Garrett Wilson, Offensive Rookie of the Year, Official.

pointman

19 minutes ago, pointman said:

He's doing a colon cleanse in private. He doesn't have wifi at the moment but I am sure Joe Douglas will let him know the second he gets out of his teepee in three days.

Rodgers is in a hut for 4 days and going to come out “enlightened-  this is an Ayahuasca trip.  Hope JD greased the shaman.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

It likely would have been Breece Hall's award if he was healthy, but glad it still ended up going to one of ours! Wilson deserved it with the season he had amidst the season with the QB play. 

What a problem to have. But if Hall had continued to run wild, coverage on Wilson would have been much softer. So his stats would have been even better!!

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Lazy

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I can post quite lengthy stuff when I need to. The big reason (there are little ones too) Douglas hasn’t been extended yet is pretty straightforward and doesn’t really need a whole lot of effort. Silly question gets a silly answer.

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I can post quite lengthy stuff when I need to. The big reason (there are little ones too) Douglas hasn’t been extended yet is pretty straightforward doesn’t really need a whole lot of effort. Silly question gets a silly answer.

Executing a draft like last year is the GM equivalent of winning the Super Bowl ... those guys get extended.

Edited by Dunnie

39 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Executing a draft like last year is the GM equivalent of winning the Super Bowl ... those guys get extended.

Given the GM assembles the team, I’d argue the GM equivalent of winning the Super Bowl is winning the Super Bowl.

Last year’s team was pretty much completely assembled by Douglas and went 7-10 because of some major mistakes he’s made in assembling that team. General managers who have maxed out at 7-10 records don’t get extended.

I’m not saying he should be fired, but calling a good draft a Super Bowl and saying he should be extended, given on field results of the teams he’s put together so far, is nothing short of absurd.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Given the GM assembles the team, I’d argue the GM equivalent of winning the Super Bowl is winning the Super Bowl.

Last year’s team was pretty much completely assembled by Douglas and went 7-10 because of some major mistakes he’s made in assembling that team. General managers who have maxed out at 7-10 records don’t get extended.

I’m not saying he should be fired, but calling a good draft a Super Bowl and saying he should be extended, given on field results of the teams he’s put together so far, is nothing short of absurd.

Limiting your GM performance evaluation to only include winning the Super Bowl is what is absurd. 

Edited by Dunnie

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Limiting your GM performance evaluation to only include winning the Super Bowl is what is absurd. 

Reading comprehension is an issue, I see. You said that draft is the GM equivalent of a Super Bowl. I said that a Super Bowl is the GM equivalent of a Super Bowl.

Obviously there are other factors. I mentioned a couple later in my post. On field record is the big one. Not having a winning record so far isn’t great. Prior draft history (it’s not good) would be another. Ability to acquire a quarterback - still a question mark.

That draft was great. Thus far it was the exception for Douglas, not the rule. Should make team assembly a lot easier for him. If he’s able to stack drafts like that, get some on field success - then by all means talk extension. Until then, they’ve got time to continue to evaluate him and they should use that time to continue to evaluate him.

• Upvote 1

Great e got it. Kind of surprised because there were some rookies with arguably better seasons but there is no question Wilson cemented his place as the number one receiver and was a player the other team had to scheme for.  Hopefully the jets will be able to get the other receivers involved this next season. 17 ppl just doesn’t cut it.

4 minutes ago, derp said:

Reading comprehension is an issue, I see. You said that draft is the GM equivalent of a Super Bowl. I said that a Super Bowl is the GM equivalent of a Super Bowl.

Obviously there are other factors. I mentioned a couple later in my post. On field record is the big one. Not having a winning record so far isn’t great. Prior draft history (it’s not good) would be another. Ability to acquire a quarterback - still a question mark.

That draft was great. Thus far it was the exception for Douglas, not the rule. Should make team assembly a lot easier for him. If he’s able to stack drafts like that, get some on field success - then by all means talk extension. Until then, they’ve got time to continue to evaluate him and they should use that time to continue to evaluate him.

What actions are most important for a GM to execute.   I would argue ...

• The Draft (3.5 stars)
  • Trade Executions (3.25 stars)
  • Salary Cap Management (4 stars)
  • HC Evaluations (undecided)
  • Record (improving slowly)

Edited by Dunnie