Face it, Jets fans. We are wanted.

JETS SB

im afraid we dont get any of them

if Football guy is right we want to give Carr 2 yrs 25 mil, and the Saints 3 yrs 30 mil. thats a 40 million dollar difference. 

im not convinced Rodgers either leaves GB and or comes here. the rumors can say what they want but if Rodgers want to go back to GB they will take him. plus it would be best for GB to trade him after June 1st. by that time he could change his mind. 

Tannehill is not going to be available. Willis in 3 starts completed 50% 0 TDs and 3 INTs. he was worse than Zach Wilson and some people think they will let Tanney go and give him the job.? no way. Tanney stays and Willis sits another year. 

we must make a big offer to Carr. give him 35-40 mil a year if thats what it takes. if you dont over pay for Carr your going to have to overpay for Glass Jaw Jimmy. and if he doesnt want to play here were stuck with Brisset, Minshew or White. that would be a epic failure.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, doitny said:

if Football guy is right we want to give Carr 2 yrs 25 mil, and the Saints 3 yrs 30 mil. thats a 40 million dollar difference. 

im not convinced Rodgers either leaves GB and or comes here. the rumors can say what they want but if Rodgers want to go back to GB they will take him. plus it would be best for GB to trade him after June 1st. by that time he could change his mind. 

Tannehill is not going to be available. Willis in 3 starts completed 50% 0 TDs and 3 INTs. he was worse than Zach Wilson and some people think they will let Tanney go and give him the job.? no way. Tanney stays and Willis sits another year. 

we must make a big offer to Carr. give him 35-40 mil a year if thats what it takes. if you dont over pay for Carr your going to have to overpay for Glass Jaw Jimmy. and if he doesnt want to play here were stuck with Brisset, Minshew or White. that would be a epic failure.

2 for 25? That’s less than the raiders contract.  But it’s the guaranteed that matters. It sounds like the saints were willing to take on his existing contract.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

And if he takes that kind of Jet offer and plays well, wins, he makes out better.  He’ll be 33 and will cash in on another contract, a better one that whatever he gets this year and blows that $40M loss away

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And if he takes that kind of Jet offer and plays well, wins, he makes out better.  He’ll be 33 and will cash in on another contract, a better one that whatever he gets this year and blows that $40M loss away

Nut, you need to look at where the market is now… there is no way Carr even considers an offer under 35, none. As crazy as it sounds that would be an insulting number to put on the table. He’s not signing for two years either.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, doitny said:

25M doesn't get you a dreg backup qb. If the Jets offered that , they clearly don't want Carr. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nut, you need to look at where the market is now… there is no way Carr even considers an offer under 35, none. As crazy as it sounds that would be an insulting number to put on the table. He’s not signing for two years either.

If it’s the top offer or near it he has no choice.  
Either way I said if he takes a short deal and performs he’ll get another big deal and make out better.  Still stands.  As for how much per, I didn’t say anything about his yearly number

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If it’s the top offer or near it he has no choice.  
Either way I said if he takes a short deal and performs he’ll get another big deal and make out better.  Still stands.  As for how much per, I didn’t say anything about his yearly number

It’s not 2019 anymore, buddy. 40mil is the starting point for guys in the top 15 now. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s not 2019 anymore, buddy. 40mil is the starting point for guys in the top 15 now. 

OK, third time, I didn’t comment about their per year predictions, just he would get another bigger payday if he took a 2 year deal that would more than make up for loss using those two examples.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

OK, third time, I didn’t comment about their per year predictions, just he would get another bigger payday if he took a 2 year deal that would more than make up for loss using those two examples.

and you continue to look silly for thinking he’d sign for 2 years at way less than market value.
That’s the point you keep missing when you double and triple down on an outlandish opinion.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

2 for 25? That’s less than the raiders contract.  But it’s the guaranteed that matters. It sounds like the saints were willing to take on his existing contract.

yeah that sounded low to me too. you got to expect he gets close to 40 mil a year

Joe Douglas has been very good about not hamstringing the Jets with ridiculous contract structures and amounts. I trust he will do the same with the next QB's contract. He is too smart to lose him with a low ball offer, but at the same time, he will not unnecessarily overpay. I emphasize the word "unnecessarily" because there is a caveat: It may be necessary for him to overpay OR Woody may force him to do so.

