Can Aaron Rodgers handle NY's scrutiny?

Bronx

Juding by the QB play in NY in general, its safe to say that outside of namath, simms, eli, and another couple of guys, most guys have proven that they cannot handle it. Look at kurt warner. Great with the rams, bad with the giants, great again with the cardinals. Honestly, If I'm a free agent QB and i have a decent amount of options, why come here and deal with all the BS that comes with playing in NY when you can make better money else where and not be the main story every week in the media. The days of needing to play in a big market to get those big endorsement deals are gone. The QB position is already the hardest position to play in sports, why go to a market that will make it even harder on you?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I would argue that Rodgers is exactly the guy to handle NY media... He doesn't care what he says on camera. 

He is already a HOFer, he can just sit back and say FU to any critics. And he brings a calm demeanor 

I didn't say he could or couldn't handle it, I said why deal with all the BS that comes with playing in NY if you believe you have options that are just as good? 

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I would argue that Rodgers is exactly the guy to handle NY media... He doesn't care what he says on camera. 

He is already a HOFer, he can just sit back and say FU to any critics. And he brings a calm demeanor 

I think his ego would get slippery wet at the thought of trolling these "big city scary media thugs" day in and day out. 

He would create fake news headlines every day for his own personal enjoyment without our clown show of "reporters" having any idea of his intent.

I actually think it's a selling point for him. He's probably bored and doesn't want to abuse the milk maid reporters of Wisconsin who are probably all genuinely nice people and care about the Packers.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Juding by the QB play in NY in general, its safe to say that outside of namath, simms, eli, and another couple of guys, most guys have proven that they cannot handle it. Look at kurt warner. Great with the rams, bad with the giants, great again with the cardinals. Honestly, If I'm a free agent QB and i have a decent amount of options, why come here and deal with all the BS that comes with playing in NY when you can make better money else where and not be the main story every week in the media. The days of needing to play in a big market to get those big endorsement deals are gone. The QB position is already the hardest position to play in sports, why go to a market that will make it even harder on you?

Kurt Warner had a thumb injury which is why the Rams dumped him and he sucked with the Giants.  It had zero to do with the media.

Tiki is totally right

Rodgers has been in a nice little cushion in Green Bay for 16 years. He can blow games he shouldn't or flame out of the playoffs as usual and give them the "relaxxxx bro" answer. 

That wont happen in NY. 

I think it would be a disasterous move and he's the last type of attitude I want to bring into this young team

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When’s the last time a Jets player was asked a hard question? Revis with Francesa? 

Expectations change a lot of things.  When was the last time we brought in someone who will be as hyped as Rodgers is?  Favre?  How did Favre look during those post-game interviews when we were blowing the season?  I honestly can't remember.  Make no mistake though, it'll be the same for Carr if we get him.  Either one of these guys will be among the biggest additions we've ever made, and moves that are clearly intended to bring us a Super Bowl.  

At least with Favre we didn't mortgage our future to get him.  With Rodgers or Carr, if we fail, I can assure you the media AND the fanbase will not go easy on them.

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

He seems like the king of idgaf to me, least of my concerns 

yup - you get the feeling his interactions with the media would kind of be a game to him to see how much he can f with them.

that is the entertainment part and I highly doubt affects him one bit when he is on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The most overblown thing of all time might be that NY Media is somehow exponentially “harder to deal with” than all other media, ever.

Do I think Rodgers is a flake? Absolutely.

Do I think he is sensitive? Yup.

Do I think it matters? No. He had an established track record of not taking it into the field with him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yes Aaron Rodgers can. Funny coming from Tiki Barber who was a sh*t stirring locker room divider...

Tiki - how did the Giants do once they removed him and Shockey?

Trying to stir up controversy again - this time on the radio.

If Rodgers ever did come to the Jets - would love to hear Tiki interview him however, highly doubt Rodgers would even give him the time.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Tiki - how did the Giants do once they removed him and Shockey?

Trying to stir up controversy again - this time on the radio.

If Rodgers ever did come to the Jets - would love to hear Tiki interview him however, highly doubt Rodgers would even give him the time.

This is exactly right. Tiki and Shockey were locker room dividers and held back Eli. The team won 2 titles after they were discarded.

Rodgers would relish the opportunity to troll the NY media for a year or two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yes Aaron Rodgers can. Funny coming from Tiki Barber who was a sh*t stirring locker room divider...

Tiki is an all time POS.

As a player, he thought he was everything.  He retires, trashes Eli, trashed the team, they win the SB the next year.

• Upvote 3