Interesting QB talk from Movin the Chains

section314

I am all in on Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson, even though I know Lamar is a complete longshot. The only reason many are excited about Carr is because he’s an upgrade. Well, guess what you can grab somebody from the pop warner league and they would be an upgrade over Zach Wilson. If we can’t get Rodgers or Lamar, then you turn your attention towards Carr.  and if he’s gone already, so be it. The next guys in line will win for the Jets. I’d rather two years of the next level guys than five of Carr. I won’t be upset at all if we land Carr but he’s down my list right now.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think it would be VERY helpful for the collective mindset of the well-being of Jets fans if two things were to occur:

1) GIVE UP THIS NOTION ABOUT AARON RODGERS.  

2) GIVE UP THIS NOTION ABOUT LAMAR JACKSON.

We have had two solid drafts.  If we could use Derek Carr as a bridge, he would get us to the playoffs.  Maybe Zach can be salvaged.  If not, there will be some great QB's to draft over the next 3-4 years who could very well take the job from Derek.

And if you don't like Derek, insert a name.  Just not the above.  Those two would destroy all the good that has been built the past two years here.  

This is 100% where I am. I am still a Zach fan, but would be OK if they moved on. I think someone like Minshew, Winston are very viable "for now" QBs. But the combo of picks and cap that Rodgers or Lamar would get knowing that you get Rodgers for probably at most 2 years, and can't realistically expect Lamar to hold up physically could ruin this franchise.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

This is 100% where I am. I am still a Zach fan, but would be OK if they moved on. I think someone like Minshew, Winston are very viable "for now" QBs. But the combo of picks and cap that Rodgers or Lamar would get knowing that you get Rodgers for probably at most 2 years, and can't realistically expect Lamar to hold up physically could ruin this franchise.

you cant ruin what is already ruined 

• WTF? 1

Carr to the Falcons makes a ton of sense for Carr. They have London, Pitts, Allgeier, Patterson and the 8th pick in the draft. They also play in a dome, in a HORRIBLE division. 

The question is whether the Falcons would want Carr or if they are looking more long term and want to give Ridder a chance or draft a QB at 8 (or move up)

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Carr to the Falcons makes a ton of sense for Carr. They have London, Pitts, Allgeier, Patterson and the 8th pick in the draft. They also play in a dome, in a HORRIBLE division. 

The question is whether the Falcons would want Carr or if they are looking more long term and want to give Ridder a chance or draft a QB at 8 (or move up)

Yes, the comment was  from the perspective of what’s best for Carr.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Kirwin in opening monologue made 3 points 

1) Thinks it’s time to put the non exclusive tag on Lamar and let teams come to the Ravens with proposals.

2) Carr would be perfect fit in Atlanta. Plenty of talent and cap space, great owner who will spend  and a terrible division. Said Saints will have so much dead cap hits for years going forward they will just keep having to cut guys every year.Would avoid them. 

3) Has an old contact still with the Jets who thinks that AR would be the worst possible guy for them to bring in. Would blow up the whole place.

HIs old contact is stupid. Rodgers might not make sense because of the money but his old qb butt here even if a shell of his former glory woudl be best qb play we have had since penny. We would be play off contender every year he played here. End of story. Not maybe not worth the money but the idea he would blow the place up doesn't make sense. We would have a qb capable of having WIlson and Hall go off in a game under his management. 

I hate the idea of carr coming here cause he is a loser but the same argument could be made for him,  both these guys gets us to the playsoffs last year and who knows what could have happened.

I like tanny the best for the money and qb play, but any of these guys can hold the fort for a year or two while we find our next qb to draft. 

oh and carr woudl be a perfect fit for atlanta? really. cause of all thier talent? give me a break sorry ass team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This I agree with. He’d eat Robert alive.

Maybe it’s the wake up call Saleh (and the organization) needs.

I can’t picture Rodgers putting up with “PVO” t-shirts or “story walls” or following an interview script from the the Jets PR department trying to remind him which platitudes are safe to repeat in front of a live mic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think it would be VERY helpful for the collective mindset of the well-being of Jets fans if two things were to occur:

1) GIVE UP THIS NOTION ABOUT AARON RODGERS.  

2) GIVE UP THIS NOTION ABOUT LAMAR JACKSON.

We have had two solid drafts.  If we could use Derek Carr as a bridge, he would get us to the playoffs.  Maybe Zach can be thrown in the trash heap….there will be some great QB's to draft over the next 3-4 years who could very well take the job from Derek.

And if you don't like Derek, insert a name.  Just not the above.  Those two would destroy all the good that has been built the past two years here.  

I give a thumbs up to edited version of this post. 

• Haha 1