Who Are The Top 3 QBs In The NFL Right Now?

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Make this an "all things considered" type thing (so things like age and contract both matter).

For me, it's Mahomes, Burrow and maybe this is controversial but I'll say Trevor Lawrence is #3.  

Those would also be my choices,    Lawrence played like an MVP during the last half of the regular season.  He's only going to get even better under Pederson in year two.  Year one was a complete waste of time under Urban Meyer.

• Upvote 1

who is really qualified to even say..more power to them.

I for 1 couldn't tell you because I haven't seen every QB play every game in a season and stats don't tell the whole story.  Like the draft all you see are the good clips or highlights or you relying on taling heads opinions and not your own.  When I look at players for top of draft I try not to even look at those highlight clips but rather watch the the games but im not crazy either, I have a life and there is only so much you can watch.

Anywho the most I see of other QBs is when they play the Jets and Jets mostly suck so not only small sample size it is tainted.

Mahomes..  Big gap.. Then Burrows..   Then its a bit unclear.. 

If Rodgers is dialed in with a full offseason to work on things, and if his body is ok, then you could argue he's still a top3 qb.  I do think he is probably the most talented qb of all time and basically good at everything.

But if he doesn't gaf, then its Allen/Lamar/Herbert who are all real close to each other.

1 hour ago, Hael said:

Mahomes..  Big gap.. Then Burrows..   Then its a bit unclear.. 

If Rodgers is dialed in with a full offseason to work on things, and if his body is ok, then you could argue he's still a top3 qb.  I do think he is probably the most talented qb of all time and basically good at everything.

But if he doesn't gaf, then its Allen/Lamar/Herbert who are all real close to each other.

I think that way of Mahomes.

14 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Dylan Dylan Dylan

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You really have the courage to wait for the changing of the guards? Well if you do, I guess don't think twice, my darling young one.

I just know it's not Bryce Petty, especially if A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall.  

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

If you say so.

Not in my top 10 yet, maybe not even top 15.

But folks love hype I guess.

Folks love names.....please provide.

I would have Mahomes and Burrow as this decades Brady/Manning combo.  I would probably go with Allen as #3 over Herbert.  I cannot see Trevor that much lower.  If you want to pick nits and go with Rodgers, Wilson or even Lamar I get the argument.  Or even Hurts.  Cousins? 

Who are your Top 10? 15?

15 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Folks love names.....please provide.

I would have Mahomes and Burrow as this decades Brady/Manning combo.  I would probably go with Allen as #3 over Herbert.  I cannot see Trevor that much lower.  If you want to pick nits and go with Rodgers, Wilson or even Lamar I get the argument.  Or even Hurts.  Cousins? 

Who are your Top 10? 15?

I don't have a top 10 list all pre-prepared just for threads like this, lol. 

When I think "best, most productive QB's today", TL isn't even an afterthought.  Not yet at least.

If we're playing a game today, and I get to pick a QB, and they're all playing on a equal talented team, I'd likely pick all these folks before I'd pick TL:

1. Mahomes
2. Burrow
3. Allen
4. Herbert
5. Cousins
6. Hurts
7. Jackson
8. Tagovailoa
9. Goff
10. Rodgers

Stafford could be on this list as well.  Jones and Smith has equally good years last year.  Etc.

Now, could TL wind up up there?  Sure, absolutely, unlike Zach Wilson, TL really HAS shown flashes, and last season (4,113, 25/8, 95.2) certainly puts him in a place where he could launch into the top 10 or top 5 in 2023, no doubt.

But he isn't there yet, and even last year he has as many trash moments as great moments.  IMO he needs to keep showing out, and clean up the trash times, to be top 10.  Right now he's been trash a season and a half, and great one half of one season.  The resume is too small to be top 10 yet.

• Upvote 1