Former Chiefs star absolutely blasts Eric Bieniemy

jetsons

Honestly, McCoy’s take reflects my outsiders view of the KC situation, but I can also see the sour grapes that could be spoiling this particular review. I suspect that the primary reason Bienemy is making a lateral move is to give him the opportunity to to create a new, positive narrative in lieu of his consistently being passed over for a promotion. Whatever my feelings for Snyder et al, I hope he makes the most of it. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Honestly, McCoy’s take reflects my outsiders view of the KC situation, but I can also see the sour grapes that could be spoiling this particular review. I suspect that the primary reason Bienemy is making a lateral move is to give him the opportunity to to create a new, positive narrative in lieu of his consistently being passed over for a promotion. Whatever my feelings for Snyder et al, I hope he makes the most of it. 

He's got one year.

After that, the entire staff will be let go under the new Owner.

Unless the 'Ders win a title, it's hard to see any of them being retained.

It's a hell of a risky move for Bieniemy tbqh.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's got one year.

I agree. That probably speaks to his current number of opportunities. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha, the league is bloated with nepotism … but okay. 

Im not even laughing at the minority hirings side of this, either. The Rooney rule really doesn’t help, it’s just for league PR in moments like this… where someone need to say, “but see, there a requirement!”

The mere notion that the NFL is about hiring the most qualified candidates is hilarious. 

Nepotism is the worlds oldest ism

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fixed.

Nah, even I wouldn’t generalize that far. I do think many companies exist that are making idealistic, good faith efforts to hire without bias or even connections… I just think the NFL is probably the most laughable example of zero effort whatsoever.

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats no different then tons of guys.  Matt nagy, kevin oconnell, mike mcdaniel, zach taylor etc etc etc.

Im not sure why beinemy hasnt gotten a hc gig, but its not the fact that hes not the play caller.

It is 100 % the fact he's not the play caller .... Did you listen to what McCoy had to say ? Reid ran everything and Bieniemy did not have any say at all. This has been the Question about him for the past 6 years. I'm not sure why teams have to be questioned as to why they did not hire the guy, its not personal, its basically about real OC experience. Now is his chance to show what he can do and if he succeeds in Washington and runs the offense well he will no doubt be a better candidate for HC and that's why he took the lateral move because he knows what has held him back. 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's got one year.

I think its a move Bienemy had to make if he wanted to be considered for a HC job. So it comes down to what he wants and how much he wants to pursue a HC job. He knows exactly why he's been held back from being considered and it comes down to real experience calling plays not standing there watching Andy Reid Pull the strings.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It is 100 % the fact he's not the play caller .... Did you listen to what McCoy had to say ? Reid ran everything and Bieniemy did not have any say at all. This has been the Question about him for the past 6 years. I'm not sure why teams have to be questioned as to why they did not hire the guy, its not personal, its basically about real OC experience. Now is his chance to show what he can do and if he succeeds in Washington and runs the offense well he will no doubt be a better candidate for HC and that's why he took the lateral move because he knows what has held him back. 

Nah, its 100% racism according to the posters in this thread

• Upvote 1

If you need a guy to operate a donut delivery system to keep the HC supplied with donuts constantly then Bieniemy is your guy. If you want a guy to run your offense then look elsewhere. 

Oh, KC also didn't give him the salary he wanted. He was going to stay and KC said, "That Washington job sounds reaaaaaly amazing."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Class and nepotism are the main problems in society not how much melanin is in your skin or who you like to bang those are just distractions to keep the plebs fighting. 

Nepotism isn’t always a problem there are qualified people with connections. The world has always been this way though so not sure there’s much you an do other than find your own lane. Becoming an NFL coach or getting into show business etc is a class 99.9% of people are never getting into. Bienemy is making like 3 mill a year. Doesn’t resonate with anyone. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, slats said:

I thought the thing that rang most true to me in McCoy's rant was that RB coaches rarely get hired as head coaches. We have no way of knowing if any of the behind closed doors stuff is true. 

Bienemy has has numerous opportunities to interview for head coaching jobs. People can speculate as to what that reason is but no one knows. Seems like skin color is brought up far too often as a reason for everything these days. That could be the reason, but there are other possibilities.

One example: Bienemy interviewed for the Texans job in 2021. Their last 4 coaches are 

• Romeo Crennel
  • David Culley
  • Lovie Smith
  • DeMeco Ryans

Doesn't seem like a team that would not hire a guy due to skin color. I wonder what their reason was to hire David Culley instead of Bienemy?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Nepotism isn’t always a problem there are qualified people with connections. The world has always been this way though so not sure there’s much you an do other than find your own lane. Becoming an NFL coach or getting into show business etc is a class 99.9% of people are never getting into.

