Becton Shows off Trimmed Down Frame on Social Media

JetNation

Mekhi Becton

Jets fans hoping to find out how things are progressing in the world of Mekhi Becton got an update from the tackle today and fair to say the results were well-received.

Of course there’s no number to assign to Becton’s photo in terms of weight, but the big man looked like he’s been putting in plenty of work in preparation for the 2023 season.

?? pic.twitter.com/JJdnEzdxA9

— Trending Topic ??‍♂️ (@BigTicket73) February 22, 2023

Becton’s post included a trimmed-down selfie in which he asks “Yall workout today” alongside a gif with the words “damn, I look good”.  The Louisville product has tweeted about his eagerness to return to the field after spending the past two years recovering from various injuries.

Despite his undeniable talent, Becton has had a rough go of it after having a teammate land on the back of his leg in the 2021 opener which led to a dislocated knee cap.  Then before the season kicked off this season, he suffered another injury that was a direct result of the procedure required to repair the dislocated knee cap.

The post Becton Shows off Trimmed Down Frame on Social Media appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Thank you people keep ripping on this guy like he didn’t have a legitimate injury.
I for one wish the guy comes back with a vengeance and helps us win!
Yeah ...he did show up out of shape last year ... But I'm with you ... Hope he comes back and dominates ... If he's lost a ton of weight ... I hope he is learning how to play that light.

And I hope if he turns things around the fan base hadn't turned him off so much he run to get out Dodge asap

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Back-to-back season ending injuries due to self-neglect, motivation and discipline were costly to his reputation and development. 

He needs to restore trust by demonstrating consistency on the field (technique, power, etc.)  and off the field (staying fit mentally and physically). 

I think that most fans will be happy if he plays efficiently between 13-15 games. 

He owes us a bit more than that to be honest. 16-17 games and proof he can hold down the right or left tackle position going forward. If he misses more time than that I’ll be watching every Jet game crapping  my shorts  every time he gets up slow. Nobody wants that. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you people keep ripping on this guy like he didn’t have a legitimate injury.

His injury was legitimate.

I love the kid personally.

He showed up to mini camp last year over 400lbs which had a direct impact on his knee stability. 

All these things can be true. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JetNation said:

Despite his undeniable talent, Becton has had a rough go of it after having a teammate land on the back of his leg in the 2021 opener which led to a dislocated knee cap.  Then before the season kicked off this season, he suffered another injury that was a direct result of the procedure required to repair the dislocated knee cap.

Wait what? The procedure caused the injury? Anyone hear this before or understand?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Back-to-back season ending injuries due to self-neglect, motivation and discipline were costly to his reputation and development. 

He needs to restore trust by demonstrating consistency on the field (technique, power, etc.)  and off the field (staying fit mentally and physically). 

I think that most fans will be happy if he plays efficiently between 13-15 games. 

The first season ending injury was due to a Van Roten getting tossed like a rag doll and rolling up his knee. Would have ended the season for every LT in the league. The second injury was predicted by doctors due to the nature of the first.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The first season ending injury was due to a Van Roten getting tossed like a rag doll and rolling up his knee. Would have ended the season for every LT in the league. The second injury was predicted by doctors due to the nature of the first.

Valid points, but his weight management was also part of the problem; which is a direct indictment on him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

People wrote this guy with HOF talent off pretty quickly yet hero worshiped Zach WIlson and Denzel Mims for two years. lol  I actually think there's a solid chance this guy matures and becomes a really good player.

He needs a man blocking scheme not this WCO finesse zone stuff.

I think there's a good chance 2023 is a tire fire for our Jets. With the entire staff fired, a new staff could bring in that new scheme and maybe Becton becomes a player for years to come

Just now, hotrodcharlie said:

He needs a man blocking scheme. I think there's a good chance 2023 is a tire fire for our Jets. With the entire staff fired, a new staff could bring in that new scheme and maybe Becton becomes a player for years to come

Well I don't think they are picking up his fifth year option so if this years a bust he most likely will be part of the purge. 

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

People wrote this guy with HOF talent off pretty quickly yet hero worshiped Zach WIlson and Denzel Mims for two years. lol  I actually think there's a solid chance this guy matures and becomes a really good player.

Quickly?  Isn't he entering his 4th year and hasn't played a complete season yet?

• Sympathy 1

I legit had to look at the dates of this thread to see if this was from last year or the year before and was just a zombie thread resurrected.

His work outs have to look like this, lots of cardio, 70% leg and lower body work 30% other stuff.  2000 capsules of glucosamine per day

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JetNation said:

Mekhi Becton

Jets fans hoping to find out how things are progressing in the world of Mekhi Becton got an update from the tackle today and fair to say the results were well-received.

Of course there’s no number to assign to Becton’s photo in terms of weight, but the big man looked like he’s been putting in plenty of work in preparation for the 2023 season.

?? pic.twitter.com/JJdnEzdxA9

— Trending Topic ??‍♂️ (@BigTicket73) February 22, 2023

Becton’s post included a trimmed-down selfie in which he asks “Yall workout today” alongside a gif with the words “damn, I look good”.  The Louisville product has tweeted about his eagerness to return to the field after spending the past two years recovering from various injuries.

The post Becton Shows off Trimmed Down Frame on Social Media appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

Wasn't  this the tweet someone conflated with playing video games?

13 minutes ago, undertow said:

Well I don't think they are picking up his fifth year option so if this years a bust he most likely will be part of the purge. 

Crazy that he is approaching year 5 already

A team that had to play left tackles off the street last year is in no position to not pick up his option. They should do so

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Crazy that he is approaching year 5 already

A team that had to play left tackles off the street last year is in no position to not pick up his option. They should do so

I guess if he has a bounce back year they can still tag him and work out a new contract...Jets are gonna have to make a lot of tough decisions over the next two or three years on who of these young guys they want to pay which is why I'm not worried about who's the QB in 2026 they need to just go for it now.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

That’s what our fanbase does best lol.  In all seriousness yes it’s been very frustrating not seeing him in the forks but a lot has been bad luck too.  I agree it would be great seeing him come back. It would be a a big bonus 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't know why so-called "fans" want to see any of our players fail. I wasn't in favor of drafting Becton (wanted Wirfs) or Zach, but we have them, so I hope either or both make comebacks and are great players for us for years to come. I may not agree with the choices, but once they are here, I will root for them to succeed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, viffer said:

I don't know why so-called "fans" want to see any of our players fail. I wasn't in favor of drafting Becton (wanted Wirfs) or Zach, but we have them, so I hope either or both make comebacks and are great players for us for years to come. I may not agree with the choices, but once they are here, I will root for them to succeed.

I don't have to hope anything. He is what he is. 

Just now, viffer said:

I don't want to see any of our players fail but from an analysis standpoint watching players play in the NFL it was pretty clear early on MIms and Wilson were busts so it's not my responsibility to pretend they aren't for two years.   Becton on the other hand has NFL all pro talent who just can't stay healthy so I'm willing to stick with him and hope he turns it around. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't want to see any of our players fail but from an analysis standpoint watching players play in the NFL it was pretty clear early on MIms and Wilson were busts so it's not my responsibility to pretend they aren't for two years.   Becton on the other hand has NFL all pro talent who just can't stay healthy so I'm willing to stick with him and hope he turns it around. 

At least becton showed he belonged on the field.  Mims is hurt every time he gets hit.