Face it, Jets fans. We are wanted.

JETS SB

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

Wrong. The real cash dollars- the guaranteed dollars- is all that matters. If the Jets or Saints sign Carr, they won't want to sign him for a deal that guarantees him more than those figures per season. The Saints just asked him to reduce his guaranteed salary this year, which was $33 million... 

so the 25 million was only guaranteed money? must have read your post wrong. sorry

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This rookie of the year thing is really a peak into the delusion of this fanbase. This is still a bottom 10 roster at best. Douglas should have been fired and this off-season will be a total sh*tshow.

Yeah, fans are delusional.  Those two rookies are meaningless 

And Jed should have been fired.  This offseason isn’t close to a shlt show.  Now that delusional thinking 

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Panthers have a better coach. The Saints’ defense was 8th in DVOA (we were 6th), and Olave had a better season than Wilson, so that’s a wash. Both places are much cheaper than the New York area. I don’t think we’re worse than those destinations, but I don’t think we’re appreciably better. Carr will almost certainly follow the money, like every player does.

I will, however, agree that the Jets are a more appealing destination than the team owned by Mark Davis and coached by Josh McDaniels. So, uh, bully for us, I guess. 

Yeah, that haircut Mark has should  cost them 25 million in cap space a year. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

so the 25 million was only guaranteed money? must have read your post wrong. sorry

The Jets don't want to pay Derek Carr or Jimmy Garoppolo more than $25 million per year in cash. So if its over a 2-year deal, it would be $50 million in cash. That's very similar to what Carr just received in his deal with the Raiders... it was a "3-year, $121.5 million extension", yet they ultimately paid him $24.9 million in cash for the 2022 season. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, football guy said:

The real cash dollars- the guaranteed dollars- is all that matters. If the Jets or Saints sign Carr, they won't want to sign him for a deal that guarantees him more than those figures per season. The Saints just asked him to reduce his guaranteed salary this year, which was $33 million... 

Giants offered Daniel Jones a "5-year, $190 million deal"... that doesn't actually equate to $38 million per year guaranteed. They likely not only backloaded the deal, but had "guaranteed roster bonuses" and other mechanisms that permitted them to get out of the deal early if it didn't work out after a year or 2. 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This rookie of the year thing is really a peak into the delusion of this fanbase. This is still a bottom 10 roster at best. Douglas should have been fired and this off-season will be a total sh*tshow.

Bottom ten? Really?

can you list the 22 NFL teams with better rosters?

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The Panthers have a better coach. The Saints’ defense was 8th in DVOA (we were 6th), and Olave had a better season than Wilson, so that’s a wash. Both places are much cheaper than the New York area. I don’t think we’re worse than those destinations, but I don’t think we’re appreciably better. Carr will almost certainly follow the money, like every player does.

I will, however, agree that the Jets are a more appealing destination than the team owned by Mark Davis and coached by Josh McDaniels. So, uh, bully for us, I guess. 

Disagree that Olave was better than Wilson. By any measure, Wilson was better which is why he won OROY.

With that said, I do agree that NOLA has as good of a supporting cast as the Jets. If not better.

The one thing going for the Jets (compared to NOLA) is that we are in better cap health. NOLA can restructure contracts, keep the majority of the their players and sign Carr. But they won’t be able to add anyone else outside of the draft.

So come game 1, there’s a good chance we will have the better supporting cast.

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Disagree that Olave was better than Wilson. By any measure, Wilson was better which is why he won OROY.

Olave had a higher catch % (60.5% to 56.5%).

Olave had a higher YPC (14.5 to 13.3)

Those are both measures. :lol:

Actually, the two players were remarkably close, same # of TD's, same # of fumbles, Wilson had a few more total yards on alot more targets/receptions.

Very glad Wilson won, and I love Wilson, but I don't think it was as far apart as all that.  They were both very, very good rookie WR's.  Close to equals.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, doitny said:

im afraid we dont get any of them

if Football guy is right we want to give Carr 2 yrs 25 mil, and the Saints 3 yrs 30 mil. thats a 40 million dollar difference. 

im not convinced Rodgers either leaves GB and or comes here. the rumors can say what they want but if Rodgers want to go back to GB they will take him. plus it would be best for GB to trade him after June 1st. by that time he could change his mind. 

Tannehill is not going to be available. Willis in 3 starts completed 50% 0 TDs and 3 INTs. he was worse than Zach Wilson and some people think they will let Tanney go and give him the job.? no way. Tanney stays and Willis sits another year. 

we must make a big offer to Carr. give him 35-40 mil a year if thats what it takes. if you dont over pay for Carr your going to have to overpay for Glass Jaw Jimmy. and if he doesnt want to play here were stuck with Brisset, Minshew or White. that would be a epic failure.

I disagree. So lets agree to disagree. 

1. I think GB is DONE with Rodgers. And whether it happens before or after June 1st, they will want to trade him. However, Rodgers has a no trade clause. So it behooves GB to play nice with him. Of course, Rodgers may decide to retire. But I doubt it. I HIGHLY doubt he wants to go out like that. Just not in his DNA. GB pretty much HAS to trade him or they have wasted Love (a 1st rd. QB they have been developing for years). They seem to love Love (pardon the pun?) and will need to make a huge decision on his 5th year option. Can't do that without actually seeing him lead this team as a starter. 

2. No way the offer to Carr was 2yrs 25mil. What do I know, but I just don't see it. Seems like way too low and too short term. I'm picturing something closer to a 4 year 140mil deal. Maybe I'm way off. But something like a back-ended deal- 28mil + 32mil + 38mil +42mil = 140mil. Probably with an 'out' along the way. Sounds like a lot but the cap will keep going up and QB salaries will keep skyrocketing. Carr is 31 and a 4 year deal makes sense, IMO. I dunno. This is what I'm picturing.  

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Olave had a higher catch % (60.5% to 56.5%).

Olave had a higher YPC (14.5 to 13.3)

Those are both measures. :lol:

Actually, the two players were remarkably close, same # of TD's, same # of fumbles, Wilson had a few more total yards on alot more targets/receptions.

Very glad Wilson won, and I love Wilson, but I don't think it was as far apart as all that.  They were both very, very good rookie WR's.  Close to equals.

I guess there are a couple of measures that Olave did better.

Their seasons were definitely close. But Wilson won OROY for a reason. So it’s not just Jets fans who thought he was better.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Their seasons were definitely close. But Wilson won OROY for a reason. So it’s not just Jets fans who thought he was better.

I thought he was better too.  Just not by alot.  Don't think that's an insult.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’m not trying to run Wilson down. I think he’s great. I just don’t think he gives us a huge leg up on the Saints.

• Upvote 2

On 2/22/2023 at 8:25 AM, Green Ghost said:

If @football guy actually said Carr 25mil and Saints 30, he doesn’t have a clue about the QB market. Those #’s are laughable. In fact so is the 35 you want to offer.

For Carr, the money he’s seeking is a significant factor. He had three years and $116.3 million left on his Raiders deal, or $38.77 million per year. The Raiders couldn’t trade him because no one was willing to inherit that contract (with $32.9 million guaranteed this year and $7.5 million next), and if he’s now asking for $35 million per (ESPN reported he is), it’d stand to reason it might be hard for him to find that. So my guess, based on what the market told us, would be he’ll be a starter somewhere, but at less money than he wants.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/02/27/aaron-rodgers-packers-trade-ten-takeaways-mmqb

Lol

• Upvote 1