Jump to content

Schefty on Rodgers - I Believe' It's Jets Trade or Retirement for Packers QB


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Schefter on Aaron Rodgers: 'I Believe' It's Jets Trade or Retirement for Packers QB

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10067491-schefter-on-aaron-rodgers-i-believe-its-jets-trade-or-retirement-for-packers-qb

 

 

If Aaron Rodgers moves on from the Green Bay Packers this offseason, it appears there may only be two options on the table for the veteran quarterback.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday on SportsCenter that he believes Rodgers will either be traded to the New York Jets or opt for retirement:

"My sense is there continues to be more and more signs about him leaving Green Bay. And I think in the end, my sense is ultimately it will come down to whether he wants to play elsewhere, which would be really the New York Jets, or whether he wants to retire. To me, those are the two most logical options and the two most likely scenarios here. But again, we have not heard from Aaron Rodgers himself. 

 

"We have heard the Packers talk about Jordan Love and how much belief they have in him and how much progress he's made. And I think he's their quarterback of the future here, clearly. And they continue to wait for the decision from Aaron Rodgers, who knows that at some point in time, he's said the Packers have had conversations about him with other teams. And that's why I believe that it's going to either be the New York Jets or retirement in the end. And we'll show how this shakes out, but there's nothing yet from Aaron Rodgers. It has to come soon. 

"We are basically under two weeks until the start of the league year. We await his word and at some point, something's going to have to happen here because Derek Carr's waiting to see where's Aaron Rodgers wants to go. These teams need decisions from the quarterbacks and everything right now is being hung up while we wait to hear from No. 12.

 

And we are still no closer to the truth

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Didnt Rodgers point out himself that Schefter specifically has no idea what hes talking about in regards to his situation? 

Sure, thats true, he doesn't know from Rodgers's persepctive. He may know whats going on from the packer perspective.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Any idea if I can that bet anywhere in an app?  Can’t find it on FanDuel, but I would bet a pretty good sum Rodgers is a Jet. 
 

to be clear, I’m not a particular fan of the move but I think it’s happening. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not saying it’s a done deal. But Schefty does know what his reputation is - this isn’t just a random thought.
Probably sources high up in GB.  

Agree - I doubt Schefter is just pulling this out of his ass. He knows something, but as he said hasn't talked to Rodgers. So he knows nothing about what Rodgers thinks, but probably something substantial about what the Packers and/or Jets think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Imagine. A guy would rather give up $60mm than play for the Jets.  

It's not like 60 mil or nothing. It's 60 on top of the 200 he's already made. That 60 million is life changing money for everyone on this board. For a guy who is already worth 9 figures it does not really move the needle 

Especially if you're choosing between the money and a 4th concussion or another major injury 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You know that Vegas lines are set by the money and they are moving lines to get the most action.... 

Ever watch draft pick lines... Vegas just goes with the flow of money... 

After the combine walker was +500 or more... 2 days before the draft he dropped to - 200

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

You know that Vegas lines are set by the money and they are moving lines to get the most action.... 

Ever watch draft pick lines... Vegas just goes with the flow of money... 

After the combine walker was +500 or more... 2 days before the draft he dropped to - 200

Don't bother

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll say it again.  I truly believe the Jets and Packers are working on compensation.  Neither the Packers or Rodgers has said anything about him returning.  It isn't like they're working on a contract, that's already in place.  The Jets have Hackett who Rodgers has already said, he LOVES the guy.  Maybe Rodgers is drinking the same kool-aid most of us have that we are a QB away.  Seems to me, if Carr was really on our radar and we aren't giving up picks to get him, we would have signed him already...AR is coming and I'm sticking to it.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Very interesting.

Part of me feels like if he doesn't have the conviction to play why would you even want him.

And yet... The idea of Aaron Rodgers on this team is pretty appealing.

I cannot tell if it’s conviction or the tactic he’s using to get what he wants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Schefter on Aaron Rodgers: 'I Believe' It's Jets Trade or Retirement for Packers QB

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10067491-schefter-on-aaron-rodgers-i-believe-its-jets-trade-or-retirement-for-packers-qb

 

 

If Aaron Rodgers moves on from the Green Bay Packers this offseason, it appears there may only be two options on the table for the veteran quarterback.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday on SportsCenter that he believes Rodgers will either be traded to the New York Jets or opt for retirement:

"My sense is there continues to be more and more signs about him leaving Green Bay. And I think in the end, my sense is ultimately it will come down to whether he wants to play elsewhere, which would be really the New York Jets, or whether he wants to retire. To me, those are the two most logical options and the two most likely scenarios here. But again, we have not heard from Aaron Rodgers himself. 

 

"We have heard the Packers talk about Jordan Love and how much belief they have in him and how much progress he's made. And I think he's their quarterback of the future here, clearly. And they continue to wait for the decision from Aaron Rodgers, who knows that at some point in time, he's said the Packers have had conversations about him with other teams. And that's why I believe that it's going to either be the New York Jets or retirement in the end. And we'll show how this shakes out, but there's nothing yet from Aaron Rodgers. It has to come soon. 

"We are basically under two weeks until the start of the league year. We await his word and at some point, something's going to have to happen here because Derek Carr's waiting to see where's Aaron Rodgers wants to go. These teams need decisions from the quarterbacks and everything right now is being hung up while we wait to hear from No. 12.

 

No brainer.  Enjoy retirement Aaron.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading through the tea leaves here...and my own uneducated / unprofessional / random thoughts:

  • Rodgers' team (pre-darkness) put out trade feelers "in case Aaron seeks greener pastures in 2023"
  • This was Rodgers' attempt to leverage Green Bay into allowing him to decide who to sign, cut, trade for, draft, hire - enter darkness retreat and expecting upon exit Green Bay ready to make Rodgers happy with trade proposals for Jordan Love, preliminary contract offers to Rodgers' preference list of players
  • Rodgers exited the darkness and gave Green Bay his list of "demands" to return (his ideal preference)
  • Green Bay said we are not operating with you as the unofficial GM and coach any longer
  • Rodgers said "oh yeah so what are you going to do trade me?"
  • Green Bay said "yes."
  • Rodgers now is deciding whether he even wants to play anymore 
  • Rodgers' ego is massive and ultimately will cause him to return out of spite to Green Bay
  • Rodgers has become the very thing he once loathed....Brett Favre.
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Very interesting.

Part of me feels like if he doesn't have the conviction to play why would you even want him.

And yet... The idea of Aaron Rodgers on this team is pretty appealing.

Exactly how I feel. 

I'm openly very skeptical about adding a guy who has been talking about retirement for years and is already a first ballot HOFer. I could see it really blowing up. We go on a 3 game losing streak in mid November - is AR motivated to pull us out of our funk or is he dreaming about beaches, magic mushrooms, and dark rooms?

On the other hand, the Jets homer in me would be super excited to watch Aaron Rodgers throw to Garret Wilson. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...