Derek Carr released

Rhg1084

Legit question. Why would Rodgers prefer Raiders over the Jets with the exception of playing in a dome. Jets have a better roster as I don’t think we are going to be snakebit on the o line like last year and Tomilinson returns to All Pro form

Raiders o line is worse than the Jets when all starters are healthy on both teams 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

So, do the Raiders think they can win the SB with AR?  I mean they're the odds on favorite to some of the odds makers.  I just don't understand why we should sign him other to win more games and not necessarily go deep in the playoffs.  He reminds me a lot of Carson Palmer.  

So your plan is to continue to lose games and not make the playoffs? 

Jets needs to strike while the iron is hot. They’ve had an influx of talent these past two years who eventually all will need to get paid. Get these guys a QB that can consistently put them in position to maximize their talents.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

So your plan is to continue to lose games and not make the playoffs? 

Jets needs to strike while the iron is hot. They’ve had an influx of talent these past two years who eventually all will need to get paid. Get these guys a QB that can consistently put them in position to maximize their talents.

Yeah, that's it.  I want the Jets to continue to lose games.  The plan I would hope for the Jets is to win a SB, not just win games and make early exits if they make the playoffs.  I don't think Carr is the answer.  If he was, (and again I'm repeating myself) why did the Raiders release him...especially since his blow buddy is at WR.

14 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Legit question. Why would Rodgers prefer Raiders over the Jets with the exception of playing in a dome. Jets have a better roster as I don’t think we are going to be snakebit on the o line like last year and Tomilinson returns to All Pro form

Raiders o line is worse than the Jets when all starters are healthy on both teams 

Closer to his home in California.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

https://www.tax-rates.org/compare/income-tax-nevada-vs-new_jersey

Pay 0% of $110MM vs 10.75% of $110MM

Not saying he'll choose to play there, and this is why, but it's not an illegitimate reason (on its own, if he's on the fence, or additive).

• Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Do we have any players or coaches that a train pun can be made?   Because the planes, trains and automobile jokes could be legendary

I don't know about a train pun, but all gas no brakes could go well with Carr

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We learn important nuggets each day.  Didn't know teams would be able to sign him before March 15th. 

For those who are knowledgeable, can we trade for Rodgers before June 1st but designate it as official post June 1st much like teams can do when cutting players?  

Timing is so important here and JD was smart contacting both the Raiders & GB.  Any good deal maker does not want to put all eggs in 1 basket or at least doesn't want that to be the perception.

I cannot imagine passing on Carr if we truly need to wait until June 1st to strike a deal in order to lower the 2023 cap hit for GB.  There would simply be too many unknowns as we round out our roster in March-July / too much risk in overpaying out of desperation.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1