one winning season in a decade???wtf

god damn I didnt really realize how bad it was. Aside from the Rex years I cant really remember us ever decent. Can it really be that bad. Funny how your mind can rationalize and conviently forget how bad we really have been despite all the evidence. I really thought we turned it around this last season, but do think even with our QB questions this team will be a winner next season. How the hell can I even think that looking at these numbers...apparently hearm edwards was  good coach? funny i do not remember him that way.

YearRecordFinish (Regular / Post Season)Coach

2022 7-10-04th -- AFC East--Robert SalehRoster / Stats

2021 4-13-04th -- AFC East--Robert SalehRoster / Stats

2020 2-14-04th -- AFC East--Adam GaseRoster / Stats

2019 7-9-03rd -- AFC East--Adam GaseRoster / Stats

2018 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2017 5-11-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2016 5-11-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2015 10-6-02nd -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2014 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2013 8-8-02nd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2012 6-10-03rd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2011 8-8-02nd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2010 11-5-02nd -- AFC East2-1 - Lost Conference ChampionshipRex RyanRoster / Stats

2009 9-7-02nd -- AFC East2-1 - Lost Conference ChampionshipRex RyanRoster / Stats

2008 9-7-03rd -- AFC East--Eric ManginiRoster / Stats

2007 4-12-03rd -- AFC East--Eric ManginiRoster / Stats

200610-6-02nd -- AFC East0-1 - Lost Wild Card PlayoffsEric ManginiRoster / Stats

2005 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Herman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2004 10-6-02nd -- AFC East1-1 - Lost Divisional PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2003 6-10-0T3rd -- AFC East--Herman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2002 9-7-01st -- AFC East1-1 - Lost Divisional PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2001 10-6-03rd -- AFC East0-1 - Lost Wild Card PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

20009-7-03rd -- AFC East--Al GrohRoster / Stat

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The jets as a franchise have won the afc east 4 times. Total. Ever. Since 1960. 

colts have more division wins with 6 and haven’t even played in our division for over 20 years lol

Bills and dolphins have each won the division 13 times

Patriots have won 22 times

For those who were curious.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 5
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

god damn I didnt really realize how bad it was. Aside from the Rex years I cant really remember us ever decent. Can it really be that bad. Funny how your mind can rationalize and conviently forget how bad we really have been despite all the evidence. I really thought we turned it around this last season, but do think even with our QB questions this team will be a winner next season. How the hell can I even think that looking at these numbers...apparently hearm edwards was  good coach? funny i do not remember him that way.

YearRecordFinish (Regular / Post Season)Coach

2022 7-10-04th -- AFC East--Robert SalehRoster / Stats

2021 4-13-04th -- AFC East--Robert SalehRoster / Stats

2020 2-14-04th -- AFC East--Adam GaseRoster / Stats

2019 7-9-03rd -- AFC East--Adam GaseRoster / Stats

2018 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2017 5-11-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2016 5-11-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2015 10-6-02nd -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2014 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2013 8-8-02nd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2012 6-10-03rd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2011 8-8-02nd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2010 11-5-02nd -- AFC East2-1 - Lost Conference ChampionshipRex RyanRoster / Stats

2009 9-7-02nd -- AFC East2-1 - Lost Conference ChampionshipRex RyanRoster / Stats

2008 9-7-03rd -- AFC East--Eric ManginiRoster / Stats

2007 4-12-03rd -- AFC East--Eric ManginiRoster / Stats

200610-6-02nd -- AFC East0-1 - Lost Wild Card PlayoffsEric ManginiRoster / Stats

2005 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Herman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2004 10-6-02nd -- AFC East1-1 - Lost Divisional PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2003 6-10-0T3rd -- AFC East--Herman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2002 9-7-01st -- AFC East1-1 - Lost Divisional PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2001 10-6-03rd -- AFC East0-1 - Lost Wild Card PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

20009-7-03rd -- AFC East--Al GrohRoster / Stat

I haven’t rationalized anything. They’ve been dogsh*t since they walked off the field in Pittsburgh in January 2011. 

• Upvote 3

It's just crazy to see it on paper. Like I knew it, I have talked about how bad we have been but seeing it. Man oh man it's tough to be jets fan. I do think Joe is turning us around for the record. Maybe first time since parcels and the short lived go for it all tanny plan that we actually are building a good roster

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

But Tanny sure could catch a punt .. oh wait I think I remember him tumbling around on the ground trying to do that. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Tanny did what he should’ve done. Smelled a window and went all in. Didn’t result in a ring but that’s what you have to do in the modern NFL unless you have a top 3 QB and can compete year in and year out. This is not to say all Tanny’s move were right — the Sanchez extension was unpardonable — but I can’t hate him for pushing in his chips.

• Upvote 2

Tanny did what he should’ve done. Smelled a window and went all in. Didn’t result in a ring but that’s what you have to do in the modern NFL unless you have a top 3 QB and can compete year in and year out. This is not to say all Tanny’s move were right — the Sanchez extension was unpardonable — but I can’t hate him for pushing in his chips.
JD is doing it right ... Tanny was a pencil pusher. Brought the star power at the expense of future stability.

Unfortunately we find ourselves at a crossroads .. JDs hand will be pressed to the stove to get Rodgers... And we will all get excited .. myself included ... then the team will be in a world of ass 2 years from now.

JD could stay the course and rely on the draft... But NY has never been a patient arena.

• Post of the Week 1

Damn I love you 
For too long cap space/rollover dollars and draft capital have been our surrogate for actual football success and I’m tired of it
Show me another perennially successful franchise (decade or longer) breaking bank on free agents.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Show me another perennially successful franchise (decade or longer) breaking bank on free agents.

Let’s start with one ring before worrying about a dynasty. We’ve had one season in a decade above .500. Whatever the **** the jets are doing has been thoroughly validated as a fail.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

JD is doing it right ... Tanny was a pencil pusher. Brought the star power at the expense of future stability.

Yeah I disagree completely on Tanny. He was aggressive often. Certainly can debate each move but he built a squad that had a decent offensive with a bottom 5 QB. 

Yeah I disagree completely on Tanny. He was aggressive often. Certainly can debate each move but he built a squad that had a decent offensive with a bottom 5 QB. 
I loved him for bringing us star power... Braylon Edwards was a memorable and exciting gift ... Tanny was capologist ... He was lucky to have Mangini to build a foundation that was squandered by the next regime.

He wasn't afraid to spend I'll give him that for sure... LT, Marshall, ... But then there were his disasters .. Vernon Gholston, Aaron Maybin etc ... ... He wasn't a douche .. he always genuinely seemed like a pretty good guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I loved him for bringing us star power... Braylon Edwards was a memorable and exciting gift ... Tanny was capologist ... He was lucky to have Mangini to build a foundation that was squandered by the next regime.

He wasn't afraid to spend I'll give him that for sure... And ... He wasn't a douche .. he always genuinely seemed like a pretty good guy.

Ah I gotcha you’re saying Mangini should get credit for much of that success over Tanny — now I see your POV