeback until the injuries hit.  

If Hackett could get Blake Bortles to have a career year, I'd love to see him boogie w/ Winston.

I don’t think JM has the accuracy needed in this type of offense. Tannehill & JG are far more accomplished. Here is the argument for the 2021 season when JG & Tammy played 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-best-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-accuracy-target-depths

Short Passes (1-9 yards; min. 72 attempts)

ACCURACY %

1. TUA TAGOVAILOA, MIAMI DOLPHINS | Accuracy Percentage: 71.3%

On short passes, the Alabama product went 129-for-169 for 1,025 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions. His 78.0 short passing grade ranked eighth of the 37 quarterbacks who attempted at least 72 short passes in 2021.

2. RYAN TANNEHILL, TENNESSEE TITANS | Accuracy Percentage: 71.0%

The Titans' starting signal-caller completed 193 of his 231 short attempts. Through the 2021 regular season, he passed for 1,658 yards and 13 touchdowns en route to a league-leading 88.0 short passing grade.

3. JOE BURROW, CINCINNATI BENGALS | Accuracy Percentage: 69.3%

On his way to an AFC championship victory, Burrow completed 186 of his 240 short pass attempts in 2021 for 1,858 yards and 12 touchdowns.

4. JUSTIN HERBERT, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS | Accuracy Percentage: 68.4%

Herbert recorded the most short pass attempts (315) of any quarterback on the list. That resulted in 240 completions for 2,131 yards and 16 touchdowns. He was one of only six quarterbacks who recorded zero turnover-worthy plays on short pass attempts.

5. TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS | Accuracy Percentage: 67.7%

The “G.O.A.T.” was a touchdown machine in the short game — the Bucs’ quarterback recorded 24 short passing touchdowns, the most of any quarterback last season at that depth.

ACCURACY-PLUS %

1. KIRK COUSINS, MINNESOTA VIKINGS | Accuracy-Plus Percentage: 20.8%

The Vikings’ quarterback completed 166 of his 218 short passing attempts for 1,292 yards, 11 touchdowns and a 101.3 passer rating.

2. JIMMY GAROPPOLO, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS | Accuracy-Plus Percentage: 20.5%

Jimmy G completed 76.4% of his 199 attempts for 1,424 yards, six touchdowns and just two interceptions. His average of 7.2 yards per short passing attempt tied for third among the 37 eligible quarterbacks.

3. JARED GOFF, DETROIT LIONS | Accuracy-Plus Percentage: 20.2%

The former Rams quarterback threw just one interception on short attempts. That was his only turnover-worthy play, which contributed to a lowly turnover-worthy play rate of 0.4% — the best non-zero mark. Goff went 183-for-233 for 1,487 yards and six touchdowns on such throws.

4. TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS | Accuracy-Plus Percentage: 19.6%

The vet beat other quarterbacks in most metrics by a country mile. His 86.0 short passing grade ranked second, and he went 222-of-279 for 1,857 yards and a top-rated 121.6 passer rating at that depth in 2021.

5. RYAN TANNEHILL, TENNESSEE TITANS | Accuracy-Plus Percentage: 19.3%

Also appearing in the accuracy percentage short-range category in second place, Tannehill tied for third in yards per attempt (7.2) on short throws. He also recorded an 83.5% completion rate, which was the best of the 37 quarterbacks with at least 72 short passing attempts.

ACCURACY-PLUS % DEFINED

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-an-introduction-to-pff-qb-charting

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

This would be the Jetsiest sh*t I could imagine 

Jets fans spend the whole offseason fantasizing about Aaron Rodgers only to end up with a more flamboyant Sam Darnold who winds up on his 4th team in the last calendar year…

I have more important sh*t to do with my Sundays. Like beat my meat and count the condensation drops on the back window.

Do you do both at the same time? That's an odd fetish. 

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don’t think JM has the accuracy needed in this type of offense. Tannehill & JG are far more accomplished. Here is the argument for the 2021 season when JG & Tammy played 

True, pretty good point, JW struggles w/ short area passing, much more of an intermediate to down field passer but Bortles wasnt exactly accurate either...Hackett got the best from him...so maybe it can be done.

Jimmy G. and Tannehill are probably much more likely to be signed but I love the upside of a still young, chip on his shoulder, former #1 overall pick. 

• Upvote 2

The Saints 

11 hours ago, undertow said:

Not sure why this is complicated for people.....there's been no indication Carr wants to come to NY 

Has there been an indication he wants to go elsewhere?

The Saints are the only team showing interest to trade at this point.  It’s in his interests to visit and drum up some competition for his services, either via trade or via free agency to come (where teams might be laying in waiting).

What we don’t know is if he prefers to be traded under his current contract or sign a fresh deal with more guarantees (reworked contract or as an undrafted free agent).

The Saints are in no position to trade for Carr at this point…. Don’t know the specifics on official timing but they’d have to rework a lot of deals before squeezing Carr in.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Breece hall with his 400 yards and coming off an acl does not really factor in the big boy conversation. The garbage line is a factor. The jets don't have a Ryan ramcyzk. They don't even have a Ryan Jensen 

They have hall, they have one of the best rookie wrs, they have a good defense, they have a gm that at least tries to fix the oline and the team is on the rise.

New orleans is filled with older expensive players on the downswing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, heymangold said:

sure they can.  he's awful.  the cards did it with rosen after 1 year.

When they lost 10-3 to new England everyone said "well at least they know Zach isn't it" 

When they got embarrassed by Jacksonville scoring 6 points everyone said "well at there's no doubt about the whole Zach thing" 

Woody addresses the team one week after the season and is all "we can still develop Zach" and "sure we'll sign another QB but there's a thing called the salary cap" 

On a personal level I agree, Zach Era should be over. He's a locker room cancer at this point. If it was up to me the Era would have never started 

Read the tea leaves, Zach is going to make like 9 mil next year and he is going to get real reps at some point. They won't sign anyone super expensive so their chosen qb can have a path back to qb1

Think less Aaron Rodgers more mitch trubisky. Baker Mayfield is another excellent guess.