Jump to content

Ken o Brien next for ring of honor


ob07

Recommended Posts

I’m a big Ken O’Brien fan but if he’s going in our ring of honor it is kind of embarrassing for the franchise.

There needs to be some level of standard. Yes he had some amazing games, particularly against Miami and provided some of the best Jets memories but the bar would be set too low with him.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

This  franchise held a press conference intro-ing Boomer as the new QB in a #7 jersey with O’Brien still on the roster. That’s all you need to know. 

but that is because boomer was coslets boy and i like boomer hated coslet

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m a big Ken O’Brien fan but if he’s going in our ring of honor it is kind of embarrassing for the franchise.

There needs to be some level of standard. Yes he had some amazing games, particularly against Miami and provided some of the best Jets memories but the bar would be set too low with him.

true but he did beat dan alot in head to head .... not all the time but he did come out on top

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ob07 said:

Hi guys new to forum, im a old time jets fan and miss the old days plus old uniforms (hate the black unis ) .... Glad for Klecko getting in long over due for the hall... My other fav player growing up was ken o brien, who i think deserves to be honored ... Coslet screwed him over, esp thinking eason and nagle were better lol, walton hurt him in the end, and deserves to be honored... yes he was no marino or elway but he was solid, and when healthy he was damn solid deserves to be recognized in jets ring of honor...

 

as far as next qb, i would with carr... no need to bring in the diva rodgers in here for what 2 years at most, get carr and if not maybee jimmy g... but no a rod...  jets are that close dont screw it up by getting the diva klecko knows ... and no to that fraud lamar jackson he quit on ravens and is another diva with a inj problem..... 

Sorry, I liked Ken O'brien, but he is not worthy for the Jets ring of honor.  And we could have had Dan Marino, but these are the Jets we are talking about.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

O’Brien threw one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen. And he wasn’t bad as a qb except he tended to hold the ball too long and got clobbered in the process. And he wasn’t a real leader. I recall someone said he reminded him of Ghandi as opposed to be a fiery leader.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ob07 said:

true but he did beat dan alot in head to head .... not all the time but he did come out on top

Kenny O and those mid 80s teams were definitely some of my favorite Jets teams. Really fun to watch.

It's a shame what happened in '86 because I actually think we would have given NYG a run for their money in the Super Bowl.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, section314 said:

FWIW, Pennington goes in before O’Brien. Won 2 playoff games, would have been at least 3 if not for Doug Brien, and won our last division title. And no, he’s not getting in either.

because he had 1 really good year? fans couldnt wait to get rid of him....not to mention he ended up having good years with miami.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ob07 said:

Hi guys new to forum, im a old time jets fan and miss the old days plus old uniforms (hate the black unis ) .... Glad for Klecko getting in long over due for the hall... My other fav player growing up was ken o brien, who i think deserves to be honored ... Coslet screwed him over, esp thinking eason and nagle were better lol, walton hurt him in the end, and deserves to be honored... yes he was no marino or elway but he was solid, and when healthy he was damn solid deserves to be recognized in jets ring of honor...

 

as far as next qb, i would with carr... no need to bring in the diva rodgers in here for what 2 years at most, get carr and if not maybee jimmy g... but no a rod...  jets are that close dont screw it up by getting the diva klecko knows ... and no to that fraud lamar jackson he quit on ravens and is another diva with a inj problem..... 

Have to say, I love Chrebet, love him but if he is in the Ring of Honor -- Kenny should be in hands down.

There is a pecking order here, players that played for the current owner are in. Players that played for the previous owner aren't in. Even when they are better.

Would love to Kenny and Mehl to get in.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, section314 said:

FWIW, Pennington goes in before O’Brien. Won 2 playoff games, would have been at least 3 if not for Doug Brien, and won our last division title. And no, he’s not getting in either.

Just on yards alone there is no way Chad gets in before Kenny. Chad played in a passer friendly time, Kenny didn't. Yet Kenny still threw for way more. Plus he took a beating and stood tall. That is Ring of Honor worthy right there.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just on yards alone there is no way Chad gets in before Kenny. Chad played in a passer friendly time, Kenny didn't. Yet Kenny still threw for way more. Plus he took a beating and stood tall. That is Ring of Honor worthy right there.

?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just on yards alone there is no way Chad gets in before Kenny. Chad played in a passer friendly time, Kenny didn't. Yet Kenny still threw for way more. Plus he took a beating and stood tall. That is Ring of Honor worthy right there.

And Ken O’Brien also never told journalists it is a “privilege” to write about him.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ob07 said:

Hi guys new to forum, im a old time jets fan and miss the old days plus old uniforms (hate the black unis ) .... Glad for Klecko getting in long over due for the hall... My other fav player growing up was ken o brien, who i think deserves to be honored ... Coslet screwed him over, esp thinking eason and nagle were better lol, walton hurt him in the end, and deserves to be honored... yes he was no marino or elway but he was solid, and when healthy he was damn solid deserves to be recognized in jets ring of honor...

 

as far as next qb, i would with carr... no need to bring in the diva rodgers in here for what 2 years at most, get carr and if not maybee jimmy g... but no a rod...  jets are that close dont screw it up by getting the diva klecko knows ... and no to that fraud lamar jackson he quit on ravens and is another diva with a inj problem..... 

I loved O'Brien.  When he played, the team's ball carrier and offensive design was geared to the ground game.  If O'Brien was in a contemporary pass first and then pass pass pass offense, he'd be one of the top 5 qbs in the league.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, section314 said:

FWIW, Pennington goes in before O’Brien. Won 2 playoff games, would have been at least 3 if not for Doug Brien, and won our last division title. And no, he’s not getting in either.

I really liked Pennington (and O'Brien too).  When the bench mark for inclusion into the Jets Ring of Honor is winning 2 playoff games, it's obvious that the Ring of Honor Bar is way too low.

Mark Sanchez won twice as many (and beat Brady and Payton Manning in the playoffs on consecutive weeks.  Should he get in too?  And his Head Coach, Rex Ryan as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...