Carr declines to be traded, basically says "f the saints". Wants free agency.

pointman

Does he really think as a FA coming off an unsuccessful year he’d make more money than his current contract. The Saints seem to be a good match for Carr but let’s face it their roster isn’t even as good as the Raiders. One thing about Carr he seems to be adaptable. He’s had good things to say about his head coaches, he said he loved Gruden then the interim after Grudin fired and now McDaniel. He’s not a hard guy (like Rodgers is) to deal with.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Does he really think as a FA coming off an unsuccessful year he’d make more money than his current contract.

yes i think so. 

now that he is a FA he could get some desperate teams into a bidding war. the Saints to my knowledge were the only team to ask to talk to him. that cant be the only team interested. i think the other teams were waiting for this very thing to happen. him being a FA.

and there is no more desperate team than us. if your his agent you want the Jets to be involved. and now we will be.

43 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Carr declines to be traded, basically says "f the saints". Wants free agency...

more like Carr & the Saints have a behind the scene deal & he will sign with them without his new team losing any draft picks or players.

Seems pretty obvious 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

When i was in college i worked for a Russian immigrant.HARD working SOB.  He has a sign on the wall that said… Welcome to the USA, where they make superstars out of .260 hitters. 

Well, Carr, an average QB, is now a star.  He will make enough to take care of unborn grandchildren.  Good for him.  

He has been a Pro bowl Qb several times.   Thats average?   If thats average , Id settle for average.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I think Carr met w/ the Saints and was like, yo, we need help if I'm coming here and trading for me, wont help this team.  I'll reject it and become a FA and come here anyway so you dont have to use picks to get me....oh, and I want more money.

He's going to the Saints...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

When i was in college i worked for a Russian immigrant.HARD working SOB.  He has a sign on the wall that said… Welcome to the USA, where they make superstars out of .260 hitters. 

Well, Carr, an average QB, is now a star.  He will make enough to take care of unborn grandchildren.  Good for him.  

When I was first promoted to Engineering Manager at GE I put up a sign in my office...

"You folks re always griping about not being paid what you are worth - be grateful!"

Yep, it took 2 days for the GM to ask me to remove it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

When I was first promoted to Engineering Manager at GE I put up a sign in my office...

"You folks re always griping about not being paid what you are worth - be grateful!"

Yep, it took 2 days for the GM to ask me to remove it.

because of the spelling error? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1