Mike White is "intrigued" by an AFC East rival

Bronx

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Way less accurate, slower of foot, not close on his ability to run play action.  Chad's play action fakes were absolutely tremendous and he was great at moving within the pocket.  Pennington was 10X the QB Mike White is.  There's a reason he went in the first round.  He was extremely good until his arm fell off. 

Agree about Chad

To think that Pennington and White had equal amounts of talent is not true Mike White is nothing more than a serviceable backup QB who does belong in the NFL as a second, third string QB

His comparison should be Pat Ryan and Ryan was also better than White 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

He'd kill in that offense.  Good for him.  I wish there was another universe where Mike White was able to lead this team and not Zach Wilson the last 2 years but yah know, JetBlue.

If he could have just stayed healthy either in Indy in 2021 or in Buffalo in 2022, there is a chance he’s QB1 right now. Especially the broken ribs this year. That was his chance to take this job. 

• Upvote 2

Things I believe about Mike Effin White:

1-I believe that Mike White could be a damn good starting QB in this league.

2-I know he's a better QB than that piece of sheep-dip who we WASTED the highest draft pick we had in a generation on. Zach Wilson

3-I disagree with the common meme that's out there that somehow he is "injury prone"

4-He took two hits from this dirty Bills players that this Jets fan will NEVER forget or forgive. Matt Milano is a scumbag who TRIES to hurt QBs

5-ANY other player who took the hit that broke his ribs would ALSO have had their ribs broken. and finally...

6-Losing Mike White to the Dolphins would be just as painful as when Chad turned from green to teal.

This will be another one of those things that the Jets have always done during the Johnson's ownership era. Keeping a player they drafted over the better player just BECAUSE he was a Jets draftee. One of the most glaring examples of this mistake-ridden policy was when they chose Joe McKnight over Danny Woodhead on the final cutdown day at which point Belichick snapped Woodhead up and got 926 total yards and 6 TDs (547  and 5 TDs rushing & 34-379 1 TD receiving) from him whilst The Late Joe McKnight gained 189 yards rushing and caught 3 passes for 20 yards.

The only reason Mike While might not be a Jet is because of the worst starting QB drafted as highly as he was staying on the team for the same reason that we lost out on Woodhead for. If the tables were turned Bill Belichick would cut Wilson and keep the better player-regardless of where he was selected.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 2

Not surprised.  Isn’t he from Florida?  Also he knows  his position is up in the air with this team due to Zach Wilson.  Jets are bringing in a vet starter, and will most likely be stuck with Zach because I don’t see a trade happening.  Where does that leave White?  Backup with Zach 3rd string?  Don’t think Jets can afford to pay White if he wants a bit more.

19 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Things I believe about Mike Effin White:

1-I believe that Mike White could be a damn good starting QB in this league.

2-I know he's a better QB than that piece of sheep-dip who we WASTED the highest draft pick we had in a generation on. Zach Wilson

3-I disagree with the common meme that's out there that somehow he is "injury prone"

4-He took two hits from this dirty Bills players that this Jets fan will NEVER forget or forgive. Matt Milano is a scumbag who TRIES to hurt QBs

5-ANY other player who took the hit that broke his ribs would ALSO have had their ribs broken. and finally...

6-Losing Mike White to the Dolphins would be just as painful as when Chad turned from green to teal.

This will be another one of those things that the Jets have always done during the Johnson's ownership era. Keeping a player they drafted over the better player just BECAUSE he was a Jets draftee. One of the most glaring examples of this mistake-ridden policy was when they chose Joe McKnight over Danny Woodhead on the final cutdown day at which point Belichick snapped Woodhead up and got 926 total yards and 6 TDs (547  and 5 TDs rushing & 34-379 1 TD receiving) from him whilst The Late Joe McKnight gained 189 yards rushing and caught 3 passes for 20 yards.

The only reason Mike While might not be a Jet is because of the worst starting QB drafted as highly as he was staying on the team for the same reason that we lost out on Woodhead for. If the tables were turned Bill Belichick would cut Wilson and keep the better player-regardless of where he was selected.

Mike White is not a good NFL QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Of course he is intrigued by Miami. He's from Florida and Tua will be in concussion protocol for 3/4 of the season.

(I'd also add no state income tax, but that would make this post politically polarizing for reasons).

• Upvote 1