Jets QB “Pecking Order”, Todd Downing Hired as Passing Game Coordinator

JetNation

Aaron Rodgers

Hosts Dylan Tereman and Glenn Naughton are back on our NY Jets Podcast to discuss the Jets quarterback “pecking order” as reported by Connor Hughes. Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr, Ryan Tannenhill, where do they stand on the Jets rankings?

Another coach has been hired, ex Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing is now with the Jets as their passing game coordinator. Then, they discuss the upcoming NFL Combine and players they believe will perform well at various positions.

Special thanks go out to our long-time sponsor, MILE Social a NJ Digital Marketing Agency. They help us with our online presence and social media.

Our NY Jets Podcast can now be found on Spotify and Amazon Music. Also, be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play. Here is some more information on how you can find us online.

The post Jets QB “Pecking Order”, Todd Downing Hired as Passing Game Coordinator appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• 1 month later...

“Victory beer” and a death threat.  Wtf?

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/jets-todd-downing-dui-arrest-threat/?fbclid=IwAR3VJDlJT2pE6Ta7pM44Brc7InmLYuORElTesc9yc8qe24_dSTQgZPl6ZPU&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#lfrhwepfn34qm2ons08

Damning Footage Released Of New York Jets Coach’s DUI Arrest: ‘I Had A Victory Beer’ (VIDEO)

7 hours agoby Darrelle Lincoln
todd downing looking at cop while in car

Former Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing is once again in the news after TMZ obtained police footageof his arrest for DUI in November.

The current New York Jets passing coordinator could be seen admitting he had a “victory beer” after the Titans defeated the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 17 at home. After he was pulled over for going over 100 mph in his car, Downing said he was rushing home because he received a death threat.

Also apart of that recording was Downing speaking to a member of the Titans organization.

“Hey, man, I was rushing home and I got arrested for DUI,” Downing said. “I was panicking because I was scared about my family—and I had a victory beer.”

He would ultimately lead guilty to driving under the influence and served 48 hours in jail. The Titans fired Downing after the 2022 season after he spent the previous two seasons as the Titans’ offensive coordinator.

The New York Jets hired Downing as their passing-game coordinator in February.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Jets hired him as their drinking-game coordinator.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Spoiler:  He wins every time 

Side note:  Wonder how many times in a hypothetical Jets player/coaches drinking game someone would make the same lame “lay off the Sauce” joke

A grown man using "victory beer" as a valid excuse is extremly alarming in regards to lack of awareness of the seriousness of driving 100 MPH after drinking. Did he think the officer would say "Oh, nevermind, didnt realize it was a victory beer?"  Its a slap in the face to anyone who has lost a close person to drunk and reckless driving. All this after the relatively recent Henry Ruggs incident? Not sure how he gets another chance at being an NFL coach

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

A grown man using "victory beer" as a valid excuse is extremly alarming in regards to lack of awareness of the seriousness of driving 100 MPH after drinking. Did he think the officer would say "Oh, nevermind, didnt realize it was a victory beer?"  Its a slap in the face to anyone who has lost a close person to drunk and reckless driving. All this after the relatively recent Henry Ruggs incident? Not sure how he gets another chance at being an NFL coach

He didn't hurt/kill anyone.

Sad tho it is, that is usually the differentiator.  Did they hurt and/or kill anyone.

Yes, jail at most, or out of the league maybe at best. 

No.  Community service, and at most a suspension.

• Upvote 4

This is a disturbing video.  I'm not trained in these things, but even I could tell he was pretty damn wasted. He was extremely deliberate in his speech, an obvious sign of someone who is under the influence but trying to appear unimpaired.

He was stupid, and selfish and he deserved to get fired. It's just blind luck that he didn't hurt/kill someone and he was extremely lucky to land on his feet with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Don't forget Andy Reed's son nearly killing a young girl on an exit ramp.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

He didn't hurt/kill anyone.

Sad tho it is, that is usually the differentiator.  Did they hurt and/or kill anyone.

Yes, jail at most, or out of the league maybe at best. 

No.  Community service, and at most a suspension.

If you dont hurt or kill anyone you don't lose your job is not an excuse but reality, I just think its wrong. NFL has so much support in this area, and even if they didn't an Uber can be accessed in minutes. Crazy enough story, I can see wanting to rush home because you think your family is in danger but if you know you are driving you cant have a victory beer. If his family was in danger, that is what the police are for. Regardless of the threat or not he still had to drive home. And with th luxury NFL players/coaches have with services they can call to get them home there is zero excuse. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

“Victory beer” and a death threat.  Wtf?

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/jets-todd-downing-dui-arrest-threat/?fbclid=IwAR3VJDlJT2pE6Ta7pM44Brc7InmLYuORElTesc9yc8qe24_dSTQgZPl6ZPU&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#lfrhwepfn34qm2ons08

Damning Footage Released Of New York Jets Coach’s DUI Arrest: ‘I Had A Victory Beer’ (VIDEO)

7 hours agoby Darrelle Lincoln
todd downing looking at cop while in car

Former Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing is once again in the news after TMZ obtained police footageof his arrest for DUI in November.

The current New York Jets passing coordinator could be seen admitting he had a “victory beer” after the Titans defeated the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 17 at home. After he was pulled over for going over 100 mph in his car, Downing said he was rushing home because he received a death threat.

Also apart of that recording was Downing speaking to a member of the Titans organization.

“Hey, man, I was rushing home and I got arrested for DUI,” Downing said. “I was panicking because I was scared about my family—and I had a victory beer.”

He would ultimately lead guilty to driving under the influence and served 48 hours in jail. The Titans fired Downing after the 2022 season after he spent the previous two seasons as the Titans’ offensive coordinator.

The New York Jets hired Downing as their passing-game coordinator in February.

Wow, that's the nicest Tennessee State Trooper I have ever heard.  Most are absolute douches.  I'm glad that Downing didn't hurt someone else or himself.

• Upvote 1