I like these "younger" Jets fans

Older guys like me put up with a lot of BS from this organization for decades...the younger guys want to win NOW.  It's a great concept...lol.  Social media has brought the Jets fan to the doorstep of this organization.  Can't remember an owner of this team saying "whatever it takes" to get anything, never mind a quarterback.  So, a big thank you to the YOUNG GUNS...it's a breath of fresh air because I know you fans will hold the ownership's feet to the fire.  It's not the SOJ...not when it comes to the fans at least.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

15 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Older guys like me put up with a lot of BS from this organization for decades...the younger guys want to win NOW.  It's a great concept...lol.  Social media has brought the Jets fan to the doorstep of this organization.  Can't remember an owner of this team saying "whatever it takes" to get anything, never mind a quarterback.  So, a big thank you to the YOUNG GUNS...it's a breath of fresh air because I know you fans will hold the ownership's feet to the fire.  It's not the SOJ...not when it comes to the fans at least.

I think everyone want to win NOW.  I don’t think that’s ever changed whether you’re an older or younger fan

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

We were all there at one point, big Sarge. And then we saw the elephant and stopped thinking we would survive. 

Wait, what are we talking about??

• Haha 4

The Jets have only had winning seasons 11 times since I’ve been watching (1997ish) and we’re on a massive drought since the last playoff appearance. I think we’re all just fed up. Looking that up had me suprised it’s been that many. That’s like a 40% hit rate at a winning season. Boy was I spoiled then adulthood turned into misery. Seems sort of like the circle of life. 

• Upvote 1

Those young whipper-snappers haven't earned their green stripes until they've endured the likes of a fake spike, a halfback pass non-interception interception, a blown 10-0 lead in the AFCCG, a blown Achilles, a 4-0, 6-3, 9-4 record all in one non-playoff season, a broken preseason wrist, 2 missed fg's in Pittsburgh, losing two qb's in back-to-back plays, an iron man qb who finally got hurt on our watch, a pounder of a rookie rb from Iowa getting gurt in the AFCCG, a flat first half in the next AFCCG, a 99-yard td on 3rd & forever, Tim Tebow and a bunch of other crap.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

The Jets have only had winning seasons 11 times since I’ve been watching (1997ish) and we’re on a massive drought since the last playoff appearance. I think we’re all just fed up. Looking that up had me suprised it’s been that many. That’s like a 40% hit rate at a winning season. Boy was I spoiled then adulthood turned into misery. Seems sort of like the circle of life. 

Dude you have no f*ing idea if you think you've had it bad and have only been a fan since '97.   40% those are the golden years.   Try watching this crap since the mud bowl.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Jets fans are dying faster than they are being created. Jets need to give fans something to be excited for.

Jets issue is they have alienated the long time fans with all the bs.   I frankly barely care anymore and I'm sure I'm not alone.  Add to that not generating new fans because you've been a laughing stock for the last decade.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, greasyt said:

Those young whipper-snappers haven't earned their green stripes until they've endured the likes of a fake spike, a halfback pass non-interception interception, a blown 10-0 lead in the AFCCG, a blown Achilles, a 4-0, 6-3, 9-4 record all in one non-playoff season, a broken preseason wrist, 2 missed fg's in Pittsburgh, losing two qb's in back-to-back plays, an iron man qb who finally got hurt on our watch, a pounder of a rookie rb from Iowa getting gurt in the AFCCG, a flat first half in the next AFCCG, a 99-yard td on 3rd & forever, Tim Tebow and a bunch of other crap.

You forgot roughing the passer on 2nd and 24...that one will always be my biggest torment.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

12 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I think the best thing is that they’re not fair weather fans like most patsie or giant fans are. To be a jet fan and stay a jet fan over the past 10 years is very hard. There’s very little reason to watch because they’ve lost so often. Hopefully we and they will be rewarded soon. Having both the droy and oroy in the same year is a good start.

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think the best thing is that they’re not fair weather fans like most patsie or giant fans are. To be a jet fan and stay a jet fan over the past 10 years is very hard. There’s very little reason to watch because they’ve lost so often. Hopefully we and they will be rewarded soon. Having both the droy and oroy in the same year is a good start.

Not sure why being a fair weather fan is worse than being addicted to gambling and drinking which is the only reason to watch a Jets game.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I watched as 3 kids grew up here in NJ with all their friends and observed the developing fandom here for NFL, MLB, NBA.  I have no hard data other than my own anecdotal observation, compared to when I was growing up.

There are VERY FEW "young Jets fans" compared to the 1980's and 1990's and up to the Sanchez era.  Since then, the Jets have attracted a dangerously low number of young fans due to their persistent sucking and having ZERO offense.  Young fans want OFFENSE.  It's a fantasy football world now and the Jets used a decade of 1st round picks exclusively on defense, with the majority being 1st round busts.  

The New York Jets have provided NOTHING appealing to potential young fans since the end of the Rex days.  That's NOT good for this franchise.  They indeed, need to "win now" this season.  That's why Rodgers is so appealing

• Upvote 1

I look at all these podcasts now and except maybe for greenbean, they're virtually young guys...at least young compared to me.  That's why in my opening post, I mentioned social media.  I didn't have that in the 60's, 70's, 80's and most of the 90's.  Everyone and their mother seems to have a podcast.  You go on youtube and it's flooded.  Anyway, I didn't mean to say us older fans aren't passionate...we most definitely are.  

I kind of agree, but I don't really see the young fans holding the owners feet to the fire, they blame all on the QB. And I still say until the owner feels intense heat, he will not change his ways, and we won't find a QB until the owner does. Finding a QB is not a lottery pick, it takes good competent coaches, our owner won't hire good competent people

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, greasyt said:

Ahhh, the fake spike.  Should have been flagged for something illegal.  Because if a Jet had busted through the line at the snap and flattened pretty boy, there would have been outrage.  It is a similar formation to taking a knee. The D-line looks for a fumbled snap and immediately lets up.  If you knock the center on his ass, it's a penalty.  Been death by a thousand cuts ever since.