one winning season in a decade???wtf

11 hours ago, Hael said:

The irony here was that one winning season (2015), actually set us back about 6 years.  It was one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history!

Yet people here pine for that season, talk of it as the best season ever, want to relive it, and now want to recreate it by signing old QBs and old WRs for a one year SB run.  smh

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

god damn I didnt really realize how bad it was. Aside from the Rex years I cant really remember us ever decent. Can it really be that bad. Funny how your mind can rationalize and conviently forget how bad we really have been despite all the evidence. I really thought we turned it around this last season, but do think even with our QB questions this team will be a winner next season. How the hell can I even think that looking at these numbers...apparently hearm edwards was  good coach? funny i do not remember him that way.

YearRecordFinish (Regular / Post Season)Coach

2022 7-10-04th -- AFC East--Robert SalehRoster / Stats

2021 4-13-04th -- AFC East--Robert SalehRoster / Stats

2020 2-14-04th -- AFC East--Adam GaseRoster / Stats

2019 7-9-03rd -- AFC East--Adam GaseRoster / Stats

2018 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2017 5-11-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2016 5-11-04th -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2015 10-6-02nd -- AFC East--Todd BowlesRoster / Stats

2014 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2013 8-8-02nd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2012 6-10-03rd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2011 8-8-02nd -- AFC East--Rex RyanRoster / Stats

2010 11-5-02nd -- AFC East2-1 - Lost Conference ChampionshipRex RyanRoster / Stats

2009 9-7-02nd -- AFC East2-1 - Lost Conference ChampionshipRex RyanRoster / Stats

2008 9-7-03rd -- AFC East--Eric ManginiRoster / Stats

2007 4-12-03rd -- AFC East--Eric ManginiRoster / Stats

200610-6-02nd -- AFC East0-1 - Lost Wild Card PlayoffsEric ManginiRoster / Stats

2005 4-12-04th -- AFC East--Herman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2004 10-6-02nd -- AFC East1-1 - Lost Divisional PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2003 6-10-0T3rd -- AFC East--Herman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2002 9-7-01st -- AFC East1-1 - Lost Divisional PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

2001 10-6-03rd -- AFC East0-1 - Lost Wild Card PlayoffsHerman EdwardsRoster / Stats

20009-7-03rd -- AFC East--Al GrohRoster / Stat

Are you just realizing this?

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yet people here pine for that season, talk of it as the best season ever, want to relive it, and now want to recreate it by signing old QBs and old WRs for a one year SB run.  smh

link to a single post on this site where someone talks about 2015 as the best season ever. 

Some people like to watch the Jets win games. Others like to sleep well because they have cap space.

• Haha 1

Our win/loss and divisional champion records are abysmal by anyones standards. For me it has been like a never ending "Nightmare On Elm Street" movie for these past 50+ years . . . with a couple of winning seasons sprinkled in every once in a blue moon after our watershed Super Bowl III win.

I know its not a popular drafting or trade strategy around here, but looking back on this past 1/2 century of watching our Jets QB's run for their lives and/or get hurt every season, I can't help but think they all could have benefitted if we had built one of the best pass protecting offensive lines in football. 

I realize if we ever try to do this the other positions would suffer while we were creating a great line. But when I think back to what I think may have been our best offensive line back in the early 80's (with Chris Ward, Randy Rasmussen, Joe Fields, Dan Alexander, and our perennial all pro Marvin Powell) you at least gave your QB a chance to succeed because he didn't have to run for his life the whole game.

I guess if we don't want to draft or trade to try and improve our offensive line, we really need to get a QB that is both very mobile (so he can successfully run for his life) and also very sturdy (so he can take a beating and not get hurt).  Somebody like Josh Allen comes to mind . . . of course we passed on him for Sam Darnold . . . because we can't seem to ever draft good QB's.

• Sympathy 1