How many months or years until Zach Wilson is on an XFL roster?

Blackout

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

Pfft. That loser is a year away from being 25 , good looking, rich and retired.  He’s going to be stuck hunting milfs in Utah. Loser. 

Simp is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship.[1][2] Urban Dictionary defines a simp as "someone who does way too much for a person they like".[3][4] This behavior, known as simping,[5] is carried out toward a variety of targets, including celebrities,[1] politicians,[6][7] e-girls, and e-boys.[8] The term had sporadic usage until getting traction on social media in 2019, to mock men said to pander to specific women.[9]

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He should be on a USFL roster right now, getting some play time reps and experience.

It's one of my biggest dislikes of the NFL:  No minor league farm system to grow or develop talent.

College does some of that, but the league would be better off with an NFL-driven, 32-team (one per top-level franchise) farm league/developmental league where they can sign/develop players for the future.

That is where Zach Wilson belongs right now.  Reps, reps, reps, but not at the NFL level.  He needs to learn how to play NFL QB, because he simply doesn't right now.

They tried that it was called NFL Europe. It failed miserably.

• Haha 2

LOLz

Former NFL first-round pick Paxton Lynch benched in his XFL debut after costly interception

The struggle continues for the former Broncos first-round QB

Paxton Lynch's first XFL game started with a touchdown pass on the game's opening drive. It ended with him being pulled after throwing a costly interception late in the third quarter with his team trailing by double digits. Lynch's team, the Orlando Guardians, ultimately fell to the Houston Roughnecks, 33-12, in Week 1 of the rebooted league's 2023 season on Saturday night.

Lynch, who was the Broncos' first-round pick (26th overall) in the 2016 NFL Draft, finished the game with 136 yards and a touchdown on 15 of 21 passing. But he was sacked four times and was unable to convert on multiple fourth downs as Orlando fell behind 21-6 at halftime.

Lynch was pulled after he was picked off by Houston's Tavante Beckett one play after Orlando's defense came up with its second pick of the quarter. The Guardians failed to capitalize on either pick, however, as Orlando's offense failed to do much after marching 77 yards on the game's opening drive. 

Saturday night's benching was the latest in a series of on-field setbacks for Lynch, who went 1-3 during his brief stint as the Broncos' starting quarterback. After parting with Denver after the 2017 season, Lynch spent an entire year as a free agent before failing to make Seattle and Pittsburgh's regular season rosters the following two summers. 

Lynch spent the 2021 season as a third-string quarterback in the Canadian Football League before getting injured during his lone season with the USFL's Michigan Panthers.  

Lynch's pro career has obviously failed to live up to what he accomplished at Memphis, where his success (he threw 59 touchdowns against 23 interceptions in three seasons) led to him being the NFL's 26th overall pick

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kid isn’t an NFL QB by no stretch of the imagination. Yet. 100% a winner at life! Anybody acting like he’s anything else than that is pure nonsense. He will disappear from the public eye in a year or two when he’s out of the NFL. Then they will show him in a luxury box with his 42 closest family members watching his brother play for a Suoerbowl against Arch Manning. Zach will have a T shirt that says” my brother is good!” 

He’s got future influencer written all over him 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He should be on a USFL roster right now, getting some play time reps and experience.

It's one of my biggest dislikes of the NFL:  No minor league farm system to grow or develop talent.

College does some of that, but the league would be better off with an NFL-driven, 32-team (one per top-level franchise) farm league/developmental league where they can sign/develop players for the future.

That is where Zach Wilson belongs right now.  Reps, reps, reps, but not at the NFL level.  He needs to learn how to play NFL QB, because he simply doesn't right now.

A spring league would be fantastic. 

As far as Zach, after we release him, he's going to get at least another chance backing up somewhere in the league. If I had to bet, I'd say he gets 6 years in the nfl

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

It failed because the goal wasn't to develop players it was to make money....they should just do like the NBA does with the G League and the WNBA just eat the loses for the greater good. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Pfft. That loser is a year away from being 25 , good looking, rich and retired.  He’s going to be stuck hunting milfs in Utah. Loser. 

Look it sucks he hasn’t  worked out but I guess I don’t understand the venom Jet fans have toward the kid.  I dont think he is a bad kid.  I think we can all agree he needed to sit and learn his rookie year at the very least.  Not sure if anything would’ve been different maybe nothing would’ve changed.  But similar to Sanchez, Geno, and Darnold who didn’t work out I don’t hold a grudge against any of them 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Key word highlighted.

NFLE was more about market expansion, than anything else.

I'm talking a domestic summer league, focused on player development.  U.S. Cities, smaller than major cities, and not intended as a massive profit driver (just like MLB's minor leagues).

I'd go see a Richmond or Virginia Generals minor league NFL team in the spring.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Not as a developmental league. Plenty of guys came out of NFLE and made it in the league, especially QBs. It failed as a money maker. **** Frankfurt and Glasgow, put it in the upper midwest or something, keep the logistics simple, and concentrate on developing talent, not making a few extra bucks short term. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Look it sucks he hasn’t  worked out but I guess I don’t understand the venom Jet fans have toward the kid.  I dont think he is a bad kid.  I think we can all agree he needed to sit and learn his rookie year at the very least.  Not sure if anything would’ve been different maybe nothing would’ve changed.  But similar to Sanchez, Geno, and Darnold who didn’t work out I don’t hold a grudge against any of them 

I don’t care who he is as a person. I really don’t. He stinks at his job and therefore reduces the team success. I’m a fan, not a father meeting my daughter’s boyfriend for the first time.

It is possible to think he sucks but not be emotional/personal about it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

Zach is going to get many more NFL chances

once he's out of his rookie contract, he fits as a developmental backup 

I suspect a fellow BYU alum like Andy Reid will eventually do him a solid 

there's no reason he can't Geno Smith around the league for 10 years, getting chance after chance to figure it out 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Zach is going to get many more NFL chances

once he's out of his rookie contract, he fits as a developmental backup 

I suspect a fellow BYU alum like Andy Reid will eventually do him a solid 

there's no reason he can't Geno Smith around the league for 10 years, getting chance after chance to figure it out 

This.

I think a competent qb coach will help.

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, jtomm said:

He'll probably end up in Canada. 

He's perfectly suited to play in Canadian Football League. They like their QB's running backwards and all over the place.  Its a bigger filed and more space so he can throw those loft balls without getting them picked off as much.  I could see him having some moderate success there. And there are a few teams close to Utah.  Make it happen JD.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t care who he is as a person. I really don’t. He stinks at his job and therefore reduces the team success. I’m a fan, not a father meeting my daughter’s boyfriend for the first time.

It is possible to think he sucks but not be emotional/personal about it.

You know he would rather be meeting your wife than your daughter. ?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Still sucked at QB and there will always be people to remind him of that.  Ask Ryan Leaf how that went. 

You sure love worshipping at the altar of a players’ salary.  SEE:  Adams, Jamal.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Simp is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship.[1][2] Urban Dictionary defines a simp as "someone who does way too much for a person they like".[3][4] This behavior, known as simping,[5] is carried out toward a variety of targets, including celebrities,[1] politicians,[6][7] e-girls, and e-boys.[8] The term had sporadic usage until getting traction on social media in 2019, to mock men said to pander to specific women.[9]

Bahahaha awesome.  Suck on that Larz while wearing your Jamal Adams jersey. 

• Haha 2