What is your opinion on the black uniforms and helmets

ob07

what is your opinion on the black uniform and helmets  

79 members have voted

1. 1. what is your opinon on the black uniforms and helmets

• love it
    • hate it , should only be green and white....
    • throw back should always be the namath uniforms .....
    • throwback should be the sack exchange uniforms

Team colors are green and white ... At least that's what the team has been selling since the Titans.

Not Green and Black, Black on Black, Black on Green, Black on White or White on Black.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Black on black with the matte black helmets and green face masks is the best combo right now.

I'm sure I am in a tiny minority and many would consider this blasphemous, but I think the Jets should ditch green and white in the next redesign. Time for a new identity and to fully embrace a jets theme. I'd love to see silver, gray, and black color scheme.

image.png.cde1fd263c26bb2b98b9d49a995b2cdb.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually hate the green jersey more than the black. My issue is the style overall I suppose, they just dropped the ball on this uniform. 

It's a valid point.  The Green Jersey's have always sucked.  The White Jersey with White pants and the white helmet have always been a nice look.  The green pants, green on green suck balls.  The black helmet is atrocious.  

10 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

I'm partial to the Sack Exchange era uniforms, as that's when I became interested in the Jets. 

I loved that the helmet green colors didn't match and it was obvious when the D or OL was set.   It had a high school science project look that was campy enough to almost work.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, Mogglez said:

Love them.  Still want them redone to something like either of these 2:

74DFE056-EB54-4557-AF18-24B25451690F.jpeg

AEAF41CE-83EC-4C22-A4B9-9647A1087AF7.jpeg

I am in the camp if we need to return to our classics but we should use some combo of our blacks and 80s logo to be the alternates.  But I really like that jersey you posted….similar to some of my favorite concepts I’ve seen posted around….

104D1916-D72C-43F4-B719-859ACB2B6547.jpeg

327D32AF-2453-4319-9622-499F074270DA.jpeg

• Ugh 1

9 hours ago, Biggs said:

I loved that the helmet green colors didn't match and it was obvious when the D or OL was set.   It had a high school science project look that was campy enough to almost work.  

Yep, they were off (like a bad paint match on shoddy auto body work), but so did other teams. Of course, back then, helmet paint matching to the uniform probably wasn't a priority or the technology wasn't there. I don't mind the metallic green on the helmets now, it looks sharp. Heck even an image of a F-22 or a mock up of one on the helmet would be cool too, just like the Sack Exchange era helmets with their "jet" on it. Although, given our history, a DC-10 would be far more appropriate. 

PS Love the Cat Ballou avatar! Who was drunker, Lee Marvin, or the horse? 

Edited by JetsfaninNorthHollywood
  • Upvote 1

I’m a white helmet guy.  The uniform combination for Sam’s first game in Detroit is their greatest look.

That being said, the black helmet is loads better than the current green one.  I hate the current green jersey, helmet, and pants. If they stick with the black pants with white jersey then they need to wear the black helmet.  

Going back to a modern version of our 98-18 jersey is the best option. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Black uniforms are horrible. The entire new set is worst in the league level bad. 

just make a throwback Woody (it probably will never happen)

F55BB0E8-FB1D-4061-9816-E3A17EE342A1.jpeg

They should just go back to the uniforms we had from 1998-2018 with occasionally using the 80's uniforms as throw backs.  These new uniforms Woody designed look like even a crappier version of the Jacksonville Jaguars jerseys.

So this upcoming year with a new QB will probably be our last with the current unis right?

.....is there any rumor of Woody wanting to bring back a throwback uni to be used on certain games ....I'm sure a certain Mr Rodgers rocking a throwback jersey would be a huge seller!

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk