Jump to content

If they get Aaron Rodgers, how would you feel about this?


Maxman

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Why is that depending on getting Aaron Rodgers?

I would skip the guard but would be more than happy to get Johnson and Wypler no matter who our QB is.

Agreed. One of the better LB or Safety players if we even have a 2nd round pick after getting AR.

My bet is #43 this year and a conditional 2nd next year for Rodgers. GB needs to unload him for several reasons. His contract is burdensome, Love needs to play, he’s a Diva and past his prime.

 

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sensing a theme here in the first three rounds?  :)

image.png

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

I'm good with it, BUT you won't have all those picks if you get Aaron

Well that is a very good and logical point. I guess I won't share the one where I traded down 4 times and made the team accept it each time. The Jets having 5 first rounders next year seemed too good to be true.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 9:31 AM, chirorob said:

I'm good with it, BUT you won't have all those picks if you get Aaron

Give up the 2nd rounder. Paris or another T in rd 1 and Wypler in rd 3 are good additions to the OL.  I could see Pack wanting players as well. Probably a choice of a couple in a package of, Moore, Becton, Mims, Bryce Hall along with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Give up the 2nd rounder. Paris or another T in rd 1 and Wypler in rd 3 are good additions to the OL.  I could see Pack wanting players as well. Probably a choice of a couple in a package of, Moore, Becton, Mims, Bryce Hall along with a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. 

No possible way we are trading Becton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are we absolutely sure Becton isn’t going to be the left tackle this year? He’s clearly been working hard this offseason. Maybe he’s learned his lesson?

What a testament to Mekhi's offseason this is.  I know you were probably among his biggest skeptics (I was one too) but he really is showing dedication this offseason.  I still don't know how much we can count on him though because he hasn't played in 2 years.  Also, even if he plays well this year, are we going to give him a contract?  It seems like he's only motivated to be in shape when he's playing for one.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are we absolutely sure Becton isn’t going to be the left tackle this year? He’s clearly been working hard this offseason. Maybe he’s learned his lesson?

Has his 2 time surgically repaired knee learned its lesson too??

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind this draft. But I also don't think it nec. revolves around Aaron Rodgers. 

Most likely, none of these guys will start- barring injury. I think odds are the Jets will eventually bring in a veteran starting caliber C. Wypler is good, but I wouldn't consider him a prospect who you can confidently assume will step right in and start. Odds are Brown will start at LT and Becton at RT. AVT and Tomlinson at the Guard spots. 

This draft represents drafting for the future of the Franchise. Nothing wrong with that. But not nec. for Aaron Rodgers. Now, if our O-line gets banged up, and it probably will, its great to have some young depth. No denying that. But frankly, its better to have veteran depth. 

What would truly help Rodgers is if we 1. Added more weapons. 2. Filled in glaring holes/weaknesses (offense and/or defense). 

For example. Adding a stud WR with size like Q.Johnston or an elite RB to pair with Hall as he comes off injury (Bijan Robinson) would be the best way we could help Rodgers. Drafting Branch out of 'Bama or Sydney Brown from Illinois to plug up that FS hole, or Mazi Smith to plug up that DT spot next to QW. That would help Rodgers. Not nec. fortify O-line depth.   

But JD can't just draft with Rodgers in mind. He needs to draft based on what players are available and with the future of the franchise in mind. And this is why I don't mind this draft at all. We need a young OT who can be there in case Becton doesn't work out (or gets injured again) and after Brown retires. We need a long term answer at Guard that isn't Tomlinson. We need a long term answer at C.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2023 at 9:05 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

What a testament to Mekhi's offseason this is.  I know you were probably among his biggest skeptics (I was one too) but he really is showing dedication this offseason.  I still don't know how much we can count on him though because he hasn't played in 2 years.  Also, even if he plays well this year, are we going to give him a contract?  It seems like he's only motivated to be in shape when he's playing for one.  

You can’t count on him at all. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...