Beach lovers and swimmers

Bronx

I started to swim with good technique about one year. I enjoy open water swimming and Mar Bella, P.R., is one of the most beautiful beaches in this country.

Screenshot_20230225_123455.thumb.jpg.e43525ad5be30b7486aa883f44edfefe.jpg

Screenshot_20230225_122035.thumb.jpg.8fe43db065a7a7da8986280d50d0e858.jpg

Recently, there was a whale sighting very close to the beach and manatees as well. There are also turtles, star fish and color fishes. You can also hear green parrots throughout the beach.

I hope that you could visit one day...you will love it.

• Post of the Week 1

Looks gorgeous.   Havent really spent a ton of time on the north coast of PR.  All my travels are for surf and have taken me to Aguadilla and Rincon and Puerto Real.  We chased a swell down on the South shore once, near Ponce.  Cant remember the place we surfed.  The beach was incredible. 

Jobos in Aguadilla is a killer beach.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Looks gorgeous.   Havent really spent a ton of time on the north coast of PR.  All my travels are for surf and have taken me to Aguadilla and Rincon and Puerto Real.  We chased a swell down on the South shore once, near Ponce.  Cant remember the place we surfed.  The beach was incredible. 

Jobos in Aguadilla is a killer beach.  

I am glad you had a chance to visit and explore the West coast. Aguadilla, Cabo Rojo and Rincon have wonderful beaches and are typically calmer than the Northern side of the island.

Puerto Nuevo (Mar Bella) is well maintained by the municipal authorities. The ambient is very welcoming and it is one of the main spots for beach tennis. Authorities also care of endangered species such as turtles and la Cotorra Puertorriqueña (green parrots). 

I hope that you get a chance to visit PR again. I was gone for 30 years and I am truly enjoying this wonderful tropical island after being gone for so many years. 

12 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I am glad you had a chance to visit and explore the West coast. Aguadilla, Cabo Rojo and Rincon have wonderful beaches and are typically calmer than the Northern side of the island.

Puerto Nuevo (Mar Bella) is well maintained by the municipal authorities. The ambient is very welcoming and it is one of the main spots for beach tennis. Authorities also care of endangered species such as turtles and la Cotorra Puertorriqueña (green parrots). 

I hope that you get a chance to visit PR again. I was gone for 30 years and I am truly enjoying this wonderful tropical island after being gone for so many years. 

I go quite a bit.  A good buddy has a place in Aguadilla.  It's an easy trip, cheap, direct flights out of Orlando.  It's typically a winter destination for me, that's when the swells are the best but yeah, I love that island.  The local surfers are all dick bags and very territorial but otherwise, yeah, killer spot w/ awesome food, waves, beaches, views...PR is a gorgeous island. 

• Upvote 1