Once again, the Officials make a controversial call in a big game.

hawk

Just like I've been saying pretty much ever since Goodell has become commissioner-started with the Tuck Rule call and has just continued to get worse and worse. Sucks to lose a friggin' Super Bowl on a crooked call-even though I'm glad it happened to the Eagles and not the AFC representative. It would have unbearable listening to Bradley Cooper and the stupid song over and over again

• Upvote 1

To make that defensive holding call at that stage of the game is unbelievable.....You don't throw the flag there in the Super Bowl. You allow the Chiefs to go up 38-35 and kick the ball off to the Eagles with just under two minutes left and a time out. That's how you determine who's the Super Bowl champs. I'm absolutely disgusted with the NFL right now. What a crappy ending to an awesome game. Chiefs needed the finger on the scale once again for the 2nd game in a row. **FAKE CHAMPS

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

To make that PI call at that stage of the game is unbelievable. It arguably wasn't even PI....You don't throw the flag there in the Super Bowl. You allow the Chiefs to go up 38-35 and kick the ball off to the Eagles with just under two minutes left and a time out. That's how you determine who's the Super Bowl champs. I'm absolutely disgusted with the NFL right now. What a crappy ending to an awesome game. Chiefs needed the finger on the scale once again for the 2nd game in a row. **FAKE CHAMPS. 

I agree with everything until fake champs. I can’t go there. 

Great game and we were robbed of a great ending. Maybe even OT.

• Upvote 2

Horrendous call.

The refs let them play all game and had done a great job up until that point. Then they throw a flag on THAT play with such a small amount of inconsequential contact? Ridiculous.

Great game that was setting up to have an exhilarating finish. The refs ruined it by giving the Chiefs a chip shot, easy victory. Just a complete lack of situational awareness.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

11 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

I agree with everything until fake champs. I can’t go there. 

Great game and we were robbed of a great ending. Maybe even OT.

It seems like the Chiefs are getting that finger on the scale to help them get over the hump in their last two games. Just to name one from the Bengals game...the missed offensive holding which allowed them to advance the ball after the late hit and get the game winning field goal. Now they get a lame defensive holding call that pretty much hands them the Lombardi. The NFL Competition Committee seriously needs to review defensive holding when it's not even a catchable ball - Mahomes was under pressure and throwing that ball out of bounds. That was a lame finish to a Super Bowl. The Chiefs should give that ref a game ball. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

I think it was one that they should've swallowed the whistle on.  But I also have no idea how they didn't overturn that play where the Eagles WR bobbled the ball and then landed out of bounds.  Meanwhile they overturned the play where the Eagles RB caught the ball and fumbled and it was taken in for a TD by the Chiefs.  Maybe the right call but an absolutely ridiculous rule.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is my legitimate opinion on NFL officiating.   There are so many overly complicated rules (Roughing the passer, catch vs no catch, defenseless receivers) that even the own refs are often guessing at what they are calling/see.  Rather than use a common sense approach, they are trying to apply such nuanced rules to things that happen in a blink.  They need to simplify/pull back some of these player safety and offensive advantage rules they have put in over the last 15 years.

A nuanced game needs nuanced rules. Especially at the speeds being played in the NFL. Hard to have it any other way.

The bigger problem is the inconsistent enforcement (game to game, week to week, and even within the same game).

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Eh they were robbed of a call earlier with the fumble td called back. The guy caught it and made a “football move”. The Goedert sideline catch was also very close and that would have been a 4th and long. The eagles got multiple calls favoring them in this game 

No he didn’t, he never caught the ball and made a football move.  
Not even close 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

41 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

To make that PI call at that stage of the game is unbelievable. It arguably wasn't even PI....You don't throw the flag there in the Super Bowl. You allow the Chiefs to go up 38-35 and kick the ball off to the Eagles with just under two minutes left and a time out. That's how you determine who's the Super Bowl champs. I'm absolutely disgusted with the NFL right now. What a crappy ending to an awesome game. Chiefs needed the finger on the scale once again for the 2nd game in a row. **FAKE CHAMPS. 

Well, it was holding, not PI. 5 yards and automatic first down. Ticky-tack call, though imho. 

• Upvote 3