• Zach Jets 3rd string QB
    • Zach Jets 2nd string QB
    • Zach Jets starting QB
    • Jets trade Zach
    • Jets cut Zach
    • Zach on PUP/IR list
    • Zach on Practice Squad

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He'll be the #2 on opening day, barring injury to the #1 in preseason (or to himself, he is injury-prone after all).

Regardless of what we think, regardless of his exceptionally low levels of production and performance, JD seems to still like and believe in him.  

I think JD cant wait to dump him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He'll be the #2 on opening day, barring injury to the #1 in preseason (or to himself, he is injury-prone after all).

Regardless of what we think, regardless of his exceptionally low levels of production and performance, JD seems to still like and believe in him.  

What data supports this?  

• WTF? 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is trading for him so cut his a$$ at our earliest convenience, please.  We don’t need to be doing something silly like carrying 4 QBs next season.  

It would be idiotic to cut a guy with that much of a cap hit. Dumb.  Cap hit $9,586,549 and a dead cap value of $20,770,856

But hey, the Jets have done worse. 

29 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

If we dont get rodgers or carr I think Douglas overpays to have white stay as backup (especially if injury prone Jimmy G) which puts Zach at #3

God help us if MFW is the backup.  You're funny...Jimmy G is injury prone and yet you have that piece of glass as our backup...damn!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

If Rodgers is the QB Zach will be #2

If Carr is QB Zach is gone.

If your the Jets do you give Carr a big fat contract when he's scared that Zach Wilson is on the roster? No you don't! A real QB would not care if Zach is there also and would not be scared about some competition. If Carr has stipulated that he won't come if Zach is present then Carr will never be a Jet.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

If your the Jets do you give Carr a big fat contract when he's scared that Zach Wilson is on the roster? No you don't! A real QB would not care if Zach is there also and would not be scared about some competition. If Carr has stipulated that he won't come if Zach is present then Carr will never be a Jet.

If Rodgers signs he will be the starter for two seasons, Zach will be 25 and could take over. If Carr signs, he could be our starter the next 5-7 years, in that case they would prefer to have a true #2 veteran QB. Perhaps White. My opinion has nothing to do with Carr being afraid of Zach, I just don’t think he would be in their plans anymore.

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If Rodgers signs he will be the starter for two seasons, Zach will be 25 and could take over. If Carr signs, he could be our starter the next 5-7 years, in that case they would prefer to have a true #2 veteran QB. Perhaps White. My opinion has nothing to do with Carr being afraid of Zach, I just don’t think he would be in their plans anymore.

This is why I believe Jets (probably with Woody meddling) is leaning Rodgers.

I believe allowing hope for a historic and unprecedented turnaround in one of the worst QB draft busts of all time to influence team moves is absurd, but hey Woody signs the checks.

• Upvote 1

We can talk about cap hit and cash.

trading Zach would cost cap space, which would further the Jets ability to compete if they sign an expensive QB

trading Zach is less of a cap hit but saves Woody paying Zach’s salaries. 

Cutting Zach this year and taking the hit would be very embarrassing to JD.  So would Zach moving on and playing better   Look at all the press about Geno 10 years later  

so keeping Zach as a backup and trying the develop him makes the most sense.  Trade next year would be great.  

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope 

He don’t like that stain on his record and will cover it until it doesn’t matter anymore or he gets fired, which ever comes first 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is trading for him so cut his a$$ at our earliest convenience, please.  We don’t need to be doing something silly like carrying 4 QBs next season.  

Once we met Lamar, having Zach sit and watch can only yield good results. Lamar, Zach, Strev. Cut the fourth, whoever that is.. Mike White, Aaron, whoever.