Jump to content

Zach status as a Jet Opening Day


SouthernJet

Zach's status as a Jet by Opening Day?  

101 members have voted

  1. 1. Your opinion of what Jets do to Zach by Opening Day

    • Zach Jets 3rd string QB
      27
    • Zach Jets 2nd string QB
      60
    • Zach Jets starting QB
      1
    • Jets trade Zach
      9
    • Jets cut Zach
      1
    • Zach on PUP/IR list
      1
    • Zach on Practice Squad
      2


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He'll be the #2 on opening day, barring injury to the #1 in preseason (or to himself, he is injury-prone after all).

Regardless of what we think, regardless of his exceptionally low levels of production and performance, JD seems to still like and believe in him.  

I think JD cant wait to dump him.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He'll be the #2 on opening day, barring injury to the #1 in preseason (or to himself, he is injury-prone after all).

Regardless of what we think, regardless of his exceptionally low levels of production and performance, JD seems to still like and believe in him.  

What data supports this?  

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is trading for him so cut his a$$ at our earliest convenience, please.  We don’t need to be doing something silly like carrying 4 QBs next season.  

It would be idiotic to cut a guy with that much of a cap hit. Dumb.  Cap hit $9,586,549 and a dead cap value of $20,770,856

But hey, the Jets have done worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

If we dont get rodgers or carr I think Douglas overpays to have white stay as backup (especially if injury prone Jimmy G) which puts Zach at #3

God help us if MFW is the backup.  You're funny...Jimmy G is injury prone and yet you have that piece of glass as our backup...damn!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

If Rodgers is the QB Zach will be #2

If Carr is QB Zach is gone.

If your the Jets do you give Carr a big fat contract when he's scared that Zach Wilson is on the roster? No you don't! A real QB would not care if Zach is there also and would not be scared about some competition. If Carr has stipulated that he won't come if Zach is present then Carr will never be a Jet.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

If your the Jets do you give Carr a big fat contract when he's scared that Zach Wilson is on the roster? No you don't! A real QB would not care if Zach is there also and would not be scared about some competition. If Carr has stipulated that he won't come if Zach is present then Carr will never be a Jet.

If Rodgers signs he will be the starter for two seasons, Zach will be 25 and could take over. If Carr signs, he could be our starter the next 5-7 years, in that case they would prefer to have a true #2 veteran QB. Perhaps White. My opinion has nothing to do with Carr being afraid of Zach, I just don’t think he would be in their plans anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If Rodgers signs he will be the starter for two seasons, Zach will be 25 and could take over. If Carr signs, he could be our starter the next 5-7 years, in that case they would prefer to have a true #2 veteran QB. Perhaps White. My opinion has nothing to do with Carr being afraid of Zach, I just don’t think he would be in their plans anymore.

This is why I believe Jets (probably with Woody meddling) is leaning Rodgers.

I believe allowing hope for a historic and unprecedented turnaround in one of the worst QB draft busts of all time to influence team moves is absurd, but hey Woody signs the checks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can talk about cap hit and cash.

trading Zach would cost cap space, which would further the Jets ability to compete if they sign an expensive QB

trading Zach is less of a cap hit but saves Woody paying Zach’s salaries. 
 

Cutting Zach this year and taking the hit would be very embarrassing to JD.  So would Zach moving on and playing better   Look at all the press about Geno 10 years later  

so keeping Zach as a backup and trying the develop him makes the most sense.  Trade next year would be great.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

He'll be the #2 on opening day, barring injury to the #1 in preseason (or to himself, he is injury-prone after all).

Regardless of what we think, regardless of his exceptionally low levels of production and performance, JD seems to still like and believe in him.  

Nope 

He don’t like that stain on his record and will cover it until it doesn’t matter anymore or he gets fired, which ever comes first 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is trading for him so cut his a$$ at our earliest convenience, please.  We don’t need to be doing something silly like carrying 4 QBs next season.  

Once we met Lamar, having Zach sit and watch can only yield good results. Lamar, Zach, Strev. Cut the fourth, whoever that is.. Mike White, Aaron, whoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...