This waiting is getting old.

kevinc855

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Will we have a quarterback by next Sunday? 

The media seems to think Rodgers is talking to the packers and Carr wants to sign very soon. Douglas has his PC on Tuesday. I’d guess that it’ll happen tomorrow so it’ll be good vibes, but who really knows 

Not really, this was totally  to be expected.  Rodgers has never done anything but draw out the process of what he is going to do.  The only hope is if the packers lay  the hammer down.

In  any case the Jets should not hang on Rodgers or the packers, the message to Carr should be let us know when you are making your decision and if Rodgers and the packers have not made their move by then he goes on the back burner and totally focus on getting Carr.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Will we have a quarterback by next Sunday? 

Ive been saying for a while that we will lose out on Carr and Rodgers most likely. Trade for fields or move up and take another swing. trade Zach. This era of football requires a superstar talent to win it all. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

1. Next week is certainly possible

2. 95% chance it happen before official start of free agency

3. 99% chance it happens before draft.  GB has been clearing cap, could it be to afford the $40M cap hit they’ll incur to get the Jets 2023 first or second round pick

4. All eyes on the Panthers, do they go the draft route after both Rhule & Reich at Indy failed going the vet route?  Combine may be last bit input to help them make that decision 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

I’d be absolutely shocked if the Jets didn’t end up with one of Rodgers or Carr. The drop off is just insane after that and the Jets FO is fully aware. Unless they can talk themselves into Jimmy as a consolation it’s basically the nail in the coffin for Joey and Bobby. 

im shocked with their jobs on the line that Carr isnt already a Jet. they're taking a huge gamble by waiting on Rodgers cause like you said the drop-off after them is insane.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Not really, this was totally  to be expected.  Rodgers has never done anything but draw out the process of what he is going to do.  The only hope is if the packers lay  the hammer down.

In  any case the Jets should not hang on Rodgers or the packers, the message to Carr should be let us know when you are making your decision and if Rodgers and the packers have not made their move by then he goes on the back burner and totally focus on getting Carr.

I think you're right, but I'm puzzled by Carr's inactivity. Are there no other teams interested in having him visit? I saw some reports that the Panthers were off the table. What other teams would be in the mix at this point? Tampa? Falcons?

I'd bet money we know about Rodgers/Packers status sometime this week. But a trade may take more time - assuming they are parting ways and he isn't retiring.

Carr may take a lot longer if he doesn't feel he is getting the offer he feels he deserves. He will get paid better if he is somewhat patient.