Since Carr's Off The Table Get Jimmy Garoppolo

SoFlaJets

He's a QB  who wins, doesn't throw games away with INTs and if we can get him some weapons and protection he can bring this team to a Super Bowl-he's done it before. Also, like Joe Willie before him he may be the best looking dude in the league-and that helps in the Big Apple

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaroJi00.htm

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 3

38 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

49ers - Matt Ryan

Saints - Derek Carr

Raiders - Aaron Rodgers

Packers - Jordan Love

Titans - Jimmy G

Colts - Ryan Tannehill

Bucs - Sam Darnold

Falcons - Lamar Jackson

Ravens - long shot, Kyler Murray

Rams - Mike White

Texans - Baker Mayfield

Commanders - Gardner Minshew

Jets.....fml

I stopped reading after Matt Ryan to the 49ers

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

He's a QB  who wins, doesn't throw games away with INTs and if we can get him some weapons and protection he can bring this team to a Super Bowl-he's done it before. Also, like Joe Willie before him he may be the best looking dude in the league-and that helps in the Big Apple

no. he is an injury prone jag a best. he would be a waste of money and time

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Jimmy G is probably better than any QB the Jets have had in a while, but his injury history would not like New York that much. I'd pass on him. Jets can do better. 

At this point I'm hoping Rodgers comes here but he'll likely go to the Raiders. Jets may be left with no other choice but to get Minshew/Jimmy G/Tannehill but if worst comes to worst hopefully the rest of the roster will be good enough that it won't be the end of the world.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

The 49ers thought so much of him that they aggressively traded up for his replacement. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, undertow said:

I stopped reading after Matt Ryan to the 49ers

Why's that?

Purdy won't be ready and Lance may suck. I feel like they don't want to throw away their SB window, they will need a cheap vet. Ryan is likely to get cut by the Colts, they'll save a ton of money but he's still guaranteed $12m. I'd imagine it's retire or try to help win a ring for his former coach that helped him get to a SB. If he chooses SB then he could take the vet min and still collect $12m. Allows the 49ers to try Lance but have a cheap fall back while they wait for Purdy.

IMO it makes perfect sense

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

You posted a link to pro football reference here. Did you happen to look at it? If so, did you maybe notice he's only played ONE full season his entire career? ONE.

Do you want to see Zach Wilson under center in 2023? Because if you plan on Jimmy G at QB that's exactly what you'll get.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, PS17 said:

We’re gonna wind up with Brissett aren’t we 

Bortles, Dalton, Tannehill,..really stepping ...in it.

Robert Wood Johnson IV once again showing a keen grasp of ...yeah, no. This was wher a real owner says, get me the guy, make it happen. Should  be YUGE headlines "JETS GET RODGERS or CARR" . That's not happening. Complete failure of competence and zero imagination. Her's the moment for little lord Johsnon to step up. Alas...

Be prepared for the other smack in the face of Mike White going someplace else and flourishing. 

This f___in' franchise....

• Upvote 1