If No Rodgers, Or Carr, How About Justin Fields?...

Look how Trevor Lawence blossomed last year...

We already know Zach Wilson is not the answer...

Maybe Justin Fields is just a late bloomer...

He certainly understands that a QB needs to run forward (instead of in circles)...

There is a rumor that the Bears may be willing to move on from him...

Possibly a chance for JD to undo his biggest draft mistake...

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 3

No

I don’t care if you preferred Fields over Zach in that draft class, Fields still isn’t the QB I want to hitch my wagon to for the foreseeable future. The guy surprised me in his second year as a runner, no doubt. But he’s still woefully inefficient as a passer.

If we can’t land Rodgers or Carr, then you hold your nose and pivot to either Garoppolo or Tannehill as a 2 year bridge while going all out for a Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 2024.

No Minshew’s, no White’s, no Mayfield’s, no Brissett’s. That level of sh*t is just unacceptable this offseason and with how this team is currently constructed.

• Upvote 3

Tannehill or Dalton CANNOT be our QB next year.  It will be soooooo Jetsy though.  I'd rather set myself on fire than root for either of those bums.  If it comes down to signing a middle of the pack (at best) journeyman bum like either of them, I'd rather throw Zack to the wolves and give him one more year to develop. Don't get me wrong, I hate Zack Wilson, but I hate Tannehill and Dalton more.

Oh, and NO to Fields. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 2

On 2/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, Untouchable said:

No

I don’t care if you preferred Fields over Zach in that draft class, Fields still isn’t the QB I want to hitch my wagon to for the foreseeable future. The guy surprised me in his second year as a runner, no doubt. But he’s still woefully inefficient as a passer.

If we can’t land Rodgers or Carr, then you hold your nose and pivot to either Garoppolo or Tannehill as a 2 year bridge while going all out for a Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 2024.

No Minshew’s, no White’s, no Mayfield’s, no Brissett’s. That level of sh*t is just unacceptable this offseason and with how this team is currently constructed.

What’s your plan if Rodgers stays in GB,  Carr goes to New Orleans and Tannehill stays in Tennessee? Those 3 options are as likely to happen as the Jets acquiring one of them.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What’s your plan if Rodgers stays in GB,  Carr goes to New Orleans and Tannehill stays in Tennessee? Those 3 options are as likely to happen as the Jets acquiring one of them.

Then the season is over and no plan is saving Saleh and Douglas.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay… What’s the downside?

A mediocre veteran QB with zero true future here gets wins us 6-7 games and keeps us from drafting another potential franchise QB prospect.

I want to be good, or I want to suck like no one has ever sucked before to improve our draft position.  I have zero interest in mediocrity.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

8 hours ago, maury77 said:

Fields isn't getting traded and La Canfora is usually full of crap. 

I started to get excited all over again but then realized the biggest fraud of all sports reporters dropped this news.  Which now means, I'm highly convinced he's not being traded.

The reality is though, Ryan Poles has to at least pretend taking a QB is on the table.  That is his job in this situation.  He has to at least give off the impression that the idea is on the table to see what he could get for Fields.  It's a unique situation.  He took over the worst team in Football, stripped it down to make it even worse but yet, his QB actually rose above the situation and is now a budding superstar who just had a historic season.  These things, do not happen in the NFL.  So to met it's a no brainer but I could see how it's not so easy if you didnt draft Fields.  That said, Fields, would IMO easily be the highest rated QB in this draft but if he's able to get an additional 1st or more...you have to consider it as the team in the current state, no matter how much Fields progresses, is still the worst team in the NFL.  Does a few more picks and rookie QB who is a lesser talent make you a better Football team?  I dont think so but I have obvious bias but if I were Poles, I'd be relieved I'm not having to search for a QB and build a team around Fields.  He just had a historic season in the worst situation possible, imagine what he could do if the situation was actually a positive environment for the QB? 

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:48 AM, jetswinbaby! said:

Look how Trevor Lawence blossomed last year...

We already know Zach Wilson is not the answer...

Maybe Justin Fields is just a late bloomer...

He certainly understands that a QB needs to run forward (instead of in circles)...

There is a rumor that the Bears may be willing to move on from him...

Possibly a chance for JD to undo his biggest draft mistake...

He is an upgrade from Zach, I'll say that but there are probably  better options.