The ***** OFFICIAL ***** What Ever Happened To? Thread

>>>>Barton<<<< Wasn't the guy's name Mike, he was a younger dude, a musician who was pretty damn good too. I recall  a video he made out on his back porch singing and playing  Van Morrison's "Into The Mystic" I think he disappeared,  anyone else remember the guy? 

On 2/14/2023 at 10:47 AM, SoFlaJets said:

We used to have some really cool Jets girls here too, Brenda was the person who invited me here, Verde, CMart,  Lady Jet, Max's wife used to post here a lot, we still have DLJ, but not as many as there used to be Garb too

Garb chased them all away.

So I was just going through the pages on the AFCCG necro-thread somebody dug up this morning and came up with a few other names of the disappeared:

Bergen Jet hasn't posted since March 2020. GimmeShelter November 1st 2016. DMaynard May 15th 2019. JonEJet October 14th 2012. visajets September 11th 2011. stoicsentry September 26th 2021 and finally Iceman88 September 14th 2014

You have to wonder sometimes why some of these guys stopped posting on a Jets message board. These were some tough and trying years to stay interested, the time between the last playoff appearance now.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:47 AM, SoFlaJets said:

We used to have some really cool Jets girls here too, Brenda was the person who invited me here, Verde, CMart,  Lady Jet, Max's wife used to post here a lot, we still have DLJ, but not as many as there used to be Garb too

:blink: Well... i guess... time to go back in hiding.... OY! lol

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

So I was just going through the pages on the AFCCG necro-thread somebody dug up this morning and came up with a few other names of the disappeared:

Bergen Jet hasn't posted since March 2020. GimmeShelter November 1st 2016. DMaynard May 15th 2019. JonEJet October 14th 2012. visajets September 11th 2011. stoicsentry September 26th 2021 and finally Iceman88 September 14th 2014

You have to wonder sometimes why some of these guys stopped posting on a Jets message board. These were some tough and trying years to stay interested, the time between the last playoff appearance now.

Many good posters on that list. I think I banned JoneJet for a garbage post in the baseball forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, SoFlaJets said:

Dmaynard was great. He lived in pa and used to give camp reports from Hofstra. Hope he’s ok, I think he was retired when he was giving those camp reports 15 years ago.

stois and jonE are not missed lol

jesus gimmeshelter was good.

what about @drago and @GM and @JetCane lol you left them off the list

9 hours ago, BP said:

Dmaynard was great. He lived in pa and used to give camp reports from Hofstra. Hope he’s ok, I think he was retired when he was giving those camp reports 15 years ago.

stois and jonE are not missed lol

jesus gimmeshelter was good.

what about @drago and @GM and @JetCane lol you left them off the list

drago -yes and JetCane he was my buddy. What I did do is I messaged each one of these guys and told them that it's been long enough and it's now time to come back because we're on the precipice of a great year. I will now send out 3 more PM's this AM-OH yea, so far no one has returned or responded back to me. I will keep trying, If you think of any more let me know, Jimbo

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:33 PM, Maxman said:

I think he got his panties in a bunch and left of his own free accord. That is how I remember it.

I actually remember when it happened Max, I think It was in response to flogging the dead palomino about Chad and his noodle arm and it started to get a little heated until you finally you told him to "say your goodbyes, you're done here"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

I actually remember when it happened Max, I think It was in response to flogging the dead palomino about Chad and his noodle arm and it started to get a little heated until you finally you told him to "say your goodbyes, you're done here"

Yes. He came back after that we let him back in. Eventually we had to ban him to appease the masses lol.

Death Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yes. He came back after that we let him back in. Eventually we had to ban him to appease the masses lol.

Death Reaction GIF

Do you remember your state of the art one on one debate thread between @BwanaZulia and patsfantx that only those two had permission to post in? Followed by the official vote who won discussion thread? That was great! It was almost as good as the rep idea that everybody hated but now can’t live without. You should do a thread like that again with Tom Shane and whoever else lol

• Haha 1