Joe Douglas Press Conference Tuesday at 11 Am

jetsrule128

47 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me prep you…

”Rah rah rah bullsh*t bullsh*t bullsh*t”

This is the guy was Gona build around Sam and make Jamal a Jet for life and praised Adam Gase. 

Who knows it’s all bull

Aaaand….. We believe in Zach’s capabilities & expect he will continue to develop into our Qb of the future!

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 4

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me prep you…

This is the guy was Gona build around Sam and make Jamal a Jet for life and praised Adam Gase. 

Who knows it’s all bull

That’s probably the best types of things he could say. Imagine what would happen if he said ‘we’ll pay anything for Rodgers or Carr’

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me prep you…

Who knows it’s all bull

Will they be serving the media hard pretzels or soft pretzels on tuesday?

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Pretty telling Jets still haven’t signed Carr and no new news about Rodgers after leaving the cave

Cat Omg GIF

They've already missed out on every QB and are announcing they are giving Zach the Sanchez "I'm sorry we tried to get an actually good QB" contract extension. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Pretty telling Jets still haven’t signed Carr and no new news about Rodgers after leaving the cave

Cat Omg GIF

What's telling about it? Carr wants to get as many teams interested as possible to drive his value up, and no one can speak to Rodgers without permission from GB since he is under contract. You won't hear anything from GB unless they announce he is coming back or they agree to a trade.

No news is just no news.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, viffer said:

What's telling about it? Carr wants to get as many teams interested as possible to drive his value up, and no one can speak to Rodgers without permission from GB since he is under contract. You won't hear anything from GB unless they announce he is coming back or they agree to a trade.

No news is just no news.

This is nice to think 

BUT

1. When you have a “potential HOF” QB in your building you don’t let him leave, you make him a offer he couldn’t refuse. That’s how it works in professional sports. Now if you choose to believe the David Carr / media’s spin on the situation, fine by me.

2. If you don’t think the Jets don’t  have some type of knowledge of what is going on with A Rod idk what to tell you. You really think we hired Hackett because of his experience? 

“no team can speak to Rodgers” - you dudes really believe that crap? LMFAO

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, viffer said:

No news is just no news.

No one can speak to rodgers for 18 days 

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

If JD "makes him an offer he can't refuse" the first reaction here will be that he panicked, overpaid, we're crippled cap wise for years etc etc.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Exactly.

but you know logic is simply not allowed around here.

good Lord this place sometimes

Oh so now our opinion matters? He’s the GM of a professional sports team, he should always do what’s best for the team

think about what’s being said: we didn’t pay Carr because of fans reaction, y’all serious ?

7 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This is nice to think 

BUT

1. When you have a “potential HOF” QB in your building you don’t let him leave, you make him a offer he couldn’t refuse. That’s how it works in professional sports. Now if you choose to believe the David Carr / media’s spin on the situation, fine by me.

2. If you don’t think the Jets don’t  have some type of knowledge of what is going on with A Rod idk what to tell you. You really think we hired Hackett because of his experience? 

“no team can speak to Rodgers” - you dudes really believe that crap? LMFAO

100% agree with #1. they didnt even have to make him an offer he couldnt refuse, they just had to give him what he wanted and he would be a Jet by now. and that makes me think were not going to get him cause another team is going to do exactly that.

• Upvote 2

In no particular order, in Douglas voice:

"We are excited about the opportunity to improve the team at any position including QB."

"Wilson is part of the long term plans of this team"

"I have to continue doing my job and what is best for the team"

"We have learned a lot about ourselves in the last season"

"We are excited about where we are as team"

"We know we are capable to play in the playoffs"

"Woody is a a great owner"

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me prep you…

Who knows it’s all bull

and he drafted ryan leaf (zach wilson) AND tony mandarich (becton)

pretzel, anyone ?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me prep you…

Who knows it’s all bull

BULLSh*T  

What do you expect him to say upon taking over that he's getting rid of all 53 players, HC and owner.

He acted fairly quickly in revamping the roster. We went from having a leaky defense to a formidable one and revamp the CS AND drafted some very good picks in AVT, G Wilson, Moore etc.  Team is on the upswing.  So you want some mustard with that pretzel?

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Let me prep you…

Who knows it’s all bull

Sojf

Seems to me your mad at a gm being a gm? Build around young rookie qb. Literally the right move

Wish any talented player could be a jets forever. It was just a ice to thing one says as the gm. Nothing wrong with that at all. You do know he traded him away for like 10000 x what he was worth and improved the team . Again right move

He fired gase. After taking power back from the head coach. So that we have correct power structure in the FO.

Also again great moves. You literally don't like Joe Douglas for do it a good job which is ironic considering your delusional point.

• WTF? 2