Patrick Queen Likely To Be Traded

BurntDice

Patrick Queen has removed all Ravens related things on his IG. It seems like he expects to be traded. Ravens fans believe them trading for Roquan Smith was the end for Queen. He’s on the last year of his rookie deal, but still has his 5th year option available. 

We Know CJ has been underwhelming and Queen will be much cheaper and fits the system better. 

Get him Joe 

747A56E6-F2A0-4AAF-999D-5522FF38D70A.png

• WTF? 2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Hasn't really amounted to much in the NFL. I'm kinda surprised cause he was a Ravens pick and was really good at LSU.

I haven’t watched much of him, but apparently he really started to turn a corner this season. Coming out he was a beast with all the physical traits you could ask for, but a bit raw. 

Just now, jetswinbaby! said:

Who is Patrick Queen and why should I give a sh!t?...

1st round lb from the ravens a few years ago. Kind of underwhelmed his first two seasons, but this year stepped it up big time. 117 tackles, 2 ints 5 sacks. Pretty decent in coverage and rushing the passer 

• Upvote 1

Prefer to just draft athletic LB'ers on day 2 and 3. 

I feel like LB is one of those luxury positions - sure it's cool to have a good one, but I'd far rather spend my resources on d-line and corners - fill-in the safeties/LB'ers with dollar-store players. 

Especially on a team with massive question marks at offensive tackle and, ehhh, quarterback...

• Upvote 3

LB such a hard position to evaluate because every team uses them differently and each has a different level of responsibility. Sometimes guys thrive when their roles and responsibilities are more clearly defined (as has been the case with Quincy Williams & Kwon Alexander here)

Assuming we can’t re-sign both, I’d welcome this if the price were reasonable 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Far prefer to just draft athletic LB'ers on day 2 and 3. 

I feel like LB is one of those luxury positions - sure it's cool to have a good one, but I'd far rather have spend my resources on the d-line and corners, and fill-in the safeties/LB'ers with dollar-store players. 

Especially on a team with massive question marks at offensive tackle and, ehhh, quarterback...

I feel you, but if we’re able to upgrade the position while saving a ton of money by cutting cj that sounds like a win win. I’m thinking he’ll probably go for a 3rd or 4th which isn’t bad. He may also be a sam here to help his pass rushing ability, then we can slot in Sherwood at mike and who knows who at will 

• WTF? 1

CJ was one of the best players on the team last year... Yet he was underwhelming... Wtf were you watching... 

So many fan boys on this site have no idea how to evaluate players yet choose to speak like they are all knowing... 

That said CJ will need a backup that you can probably draft and hopefully they can get good friendly deals for Kwon and quincy. 

Queen if anything is the most underwhelming of the bunch if you ask me

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

CJ was one of the best players on the team last year... Yet he was underwhelming... Wtf were you watching... 

So many fan boys on this site have no idea how to evaluate players yet choose to speak like they are all knowing... 

That said CJ will need a backup that you can probably draft and hopefully they can get good friendly deals for Kwon and quincy. 

Queen if anything is the most underwhelming of the bunch if you ask me

The fact that you think he was one of the best players on the team is laughable. Did you watch his many catches he gave up? Teams were constantly able to throw screens against us. Then there’s the complete bonehead plays (one costing us the game). He’s a non factor in rushing the passer and is athletically challenged. He’s constantly dogging it while chasing guys. He’s a 3-4 old school mlb who just doesn’t fit this scheme. 

FWIW Queen has a higher pass rush and coverage grade on PFF while CJ has a better run d grade which is expected with a player of his type. Queen is also rated higher in general. 

Queen is the highest rated player out of all of our lbs (15 points higher than Quincy) I think I’ll trust them over your expert eye 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

47 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

You know CJ went to the Pro Bowl, right? And had 158 tackles, good for 9th best in the league.  

The pro bowl is a popularity contest. It doesn’t mean much. The All pro voting has a lot more merit which CJ didn’t get. High tackles is to be expected with a lb like him. Solid run stopper, but lacking in coverage and pass rush. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

The pro bowl is a popularity contest. It doesn’t mean much. The All pro voting has a lot more merit which CJ didn’t get. High tackles is to be expected with a lb like him. Solid run stopper, but lacking in coverage and pass rush. 

Mosley had 7PDs and an int.

He was far from underwhelming this past year.  It’s ok to like other players better, or to disagree with the amount of cap a player is taking, but to dismiss his actual production to spin a narrative that he’s not good, is a bit silly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Mosley had 7PDs and an int.

He was far from underwhelming this past year.  It’s ok to like other players better, or to disagree with the amount of cap a player is taking, but to dismiss his actual production to spin a narrative that he’s not good, is a bit silly. 

For a guy making as much as he is you should be expecting a very excellent player. Not a guy who is good at run stopping, average at best in coverage, and poor in pass rushing. You need a game changer with that salary. Queen has 6 pds and 2 ints with 5 sacks and will make 13 million less than Mosley. That’s my point, you can get better production at 1/4 the price with a much younger player who is starting to find his groove. He’ll be 24 going into the season vs 31 for Mosley. 

4 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Patrick Queen has removed all Ravens related things on his IG. It seems like he expects to be traded. Ravens fans believe them trading for Roquan Smith was the end for Queen. He’s on the last year of his rookie deal, but still has his 5th year option available. 

We Know CJ has been underwhelming and Queen will be much cheaper and fits the system better. 

Get him Joe 

747A56E6-F2A0-4AAF-999D-5522FF38D70A.png

I guess the rest of the NFL wasn't aware of that seeing he was named to the 2023 AP ALL PRO Team. ;) 

• Upvote 2