I agree we are getting outraged over things 99.999 percent of the population doesn't have a chance to get hired for in the first place but when guys like Lefluer, Schotty, Hackett get 10 opportunities it's just comical....with that being said AB probably just doesn't interview well or he would have been hired.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, even I wouldn’t generalize that far. I do think many companies exist that are making idealistic, good faith efforts to hire without bias or even connections… I just think the NFL is probably the most laughable example of zero effort whatsoever.

Companies might say they do, and have policies that say they do. 

Individuals who actually make those decisions?

It's impossible (IMO) to truly separate all individual biases and personal connections from the picture.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

I agree we are getting outraged over things 99.999 percent of the population doesn't have a chance to get hired for in the first place but when guys like Lefluer, Schotty, Hackett get 10 opportunities it's just comical....with that being said AB probably just doesn't interview well or he would have been hired.

Why don’t we have the same outrage for movies? Show business whether sports pro coaches or movies is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d bet McCoy has a beef with this guy about something that happened between them.

Why else would he come out like this and just cut him off at the knees like this?

Well two things one to get some attention but second perhaps an honest push back vs everyone hollering at how horrible it is for him not to get a head coaching gig.   All the media types yell that it is a crime without actually being in the locker room

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well two things one to get some attention but second perhaps an honest push back vs everyone hollering at how horrible it is for him not to get a head coaching gig.   All the media types yell that it is a crime without actually being in the locker room

I could see the first with McCoy, i don’t buy the second one though… not from him.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha, the league is bloated with nepotism … but okay. 

Im not even laughing at the minority hirings side of this, either. The Rooney rule really doesn’t help, it’s just for league PR in moments like this… where someone need to say, “but see, there a requirement!”

The mere notion that the NFL is about hiring the most qualified candidates is hilarious. 

sorry but unless you are involved with the inner workings of hiring in the nfl on any team or for the league itself then you don't know and its just your opinion.....

5 hours ago, JiFields said:

This is disgruntled ex-employee sh*t.  McCoy, wasnt part of the offense because Bieniemy new he was washed.  Every single player on the team would say differently about Bieniemy and rave about how he's the glue guy of the coaches.  And McCoy was there for 1 year, 4 years ago?  It's not possible his responsibilities increased since that time?  Stupidity. 

7 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Shady is just mad that he went to KC at the tail end of his career and they treated him like he was just another guy...which he was. I do not think that EB is HC material based on everything thats happened, but this is just sour grapes + hot take.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

McCoy played one season for the Chiefs at the tail end of his career and was not used much.  He was inactive for the AFCCG and the Super Bowl.  I might take what he has to say about the Chiefs with a grain of salt.

There is no doubt Shady is looking pretty disgruntled here. I'm thinking what he said was the truth. Like anything else in the NFL or Sports in general you keep certain things inside the organization. For instance when a player is struggling for whatever reason or just plain sucks you don't see teammates go to the media and rip them to shreds. Normally you don't see coaches do it either not named Bill Parcells who actually held his players accountable and used it as a motivational tool. Shady did this because he's out of the league and has obvious issues in the way he was handled. Bottom line is everyone should know Reid designed the playbook, calls all the plays, and even in Important game situations while talking to the QB during a Time Out on the sidelines Bienemy is not even part of the conversation. This has nothing at all to do with race and it very well could be more personality and experience actually calling plays which is very different than watching them being called. 

Bienemy made the right move getting out from under Reids wing I hope it all works out for him but at this stage its 100 % up to him to prove he can handle the big stage.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why don’t we have the same outrage for movies? Show business whether sports pro coaches or movies is what it is. 

becasue Hollywood is incredibly woke, so as long as you give the right lip service, nothing else matters. Politicians prove this all the time. Actions don't matter, lip service does

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That was kind of my point. McCoy hasn't  been around the team for some time now. Why did he wait until EB got this job. It looks like McCoy had an ax to grind. McCoy wasn't a full-time starter for the first time in his career except for maybe when he was a rookie, had his lowest ever rushing numbers except that last season in Tampa, and only lasted that one season. He probably  blames EB for all that. 

Nah, I look it more because bienemy got the position now... when he wasn't getting it, it didn't matter, but now that he got it shady is just pointing out that bienemy doesn't deserve it.

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

becasue Hollywood is incredibly woke, so as long as you give the right lip service, nothing else matters. Politicians prove this all the time. Actions don't matter, lip service does

I was speaking more towards nepotism. Media too. The NFL gives plenty of lip service as is.

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

Nah, I look it more because bienemy got the position now... when he wasn't getting it, it didn't matter, but now that he got it shady is just pointing out that bienemy doesn't deserve it.

After hearing Boomer this morning talk about how EB had been hard on the players, how Shady had fumbled a bunch, and got benched in the playoffs and SB, I would say there is something more than Shady doing us all a favor by pointing this out. This has sour grapes written all over it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1