Let's see what transpires.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

and if he gets hurt and misses big time hes screwed. and its bad for us if he does well cause in 2 years we have to pay him more and give more years for a 33 yr old as opposed to a 31 yr old. 

the stars have aligned themselves perfect for us. he is by far the best QB available. Rodgers and Lamar are pipe dreams. and for once we dont have a young QB that we need to see another year from. he is 31 give him a 4-5 year contract for 40 or whatever more he wants and be done with it. that money will look like a bargain in a few years. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

@dbatesman Good morning sir. Hope you’re having a delightful day in academia and your morning coffee was delightful. When you’re ready I look forward to your opinion on all this. 

The Panthers have a better coach. The Saints’ defense was 8th in DVOA (we were 6th), and Olave had a better season than Wilson, so that’s a wash. Both places are much cheaper than the New York area. I don’t think we’re worse than those destinations, but I don’t think we’re appreciably better. Carr will almost certainly follow the money, like every player does.

I will, however, agree that the Jets are a more appealing destination than the team owned by Mark Davis and coached by Josh McDaniels. So, uh, bully for us, I guess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

and you continue to look silly for thinking he’d sign for 2 years at way less than market value.
That’s the point you keep missing when you double and triple down on an outlandish opinion.

You’re so hell bent on arguing you can’t get that all I said is he would be eligible for another contract, which if he lights it up will be worth more at age 33.  But do keep arguing. 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

If @football guy actually said Carr 25mil and Saints 30, he doesn’t have a clue about the QB market. Those #’s are laughable. In fact so is the 35 you want to offer.

The real cash dollars- the guaranteed dollars- is all that matters. If the Jets or Saints sign Carr, they won't want to sign him for a deal that guarantees him more than those figures per season. The Saints just asked him to reduce his guaranteed salary this year, which was $33 million... 

Giants offered Daniel Jones a "5-year, $190 million deal"... that doesn't actually equate to $38 million per year guaranteed. They likely not only backloaded the deal, but had "guaranteed roster bonuses" and other mechanisms that permitted them to get out of the deal early if it didn't work out after a year or 2. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Panthers have a better coach. The Saints’ defense was 8th in DVOA (we were 6th), and Olave had a better season than Wilson, so that’s a wash. Both places are much cheaper than the New York area. I don’t think we’re worse than those destinations, but I don’t think we’re appreciably better. Carr will almost certainly follow the money, like every player does.

I will, however, agree that the Jets are a more appealing destination than the team owned by Mark Davis and coached by Josh McDaniels. So, uh, bully for us, I guess. 

This rookie of the year thing is really a peak into the delusion of this fanbase. This is still a bottom 10 roster at best. Douglas should have been fired and this off-season will be a total sh*tshow.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Wrong. The real cash dollars- the guaranteed dollars- is all that matters. If the Jets or Saints sign Carr, they won't want to sign him for a deal that guarantees him more than those figures per season. The Saints just asked him to reduce his guaranteed salary this year, which was $33 million... 

link?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

and if he gets hurt and misses big time hes screwed. and its bad for us if he does well cause in 2 years we have to pay him more and give more years for a 33 yr old as opposed to a 31 yr old. 

the stars have aligned themselves perfect for us. he is by far the best QB available. Rodgers and Lamar are pipe dreams. and for once we dont have a young QB that we need to see another year from. he is 31 give him a 4-5 year contract for 40 or whatever more he wants and be done with it. that money will look like a bargain in a few years. 

LJ is a pipe dream IMO, I don’t think he’s being traded, not this year at least.  I do think Rodgers will be available and an option for the Jets.

• Sympathy 1